Shoutbox

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
No. This is now the third time someone's asked this, and we've said the same thing. A shoutbox is not going to raise activity. It's not going to attract new members, nor get current members to post more in the current forums.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Yeah, it's just an artificial way for people to dick around. If anything, any new features/stuff at this point should probably be about Final Fantasy.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
If anything, any new features/stuff at this point should probably be about Final Fantasy.
I like the amount of hard work and effort that been put into this. Really.

It's probably why TLS has seen such a huge boost in activity recently.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Man has a point. At this point it's all speculation, and if it does decrease activity, you can just remove it.

Then again, doing nothing at all always fixes every problem, right?

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I like the amount of hard work and effort that been put into this. Really.

It's probably why TLS has seen such a huge boost in activity recently.

You're absolutely right, and this is something the Staff is discussing as we speak.

Man has a point. At this point it's all speculation, and if it does decrease activity, you can just remove it.

Then again, doing nothing at all always fixes every problem, right?

At this point the effort that could be done doing that could, and should be effort we could be expending on something FF related. We can't take the 'try everything if it doesn't work get rid of it' angle for everything. We're starting to conclude that method wastes time.

Username

Banned
i was 1 of those that mako mentioned, at the time it was just an idea, now i have understood that these things are not good at all.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
You're absolutely right, and this is something the Staff is discussing as we speak.
Good man :awesome:

i was 1 of those that mako mentioned, at the time it was just an idea, now i have understood that these things are not good at all.
Wise words from a lesson learnt.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog

However, there are concerns of exactly how interested the present community is in Final Fantasy. If it turns out the majority of the community here is more interested in dicking around in Chit Chat than anything Final Fantasy we bring to the table, I can't guarantee site policy won't shift away from 'you guys' and towards the people we hope (and will) to bring in.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
I'm sure I'll cope. It may be difficult, but by God I'll soldier on :monster:

Username

Banned
If it turns out the majority of the community here is more interested in dicking around in Chit Chat than anything Final Fantasy we bring to the table.

The amount of 'people viewing' the compilation and FF stuff far outweighs any other stuff, i have noticed this has been going on for months, years even, so i doubt that would be the case.

sheens

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sheens, Mooglet
The fact that people actually have a rl outside of Final Fantasy really is baffling.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Yes, but the amount of people actually posting in the non FF related stuff beats all of the FF forums put together. It's not a baseless concern, we are trying to get more FF minded people on board.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
However, there are concerns of exactly how interested the present community is in Final Fantasy. If it turns out the majority of the community here is more interested in dicking around in Chit Chat than anything Final Fantasy we bring to the table, I can't guarantee site policy won't shift away from 'you guys' and towards the people we hope (and will) to bring in.
So what you're saying is that if that's the case, you're going to alienate the majority of the forum in order to please the people who may or may not join?

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
So what you're saying is that if that's the case, you're going to alienate the majority of the forum in order to please the people who may or may not join?

No, I nor the other Staff want to straight up dick anyone.

But the site is about Final Fantasy, and that is our top priority.

sheens

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sheens, Mooglet
Well Ireland is Irish, but we speak English. So it's like saying -- 'Right, I know you guys speak English, and have done for so long but the Irish community is now in charge and you must all speak Gaelic.' It's not very democratic rly. Best example of the top of my head. :monster:

To be honest it sounds like it's going Nazi. :(

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
By that logic, this forum should probably just become a GC forum, or hell...a Naruto forum, if a majority of members come here and somehow start becoming interested in Naruto.

Bullpies. This forum has set parameters, a goal, and topic that the owners and staff want to keep it in line with. It's not a ship that just drifts wherever the winds take it.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Well Ireland is Irish, but we speak English. So it's like saying -- 'Right, I know you guys speak English, and have done for so long but the Irish community is now in charge and you must all speak Gaelic.' It's not very democratic rly.

To be honest it sounds like it's going Nazi.

Like I said, the site is about Final Fantasy. It always has been, and we would like it to always will be. At least, at the present moment we would like it to be about FF. How is it Nazi to naturally shift towards what the site is about?

Also that example is terrible.

sheens

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sheens, Mooglet
It really is, but makes sense because no matter how nicely this will be done, people will feel alienated anyways. :monster:

And I think it's safe to say it wont become a Naruto forum. :)

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
It really is, but makes sense because no matter how nicely this will be done, people will feel alienated anyways.

Sometimes there's really no way around alienating someone. That's life sometimes. I mean realistically, we would want to work towards, shift, and cater to what the site's goals and audience are. In this case, it's Final Fantasy. Everything is welcome, but our top priority is Final Fantasy. Most other stuff comes second.

Username

Banned
Just as long as things don't start getting more strict or even taken away in other sections that apparently 'more people' visit and post, just to save the highlight (FF) section of the site.

Top Bottom