Simon Stålenhag's Tales From The Loop – Amazon Series

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I've helped to kickstart some of his books, and I'm just beyond myself with excitement at this news: https://io9.gizmodo.com/amazon-is-turning-simon-stalenhags-tales-from-the-loop-1827663676

simon_stacc8alenhag_akersnuten-e1467986895978.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

X:neo:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
A few days ago, they launched Tales from The Flood – the expansion to the Tales from The Loop Pen & Paper RPG. While they've been promoting stuff for the campaign, they did an interview with io9 where they talked about the Tales from The Loop Amazon series:

Free League Publishing’s Tomas Härenstam, one of the company’s four founders, told io9 that he and his team knew Stålenhag had been negotiating with a studio for a few years to adapt Tales From The Loop into a show. They were thrilled when they learned that not only had it been picked up, but that Amazon Studios was taking the project on. Although so far there haven’t been talks between the publisher and Amazon about including specific parts of role-playing game’s world, storyline, or characters, Härenstam said they’re open to working with the studio.

“It’s interesting with an RPG. It fleshes out the world. The art books, of course, they immerse you in the world, but the RPG gives you some more concrete information. That’s been the case in the past as well,” Härenstam said, citing 1987's Star Wars: The Role-Playing Game as an example of world-building, given how that game helped shape the old Expanded Universe.

rwqiuw1uowzbxxrhrkj0.jpg

When asked what he would like to see from the Amazon series, Härenstam said he mostly hopes it stays “true to the vision” that Stålenhag originally created—something the role-playing game has tried to do as well. Originally, he didn’t say he had any specific storylines or creatures in mind, but then pointed out his personal favorite: the Vagabonds. These are refugee robots from a Russian program that are known for dressing in bright colors and wandering around in the flooded woods. And they happen to hail from Things From the Flood, the series the publisher is tackling next.

Via: https://io9.gizmodo.com/tales-from-the-loops-publisher-discusses-the-new-90s-ex-1829038792

X :neo:

Top Bottom