So what's this 'friends' thing about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
You know, the functionality to add friends? What's it for? I've tried to add 'friends' but either they turn me down or it doesn't work. Can someone explain this function to me?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
They have to add you back for it to go through. But when they do, you can see a list of who's on your friends list, can see when they're on and have been on, etc.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
It's just like myspace or facebook. It just makes it easier to find a friend's account if you want to PM them or leave a VM.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
It's a popularity contest. If you got turned down, it's because someone doesn't wanna be your friend. Tough luck, bud. :3

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Yeah I'm not really too keen on it. It does just seem like a popularity contest and it's sort of isolating, and I hope it doesn't lead to cliquish behavior. It's not really a huge deal, but it's sort of a counterproductive feature.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
It's not like it really does anything either.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Yeah I'm not really too keen on it. It does just seem like a popularity contest and it's sort of isolating, and I hope it doesn't lead to cliquish behavior.

I don't agree. It's like people on Facebook who have 2,000,000 friends. I think it says more for someone who has a close unit of friends, compared to someone who just whores their profile out to everyone.

I also don't see how it encourages cliques. People are already aware of who their friends are. This just makes it official, so to speak.

It's not really a huge deal, but it's sort of a counterproductive feature.

Based on what so far?

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
It happens man.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I haven't even accepted most of my friend requests lol.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Nor I, like with MSN, :monster:.

Also, I personally approve of the feature. Social aspect of the site +5000.

Not having a social side on your site is soooo 1995. Having a boring forum without a proper user's profile is sooo 2001.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
It's a hit or miss. I just don't like when people I don't know randomly add me because they're the ones whoring their profile out to everyone. And then you have to have that awkward conversation like "wtf.. who's this?"

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I'm not sure I will *cry*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom