Should they re-make FFVII?

Vossler

Voss da boss bitch
AKA
Nightmare,race driver,steel tormenter
I thought 7 was a great game. I think they should remake the game for technology's sake. With today's gaming systems, I think it would be cool.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I concur. I also think it would be nice to have one version of the game that was true to the original, but made more sense when considered with the Compilation as a whole.

I concur. I also think it would be nice to have one version of the game that was true to the original, but made more sense when considered with the Compilation as a whole.

For this reason, yes. Though the original has a huge, quirky charm, due in part to all the plotholes, inconsistencies, and unexplained wierdness, as well as the delightful graphics, that I fear might get lost in the 'improvements'.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Care to share why regarding such a well reasoned and thought out response? :monster:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Nope

EDIT: To be fair, the OP was just as well reasoned and thought out.

It would be cool with modern tech YO

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
...I.. wasn't talking to you. Wrong Weasley.

Now quit spamming. :@

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
VII has gotten so much attention, more than it deserves, so I kind of want to say no... but there's that part of me that says yes, also. It would be amazing to see what a re-make would look like. I'd love to be mesmerized by the graphics, instead of getting headaches from trying to figure out where I am... or WHAT I am.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I'll say yes just so I can see Cosmo Canyon, Gold Saucer and the not-yet-destroyed Slums in 1080 HD. You know, all the cool shit they could've put in AC but was not grey and boring enough to make the cut.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'll say yes just so I can see Cosmo Canyon, Gold Saucer and the not-yet-destroyed Slums in 1080 HD. You know, all the cool shit they could've put in AC but was not grey and boring enough to make the cut.

The shit in ACC was hardly grey or boring in 1080p HD at all :monster:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
The shit in ACC was hardly grey or boring in 1080p HD at all :monster:
True. But still wished they would've showed some more of the world, rather than just Edge/Midgar/Sleeping Forest.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I want to say no for the same reasons Tiff mention but I'll say yes just for the simple fact of seeying Cloud in a dress :awesome:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
With the Compilation adding so many new factors in the setting and characters, I think at this point it would be irresponsible not to.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Not really. Cool, but there are bigger priorities.

Yeah, like Final Fantasy MMVIII. Totally. After they get done with the current FF they're working on, I don't really see anything on the SE I'd have much interest in other than remaking FF7.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I don't really see anything on the SE I'd have much interest in other than remaking FF7.
The next dozen installments of Kingdom Hearts of course.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I wouldn't mind it, but I'd rather see a remake of FFVI to be honest. I mean, they've remade FFIV three times, why not do the same for FFVI?

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
I wouldn't mind it, but I'd rather see a remake of FFVI to be honest. I mean, they've remade FFIV three times, why not do the same for FFVI?

We'll probably see a FFV remake before VI's and VII's ones.

Up until now, S-E have been coherent in their remakes, first was I and II for Wonderswan, then III and IV for DS.

Following this logic, the next remake will be FFV's.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
But FFV wasn't even that great from what I played. :[ Goddamn it squeenix.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
You shut your mouth. FFV is one of the best in the damn series.

And when have they remade FFIV 3 times? It's only been remade once. Ports =/= remake.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
FFV was the second FF game I played (first was FFVII), and I have to say that I loved it, because the plot, the inside jokes
Faris FTW!
, the music score and
the many worlds you visit
. Also I met one of my favorite bad guys: Gilgamesh :D

This said:

girlpower90 said:
I'll say yes just for the simple fact of seeying Cloud in a dress :awesome:

^This.

Also, I think the old version has it's own charm. I loved the blockey characters (as strange as it might seems), and the cartoonish humor it used. But I'd love to see Wall Market in 1080p HD, as well as the Forgotten Capital or the Pagoda.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
In regards to the charm, I think this is part of the reason a remake would be welcome. Right now the original FFVII seems to stick out like a sore, but oddly fascinating thumb. It'd be nice to see the story of the original fit in with the rest of the Compilation. Obviously they'd keep the cross-dressing scene and all that, just present it in a new way, which I think would be interesting.

Also, I think they should remake FFVII so that they'll stop trying to milk it. Seal it off, close it up, move on to redoing other shit.
That implies that S-E will actually do this, which is up for debate.

I wouldn't mind waiting for FFV and FFVI to be remade first tbh.

Top Bottom