• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
She-Ra reboot coming to Netflix aaaaahhhhh yisssssssss

she-ra-netflix-poster-408x600.jpg

Considering how well of a job Dreamworks did wit Voltron I am quite hyped.

(mods can someone please fix the title I got it wrong)

Last edited by a moderator:
Catra. What a masterfully written villain. The show communicates so well how her abandonment issues and inferiority complex led her on the path towards evil. Even though Catra becomes ever more villainous you just can't hate her. You feel sorry for her and wonder what might have been if she'd been raised in better circumstances. While writing this my thoughts go to Zuko of Avatar: The Last Airbender and what might have happened if he hadn't had uncle Iroh at his side. Catra is like Zuko without Iroh. I'm hoping that Catra's internal conflict will continue in future seasons so that she doesn't become a 2-dimensional villain.

Less relevant but watching Adora and Catra, both respectively and acting together, I had flashbacks to watching Clark Kent and Lex Luthor in Smallville. There are multiple likenesses between Adora/Clark and Catra/Lex though with the benefit that in She-Ra these developments happened over the course of one season rather than stretching over 5-7 seasons. This probably adds to why I feel so impressed with the writing of Catra's character. They gave her a Smallville-Lex-Luthor-esque treatment but they did it more convincingly and over a shorter time.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Finished watching season 1.

It was quite enjoyable and made me chuckle more than once. At the moment I don't have a lot to say other than it's competently made (outside of the opening, it's very underwhelming), I will write something more elaborate later, maybe.

Favourite character of the season: Entrapta

Overall I'd give it a B

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I've watched the first three episodes so far (my son approves, he didn't seem too keen on the original). I've still got mixed feelings TBH, I was telling my mom about the characters being redesigned and she actually rolled her eyes (she knew how much I loved She-Ra). I want to like Catra but she comes off as a poundshop version of Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo (EVEN THE TAIL). Glimmer's distrust got pretty tiresome. Bow threw me a bit, I was expecting shite and was pleasantly surprised. Not sure why all the main characters had to be y00f when they were distinctly older in the original ('cos war an' shit and it's still PG-rated). I'm having trouble not comparing it to the original which is kinda unfair I know but that was a chunk of my childhood, and it's not just She-Ra, it's loads of other reboots from the eighties that don't match up to the magick of the originals so I think I'm kinda braced for disappointment TBH. Also Swift Wind's animation needs to improve, it's like someone tried to draw a horse and got a dog (I'm not even kidding here, he looks like my damned greyhound).

tidus79

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Dragoon Knight
i'll start watching this reboot ,she-ra and masters...my childhood memories!

Top Bottom