• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

SLFFVII - Graphical RP/MMO in Second Life.

SLFFVII

FFVII RP in Second Life
AKA
Floyd Gilmour
Hey, my name is Floyd and I am the manager of SLFFVII, a graphical Final Fantasy VII with MMO elements built in Second Life. We have been established for 9 years now, and are big fans of this website, we practically use it as a bible and figured we should show our work off here.

Our website is http://www.SLFFVII.com and our site has a gallery showing off many of our locations and players/characters. Our community also features a fully scripted and working combat system with Materia spells.

We are always seeking new players, and volunteer contributors such as 3D modellers and texture artists.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Wow that is really awesome!!!! I actually squeed when looking at your slideshow. You guys have a put a lot of work into that!!!!

SLFFVII

FFVII RP in Second Life
AKA
Floyd Gilmour
Thank you! Like I said, we have been open 9 years, so a lot of work has gone into it over the years. Its really something to look at, and since we are in Second Life we are going to be Oculus Rift compatible. Can't wait to walk around some of these Midgar locations in VR.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Welcome aboard

This stuff looks awesome. You guys should have worked on Crisis Core, maybe the slums wouldn't have looked so souless as they did :monster:

SLFFVII

FFVII RP in Second Life
AKA
Floyd Gilmour
The slums in Crisis Core were so barren, it's sad. Sector 8 upper plate was beautiful in CC, but the slums had no love at all.

Greatly enjoyed the slideshow. The environments, both the 2D and 3D elements, were a joy to see and the diversity of the character models were enjoyable. I really wish that the FFVII titles were better at showing grunts and SOLDIER with varying body- and weapon types. The official FFVII franchise could use with some of the implied depth seen here. ("Makology" should totally be an official term).

Thanks for sharing. *thumbs up*

SLFFVII

FFVII RP in Second Life
AKA
Floyd Gilmour
Greatly enjoyed the slideshow. The environments, both the 2D and 3D elements, were a joy to see and the diversity of the character models were enjoyable. I really wish that the FFVII titles were better at showing grunts and SOLDIER with varying body- and weapon types. The official FFVII franchise could use with some of the implied depth seen here. ("Makology" should totally be an official term).

Thanks for sharing. *thumbs up*

Thank you. I think we do have a lot of depth, we have had 9 years of developing this into a living world, we have had to develop the world far beyond what is seen in the canon.

We previously used to have a very large city of Junon, I will have to dig up some old screenshots, since it closed down we no longer feature it on the website, but that was VERY impressive to look at. It costs $300 a month to keep a Second Life simulator open, and aren't our height we could sustain 2 simulators, sadly that isn't the case at the moment, but our finances are still strong enough that we have no worries about Midgar closing anytime within the next few years.

Lex

Administrator
I'm so surprised I didn't know this existed until now, very impressive. Is the site fairly new?

SLFFVII

FFVII RP in Second Life
AKA
Floyd Gilmour
This site is new, but we have had previous sites, we have actually had websites and forums since we opened in 2007, but we recently migrated to a new forum and redesigned the website.

We were briefly featured on quite a few game blogs like Destructoid, Engadget and Gaygamer in 2007, so this isn't our first splash on the internet, infact google image searches for Midgar tend to bring up a few pictures of our sim, moreso before the screenshots of the remake flooded the search anyway.

I figured with our new site looking pretty impressive we should start getting ourselves out there and showing off a bit, and like I said, as we are massive fans of this site I figured I would show off here. I actually sent an email recently to this sites gmail enquiring about the possibility of being linked to as an affiliate.

Anyway, if anyone here has a Second Life account or wants to make one, I will be more than happy to give anyone here a tour. We should hopefully have some machinima style Youtube clips being produced soon too, like this one here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhPSkKEUtPc

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
The Music alone on your website was enough of a bait for me.:lol:

Square should take some notes from you guys.

SLFFVII

FFVII RP in Second Life
AKA
Floyd Gilmour
I wish I could take credit for the music! Its from the MATERIA Collective, and the album is absolutely fantastic. The link to buy it is under the music player on the site.

I trust Square to do the remake right, I will leave the professionals to it. I don't have the time to commit to working with game developers on top of my job, my family time and the time I have to put into this project, xD.

Lex

Administrator
We'd be happy to give you a mention, but we're actually in the middle of a redesign ourselves so we'll be sorting out affiliates etc. after that's complete (shouldn't take us too much longer really tbf, we just need to buck up a bit :D).

SLFFVII

FFVII RP in Second Life
AKA
Floyd Gilmour
We'd be happy to give you a mention, but we're actually in the middle of a redesign ourselves so we'll be sorting out affiliates etc. after that's complete (shouldn't take us too much longer really tbf, we just need to buck up a bit :D).

I know what that is like, took me months to finally get onto making my new website. Kept procrastinating.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Bump for this being featured on Kotaku for its Christmas-decorated Midgar.

ttsspjqbtytbsu8esqha.jpg

Though the author ends the article with the following:
I just hope the residents of the Sector 7 slums never catch wind of the celebration going on topside. They’d be crushed.

eqy4efip72oaeioeoirg.gif

Top Bottom