So is Sephiroth the strongest dude in FF7 or what

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Or just the one with the strongest will?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=197341&topic=51121043

From VinCon1

1. Sephiroth is never actually stated as being the strongest being in FFVII. He's only stated as being stronger than Cloud (Which certainly puts him up there, given that most people on a First Class SOLDIER level are above pretty much everything but certain monsters, such as WEAPON), and being the strongest SOLDIER during his days in SOLDIER. They did state that his "will and existence" is unsurpassed, but again, that's referring to his willpower...Which is obviously unsurpassed, considering the crap he's pulled off with it (Dominating a being that seems to be more of a virus than anything, resisting the flow of the Lifestream, creating multiple avatars of his spirit, restraining Holy, etc, etc).

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's as VinCon stated. I think there was a discussion about this before with curiousACfan. Sephiroth is definitely the strongest SOLDIER, and one of the strongest people ever, but they never said "ZOMG SEPHIROTH IS THE STRONGEST PERSON IN T3H WORLD!!!!!11"

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
People say he is the strongest, because Square said that "there is nothing stronger, nothing above him" in the same sentence they said "will and existence". And because they stated "nothing above him" instead of "nothing above it", people assume they are talking about the character's existence too, not only his will.

Personally, everytime I look at Omega Weapon in the FMV where it uses the world's Lifestream to form itself, above Midgar, I can't stop thinking "Come on Square, Sephiroth cannot be stronger than this thing!"

Personally, everytime I look at Omega Weapon in the FMV where it uses the world's Lifestream to form itself, above Midgar, I can't stop thinking "Come on Square, Sephiroth cannot be stronger than this thing!"

I agree with this. Even Seph would have a hard time (if he could) beating it.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I want to see the FF7 Compilation introduce a villain that is universally understood and officially stated to be able to curbstomp Sephiroth's ass.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I want to see the FF7 Compilation introduce a villain that is universally understood and officially stated to be able to curbstomp Sephiroth's ass.
Yeah FF7 already has one of these. It's called Cloud and has roundly curbstomped the shit out of Sephiroth.

4 or 5 Omega Weapons my ass.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think it's obvious Genesis is stronger than Sephiroth by a significant margin.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Current Genesis? How so?

SOLDIER 1st Class Genesis at the beginning of the story curb stomped Sephirtoh several times. He's clearly more powerful.

edit: wait was that a joke

Awesomeweb20.png

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I think the real question here is:

Is Sephiroth more powerful than the Mako Cannon?

I would like to see Genesis Avatar vs. Bizarro Sephiroth in terms of raw power.

X :neo:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time

They have a hero like that already, his name is Cloud. After more than ten years, he hasn't lost yet. KH, KH2, AC, Nibelheim, end of FF7, twice in Dissidia, Cloud's got a perfect game going.

Dartz.jpg

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think the real question is, whether or Sephiroth is an atheist.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
They have a hero like that already, his name is Cloud. After more than ten years, he hasn't lost yet. KH, KH2, AC, Nibelheim, end of FF7, twice in Dissidia, Cloud's got a perfect game going.

yeah but thats boring

i want to see someone else besides cloud (a villain) be able to do it

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer

Dartz.jpg

I snuck this joke in before you dude :monster:

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad

Dartz.jpg

I wouldn't count KH or KH2 seeing as they aren't canon to FF in any way shape or form, they just have lots of cameos.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Naw, I see his point. Let's just keep it to Final Fantasy.

Sephiroth's still getting curbstomped. :awesome:

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Yeah, Sephiroth does kinda suck when it comes to Cloud, I'll admit that.

Still, lets look at some of his victories. He beat Firion in Dissidia. He destroyed Ifrit. He defeated Zack. Took Tseng out beofre the guy knew he was being attacked.

Elfe managed to get away from him, but he didn't exactly try that hard to chase her, so I'll call that a draw. Angeal interfered in his fight with Genesis, so that ones unresolved. Butchered the Midgar Zolom.

And lets be fair to Sephiroth, Cloud probably would have lost in ACC if Zack hadn't paused the fight to ive his little speech (Which gave Cloud a second to get back on his feet)

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Sephiroth's a bully. He stole a guy's rose, for Christ's sake. That's something to be proud of?!

Zack I'll give him credit for. Ifrit however was never really that powerful of a summon compared to the likes of Bahamut or Alexander. And what the hell is Tseng gonna do? Stalk you to death?

The butchering of the Midgar Zolom however still sends chills down my back. And in Before Crisis, we see Sephiroth having massacred some innocent Behemoth before being called in to Junon to supress AVALANCHE.

And Zack didn't freeze time, dude. That was all in Cloud's head. That all happened in real time in Cloud's white space, which is his heart.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
And I give Firion mad props but he never struck me as someone who is superhumanly strong (at least relative to the other FF characters) by himself.

Top Bottom