• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
I don't think anyone who still obsesses over a 15 year old love triangle (that will probably be rewritten in a remake anyways) is allowed to say "moving on" in a argument.
You know, this reminds me of the mind-boggling troofax about the Clerith relationship:

1. Aerith has "moved on" from Zack, who is dead.

- This argument is very often used. It's really okay and normal for a girl to move on from her dead boyfriend, who promised to come back to her (even killed himself for it), after waiting for years. Oh, it's totally a sign of her moving on, you know, with her wearing the pink dress for that next date, and that ribbon her dead boyfriend got her.

Also, she's totally gotten over him, since the whole reason she was initially attracted to Cloud was because he acted like her old boyfriend.

...wait. :huh:

2. Cloud can't "move on" from Aerith, who is dead.

- This is the whole premise of the pairing. Aerith didn't even promise anything to Cloud, but Cloud can't seem to move on. But it's okay, because they're the future.

Wait, but Aerith's dead? So... being dead means there's a future for the couple?

So... Aerith and Zack are more compatible in having a future, because they're both dead? :huh:

2. Cloud has "moved on" from Tifa (who isn't even dead) and their promise.

- Because Cloud and Tifa are both alive, there is no future for their relationship. It's totally okay to ship Cloud with the dead person. It's more logical, really.

Cloud is also very forgetful. So this is why this promise with Tifa keeps popping up in reference to Cloud's actions in almost every other compilation title, because he totally forgot all about it. He moved on.

I'm starting to get it! :monster:

4. Cloud/Tifa and Zack/Aerith are in the past.

- I see now. :awesome:

So... umm, past relationships don't matter. Obviously, til death do they part. Zack is dead, therefore no Zerith. But Aerith is dead, which means her and Cloud's love is eternal. Moving on is no option here.

But, we have to consider the fact that everyone's allowed a second chance. Cloud is Aerith's second chance. From Zack. And Tifa is sadkjhfsdkjhdsnnfdskfdskjfsdkjfdskljdfskdjfjkkjdfldsfjkdlsajlkdjsljdasl;jkfldja;j

Never mind that, it's all starting to make sense! :awesome:
What the sh1t, I can't even begin to explain how confused I am right now!

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I disagree that wearing something of an ex necessarily indicates an undying desire for them, tbh. People sometimes keep things from exes out a purely self-serving reason, not based on sentimentality with the ex.

Also, since it's a video game, well, she's stuck wearing the same shit over and over. :P

*waits to be attacked by rabid Cloti fans*

That said, the fact that she's going after Cloud, who's undeniably so similar to Zack, tells me that she's still harboring very serious unresolved feelings for Zack. Though each person has a template for a lover, if the template is pratically the same then there's underlying issues.

*waits to be attacked by rabid Clerith fans*

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Also, since it's a video game, well, she's stuck wearing the same shit over and over. :P

*waits to be attacked by rabid Cloti fans*
Though in CC Zack asks her to wear pink for their next date, which was completely unnecessary for the game. :awesome:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Interesting point. I'll admit I never finished CC, so I probably never got a chance to see that scene, so that does actually make sense. If you're wearing something specifically because of who gave it to you, or what relation it has to the one you had feelings for, well, then, yeah, it's a big sign of deep, unresolved feelings.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
That kinda proves my point there, man, haha.

You not knowing math and me calling you on it doesn't prove your point, aside from the fact that I recall the release date of FF7.

I seriously can't wait for the remake to just add like 10 lines of dialogue that throw the fanboys/girls/blobs into 300-post debates for another 20 years.

I wonder if Nojima ever browses english FF sites and laughs...

You mean throw half into a tizzy and the sane half into snark.

I doubt english, but JP, sure.

Vendel

Banned
NOT IN MY HEART SHE ISN'T!

*is a 30 year old virgin*

*lives vicariously through 15 year old stories*

*spends too much time on 4chan*

Don't post while on the rag.

Edit: And Que. Its from the FFVII 10th Anniversary Ult. AC Playback. (revised edition)

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I'm disappointed there is no Sephiroth option. Poll phail.
I will not vote until this wrong is righted.
out. Maybe things would have gone well with Aerith, but I think there is a great burden from Aerith.
LMAO. I love how he speaks of C/A in completely hypothetical terms. As in, it hasn't happened. :lol:

So he's basically saying that people may wonder if C/A could have worked out if they were in a relationship (like Cee and Tee's), and at the same time tries to offer reasons why he thinks it may not have worked out either.

Hi there C/A being relegated to the realms of fanon AGAIN!
Although this is more blatant so props there. Nojima's always more upfront about these things. I think he secretly reads these discussions and wants to smack the Clerii.

Blue

Rookie Adventurer
Aww I missed the opening of epic thread of epicness.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/vilaeth_0/acplayback.jpg
Where is this from again? I posted it... somewhere....

Actually, if you give me a day or so I can probably get it translated for you...

But from a quick glance:

DVD&UMD chapter 19

THIS/THAT IS CLOUD'S ___

Cloud has disappeared.
"...oh no"
It is the pitying?
It is here once again.
There is no ___
Tifa and Marlene and Denzel are a home
There is ____ the children
___ things...could do...and then...mother...on its own...to Cloud...___
Cloud could...___
Cloud no longer feels he ____
and so he goes/wants to go to a ____ place"

I have no idea what Kanji is being used so I couldn't get several words, sorry. But it seems to be some sort of synopsis that talks about Tifa and why he can't get close, for what it's worth.

