Smilie Overhaul Thread

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I'm making a new thread to try and bring attention to the smilie issue in a few ways:

1. By reference of this thread, the suggestion of some new smilies

2. By reference of this thread, the removal of some old smilies

3. And by reference of this thread, the totalitarian assimilation of some smilies to match the TLS colouring scheme.

Because either some people don't see it, don't care, or hardly use any smilies outside of :wacky: and :monster:

:cloudball::aeriball::sephball::renoball::tifaball:zackball::rudeball:

Were these ever used other than the one time someone made them?

:mightyshield::thor::capmon:

We have stationary and then moving forms of some of the same costume mon emotes...

:trainermon:

I didn't know we have this but I'm gonna use it :monster:

:twiddlequeen::telly::snuffy::slimey::prairiedawn2::littlebird::twiddlebug: :sully::slimey2::rosita::kingston::bettylou::bigbird::elmo::elmo3: :franklin::honker: :kermit2::herry::ernie::elmo2::monster2::biff::bert: :babybear::barkley::bettylou::bigbird:

Do we really need aaaaalllll of these when no one gives a crap? Oscar since he is used but otherwise... :monster:

:birthday::Google::keeblermonster:

A lot of the birthday emotes/gifs we end up googling for people anyway to try and be more personable but still left a couple after that :monster:

:deal::facepalm3::facepalm5::facepalm4:

We have the Cloud Deal with it now.. and do we need so many facepalms? There's still so many others after that, that are used :monster:

:wesley::wreckit::starkpleased::lovegoods: :whyyoudothis::griffinsvomit::mog:

..I don't... I just don't know.

On the other hand, I want to suggest some other emoticons :monster:

YHn2MkO.png
= lol

aww_meme_crying_face_by_gf46-d8z3634.png
= socute

rainbow_face_2.png
= rainbow

11.png
= crying

i_lied.png
= ilied

table.png
= table

motherofgod.png
= motherofgod

godwhy.png
= godwhy

so_slow.png
= soclose

yeeees.png
= watudidthar

19.png
= watchout

chanface.png
= jackie

pokerface.png
= poker

youdontsay.png
= cage

oh_crap.png
= ohno

And yet I'm still a firm believer in the original smilies and the below could maybe be considered if taken under the tls colourscheme... and if there's any interest shown in them at all. :monster:

4AhSwDN.gif
= yay

highfive.gif
= high5

tighthug.gif
= tighthug

QQAe8pC.gif
= ninja

ZfVk8nR.png
= tehe

9jSVkG7.gif
= monocle

9qeCPAV.png
= hmmm

EPtLhFY.png
= suspect

VeWxJo5.png
= erhmegerd

BLkdldd.png
= nooo

4CGFQof.png
= hmph

d6Teuqu.gif
= orly

2uqrMFh.png
= girlmon

UNqTBQN.gif
= flare .....just beacause :monster:

deadpool_icon_by_goldennove-d9u06cn.gif
= deadpool .....also just beacause :wacky:

Discuss :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Whenever this purge finally happens, I'm not sure what channy's going to do with herself :monster:

Anyway, to reiterate what I said in the other thread - I have no problems with any of her suggestions for purging outside of the facepalms, for which I enjoy having such a diverse selection :monster: I've been in favor of giving the boot to the super long rage one all along.

I don't really have any affection for raegfaces, but don't really care either way on those.

Also, we already have the tighthug one. :loveglomp:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I'd rather we keep :cloudball::aeriball::sephball::renoball::tifaball:zackball::rudeball: for the time being IVE GONE ALL PINK

Just because IIRC Danseru-Kun made them and she isn't here right now and I'd feel bad just junking them. Plus they are FFVII themed so they're still relevant and they're only teeny weeny.

Other than that, I don't really have strong feelings one way or the other, though it is kind of annoying when you're having to wade through a load of big images/wait for them to load.

EDIT: Also I like:

motherofgod.png

It's one of my favourites, but it's kind of too small to see the text I think. Is there a bigger version?

