So, what about unlockable characters?

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Well now that they've pretty much named the main lineup, have they said anything about if they'll include secret characters to unlock?

I'd love it if you were able to get extras like say Auron or Tifa (or Yuffie even tho I'm just wishful thinking there...), plus unlockables would add even more replay value to them game.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Some other thread made note that the final amount of characters has been announced (22), and I think we're all assuming that includes bonus characters - but who knows?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The secret characters you can unlock are Shantotto from FFXI, and another character we don't know, who probably is from FFXII.

However, that's about it. There doesn't seem to be any others. Which makes sense considering how much is on the game already, and the balance that is established. The heroes side and the villains side is supposed to be equal. It's very unlikely we'd get other random secondary main characters from FF. This game is essentially made for the main star characters, and the main star villains of each FF installment from FF1 to FFXII.

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
Just a minor note - technically, the villains are unlockable characters since you can't play them from the start. You have to earn 500 PP from fighting battles in order to unlock one of them. So 5000 PP in all for all the villains which will probably take a while.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well since the OP asked about "secret" characters...I only included the less known ones since the villains aren't really that big of a secret, despite being unlockable :monster:

But yeah, players will have a helluva time unlocking the villains.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
The other character is Cid Highwind, when you unlock him you get a zoom in scene of him whipping out his spear in circles, and he says "You've unlocked, Cid Highwind. So shut up and drink your &()&^(&*)(& tea." :) xD haha.

But uh...this is all rumored of course *coughs*

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=65.msg628#msg628 date=1228426054]
The secret characters you can unlock are Shantotto from FFXI, and another character we don't know, who probably is from FFXII.[/quote]
Not knowing anything about FFXI, could someone tell me about this Shantotto?

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=65.msg628#msg628 date=1228426054]
The secret characters you can unlock are Shantotto from FFXI, and another character we don't know, who probably is from FFXII.

However, that's about it. There doesn't seem to be any others. Which makes sense considering how much is on the game already, and the balance that is established. The heroes side and the villains side is supposed to be equal. It's very unlikely we'd get other random secondary main characters from FF. This game is essentially made for the main star characters, and the main star villains of each FF installment from FF1 to FFXII.
[/quote]

Well you do make a good point there, seems like they do have enough characters in already....ah well, now they need to make a Dissidia 2 for the secondary main characters! XD

[quote author=Purple link=topic=65.msg680#msg680 date=1228463947]
I really hope Balthier is unlockable. We need guns in this game :neo:
[/quote]And wit, and more sexy (though Sephy's trying, I know), and more pirates...

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Pirates? Pssh, ninja's ftw.

(Speaking of, I didn't really consider FFXII to be very pirate-y, not enough 'yarrs', booty, peglegs, pirate songs and rum.)

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
I think instead of adding a bunch of extra characters (for more than on reason considering the disc space of the UMD) they decided to put different costumes in for characters which may actually add different attacks or feels (like Clouds Advent Children one)

Im going to guess if a Dissidia 2 comes out it will be for the next PSP OR on a console.

Purple

Charmed
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=65.msg741#msg741 date=1228504843]

(Speaking of, I didn't really consider FFXII to be very pirate-y, not enough 'yarrs', booty, peglegs, pirate songs and rum.)
[/quote]

Me too. But Balthier is a sky pirate, quite different from the ones at sea. ;)

[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=65.msg741#msg741 date=1228504843]

[/quote]You, good sir, didn't play enough with Fran, did you?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Righty, nevermind that one then :monster:.

The point still stands though, Fran didn't do any 'yarrs' either, just a very irritating non-accent.

I thought it was funny how they kept going back and forth with whether they were pirating or not.
Yes, we steal things that aren't ours.
But sky pirates just ship things.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
They called them sky pirates because calling them smugglers would have made the Balth Solo thing way, way too obvious.

And I want Tifa, Laguna, and Gilgamesh. Other people too, perhaps, but those are my big three.

Oh, and Rosa. I want an archer sniping people. And I want her now.

[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=65.msg1000#msg1000 date=1228632467]
They called them sky pirates because calling them smugglers would have made the Balth Solo thing way, way too obvious.
[/quote]
And flying around in a ship with a non-human humanoid companion who talks funny didn't? :monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
As is, it's only way too obvious, as opposed to way, way too obvious.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I'd love to see a Faris or a Daryl that's unlockable. I'm not imagining that's ever gonna happen, but I'd like it anyways. xD

Top Bottom