Is it some sort of DVD booklet?

Vendel

Banned
Actually, if you give me a day or so I can probably get it translated for you...

I have no idea what Kanji is being used so I couldn't get several words, sorry. But it seems to be some sort of synopsis that talks about Tifa and why he can't get close, for what it's worth.

It's been translated already. On this site. And I just said where it is from.

And your synopsis is completely wrong BTW.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves

Is it some sort of DVD booklet?
Please don't make me hit you.

also
Tifa and Marlene and Denzel are a home
What the fuck does that mean?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think people might be misreading this/I wasn't very clear. I think the burden from Aerith refers to the fact that she's dead and Cloud makes an emu farm over it. I think the hypothetical ended at the first part "maybe thing would have..." and the second is talking about how it is now.

LOL so Nojima's a snarky bastard. Of course Aerith being dead would be a burden on the relationship. Cloud's not a necrophiliac. Being dead can make intimacy rather difficult. :monster:

Not really, as it wasn't past tense. I assumed he meant he wasn't going to start talking about his views on love/marriage/family in this interview.

Although I did really intend to put 'go on about' (as in talk about) there :awesome:

Ahh okay. So it's definitely clearly that Nojima injected his feelings of love/marriage/family regarding Cloud and Tifa, right?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I don't really intend to go about my views on love or marriage or family (laughs). After ACC, I guess Denzel and Marlene could help them work it out. Maybe things would have gone well with Aerith, but I think there is a great burden from Aerith
Shit, see what I missed today? That's just fricken amazing....
Has the whole thing been translated yet? I'm guessing no.

you know the Cleriths are going to jump on this though as proof that Cloud and Tifa can't work it out on their own :monster:
Fuck, I might ask my friend to translate this when I get home if Hito is busy. She's totally non bias as well so we don't have to worry about that.

Last edited:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Being dead can make intimacy rather difficult. :monster:

Mako is not know nothing. You can intimate with proper tools, flowers, and spirit.

About Nojima... I just remembered something. Wasn't it Nomura who changed that original scenerio about the love triangle relationship parallel thingamabobilulu in KH2? What scenario was this that he changed? I kind of remember someone saying Nomura did it because Nojima made it too obvious.

Isabella

Your Mom
you know the Cleriths are going to jump on this though as proof that Cloud and Tifa can't work it out on their own

Doesn't matter. I don't think anyone expects them to like or admire C/T's relationship. We'd just like to see them acknowledge that they're in one. It's a bit hard to deny with a quote like that.

A

Great Old One
you know the Cleriths are going to jump on this though as proof that Cloud and Tifa can't work it out on their own
/clerith point of view/

He says, I think. He's not really stating it as the truth, he's just giving his thoughts on it. Ergo, it doesn't count.

About Nojima... I just remembered something. Wasn't it Nomura who changed that original scenerio about the love triangle relationship parallel thingamabobilulu in KH2? What scenario was this that he changed? I kind of remember someone saying Nomura did it because Nojima made it too obvious.
Nomura wanted the fans to put together the pieces. It's not too hard though.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Shit, see what I missed today? That's just fricken amazing....
Has the whole thing been translated yet? I'm guessing no.

you know the Cleriths are going to jump on this though as proof that Cloud and Tifa can't work it out on their own :monster:
Fuck, I might ask my friend to translate this when I get home if Hito is busy. She's totally non bias as well so we don't have to worry about that.

If they do that though, they automatically support the premise Nojima is speaking from that says Cloud and Tifa are together though. The premise is them being in a relationship. So yeah, they'd end up shooting their own foot off. :monster:

Also, the fact they speak of Aerith as a hypothetical is rather telling.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Doesn't matter. I don't think anyone expects them to like or admire C/T's relationship. We'd just like to see them acknowledge that they're in one. It's a bit hard to deny with a quote like that.
Eh I don't see it happening :monster:

I posted the interview on CxA and said "There's something in there about how it might have worked better with Aerith or something..." so I'm sure their translators will jump on it. So we should get A translation of sorts soon :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
They're twisting the words though. And the fact they speak of it as a hypothetical regarding Aerith shows they were never in a relationship at all, and currently not in one now.

Furthermore, if they try to attack Cloud and Tifa that way...they've just automatically spoken about them in terms of being in a relationship. There's no way to ignore that.

A's prediction also is a good one. That's something I definitely see them retorting with. Cleriths would try to undercut it as Nojima's "thoughts" but it was his "thoughts" that he wrote in the story. His thoughts are the basis of the story, so that doesn't really make sense.

Isabella

Your Mom
I've seen Cleriths argue before that CoT is an argument for why a C/T relationship could never work. Which is funny, because in order for that to be the case you'd have to acknowledge they're actually in one.

A

Great Old One
A's prediction also is a good one. That's something I definitely see them retorting with. Cleriths would try to undercut it as Nojima's "thoughts" but it was his "thoughts" that he wrote in the story. His thoughts are the basis of the story, so that doesn't really make sense.

Or they can just say that Nojima has always been a biased Cloti.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Nomura wanted the fans to put together the pieces. It's not too hard though.
Well, yeah. He's been doing that since the dawn of time. Trolling the fans.

What I mean is, what were those scenarios exactly? D; Is it just the Tifa is light thing?

Or they can just say that Nojima has always been a biased Cloti.

And Nomura.

Probably Cloud and Tifa too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom