Should ShinRa Technologies help develop the Remake?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I know this is out of the blue, but since ShinRa Technologies is owned by Square Enix and it's president is the former President of the Square Enix Company, but what do you guys think about this? I mean, sure, it's based in New York, but it's still Japanese, right?

And I thought that Cyberconnect-whatever company who helped developed G-Bike were invovled in the development of the Remake, but again, it's just me thinking since the rest of the original staff on the original game all left years ago.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
I thought that a fair amount of the original staff would be on the development of the remake.
Anyway, IMO, when a game has the scope of a AAA (FF7 remake, recent numbered FFs), many studios contribute and some assets are outsourced. For instance, Tri-Ace (which back in the days was developing Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, Resonance of Fate) is regularly solicited by Square to help the development of their games. Now that the breadth of Square has grown as a group, it wouldn't be surprising to see some contribution from United Front (Vancouver) or Eidos Montreal for a FF. Recent events showed that Square is really opening itself to the world (some leads of the development of FF XV aren't Japanese, for one thing), instead of limiting itself to Japan. IMO that's a sign of open-mindedness which I find positive. At the same time, I do not think this process is going to make Square lose its Japanese identity.

Top Bottom