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Whenever this purge finally happens, I'm not sure what channy's going to do with herself :monster:

I'll need a new forum project; this has all my eggs in the basket at the momemt :wacky:

Anyway, to reiterate what I said in the other thread - I have no problems with any of her suggestions for purging outside of the facepalms, for which I enjoy having such a diverse selection :monster: I've been in favor of giving the boot to the super long rage one all along.

But there's a diverse selection and there's some that are never used :wacky:

Also, we already have the tighthug one. :loveglomp:

Oh I never saw it, thanks :loveglomp: :monster:

I'd rather we keep :cloudball::aeriball::sephball::renoball::tifaball:zackball::rudeball: for the time being IVE GONE ALL PINK

Just because IIRC Danseru-Kun made them and she isn't here right now and I'd feel bad just junking them. Plus they are FFVII themed so they're still relevant and they're only teeny weeny.

Other than that, I don't really have strong feelings one way or the other, though it is kind of annoying when you're having to wade through a load of big images/wait for them to load.

Aha, yeah okay not sure where the VII ones came from---I'VE ALSO GONE....what is this, brown?-- just hadn't seen much use outta them for the last year, but that could change with the remake and such.

The larger ones definitely take longer to load and are the main ones I (personally) take issue with, but depends on how vetoing goes on that too. I could nominate a heckuva lot more.

EDIT: Also I like:
motherofgod.png

It's one of my favourites, but it's kind of too small to see the text I think. Is there a bigger version?

Hrmm.. for uniformity sake (to appease the OCD in me) I'd say keep it the same size but here's a white background where you can see the text betterish

mother%20of%20god.gif

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Your two lambs for the slaughter were appreciated, Force :wacky:

But I was thinking more
:facepalm3::facepalm4::facepalm2:
:monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
We should get Yop or somebody to run a script that dates the last usage of every smilie, and gives the number of uses each one has had. Then we know, mathematically, which ones should be axed.

Or not because that might be too ridiculous. :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It would interesting enough to see. Although I don't think the sole basis for deletion should be if it hasn't been used x number of times over y time frame.

I feel like Aaron has done something similar in the past. (Although, as I recall, he was always the most dedicated supporter of the huge rage one so...:monster:)

ForceStealer

Double Growth
We have a discussion about it once a year, I poo-poo it, it still carries on for a bit, then people lose interest because only channy gives a shit :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
UNqTBQN.gif
= flare .....just beacause :monster:

Because why? :wacky: Is this your mental image of me? An adorable blushing monkey with a flower in her hair? :monster:

Anyways I think I've only seen maaaaaaybe half of the smilies in the smilie list used, in the 9 months I've been a member. It is quite a huge list and it's a pain to try and load them up on my iPad especially. :wacky: In other words I wouldn't mind seeing some of them go. Spring cleaning and all, right? :monster:

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
I agree that some of the bigger ones are perhaps a bit much. I think we could probably do with removing all of the larger pictures and gifs (the facepalms too, sorry Force:cuppa:). Thing is, nothing we remove will stop existing on the net, so when that one day every two years comes when we feel like using that picture, we can google it. So I wouldn't mind cutting nearly all the larger ones. I don't actually mind them myself, but they do drag one's browser quite a bit, and I can't even imagine what it must be like for mobile users.

I do want to keep Danseru's though.http://thelifestream.net//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I used to want a smaller smiley list. Now I've stopped caring. :P

I guess it would still be nice, but I cba to nominate anything for deletion. The only ones I ever use are the basic :)/:(/:lol:/etc., :monster:, :awesomonster:, :closedmonster: and occasionally :sickmonster:.

P.S. A "last used" script would return a lot of smiley uses in this thread.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I like the big rage smiley. If it gets removed, we should have a retired smileys thread for those who still want to use it. That way it's still around without making the smiley page such a pain to load. The little character smileys should stay. They make nice icons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom