So you think you can dance?

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
don't move this thread to some subdivided entertainment subsection please.

At first... I thought the idea was crap, but then my sister started watching it and by the time I get home from work, I'm drained, so then I sit on the couch and watch, and now... I'm attached.

They can all really freaking dance. I wish I could dance. I can ddr. that's about it.

soyouthinkyoucandance.jpg

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
yeah some of the people on that show are fucking amazing.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
I can dance. :awesome:

(Seriously, I can hold my own in ballet, contemporary, and improv. hip-hop)

Ahem but moving on, the show is <3. Whenever I can, I steal the TV from my mother during the summertime when she's too drained to watch stuff, and I sit and watch it.

Some of those guys, especially the ones normally suited for hip-hop and break dancing are freaking a-ma-zing. So yeah I <3 this show. Though the host scares me, what with her freakish height and stuff--it kinda reminds me of how short I am.

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
You should try out but I don't know if they are having any of those under my bed any time soon.

Break Dancing and hip hop should seriously just have a show of their own. People would watch it.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
You should try out but I don't know if they are having any of those under my bed any time soon.

Break Dancing and hip hop should seriously just have a show of their own. People would watch it.

Well technically it already does if you count America's Next Best Dance Crew.

About trying out, :lol: if I had the time and the actual passion for it I would but dancing is just something I do as a fun pasttime. I don't really want to like devote my life to it or whatever.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Hm, most of my friends like watching the crappy dancers in the beginning of the show, but I never start watching until all of the worthwhile people show up. I really love watching dancing, it's such a lovely art.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Hm, most of my friends like watching the crappy dancers in the beginning of the show, but I never start watching until all of the worthwhile people show up. I really love watching dancing, it's such a lovely art.

It really is.

Oh speaking of crappy. A couple of weeks ago, my mother (who rarely watches SYTYCD) actually sat down with me to watch the show (much to my amazement), and we saw this kind of cute chubby blonde-haired girl.

Her name is lost on me but all I can recall is that she in the bottom three and for good reason, her interpretation of the contemporary style was so damn bland and boring. I lost track of what her routine actually was halfway through her minutes-long performance.

Although to make up for it, this absolutely amazing Latino guy came on and danced his ass off to this equally stylish song. Damn I wish I knew what it was called, it was soooo cool.

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
It is a lovely art. The girls are always dressed nice and doing all the amazing moves and the guys are just there throwing them around... I want to see a dance where the guy is the focus but I know that won't happen because guys just don't have anything on girls.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
It is a lovely art. The girls are always dressed nice and doing all the amazing moves and the guys are just there throwing them around... I want to see a dance where the guy is the focus but I know that won't happen because guys just don't have anything on girls.

:lol: Not ALL girls are great dancers. I'm not by any means great but I am pretty good, I can hold my own against some people if need be. I just hate it when people who aren't really well-coordinated or well-versed (even a little bit) in a particular style of dance, delude themselves, by insisting that they're "teh greatest dancer evar!!!!!111"

Though yes, most of the outfits the girls wear on there are really pretty.

They should put some focus on the guys, I'm sure there's a few stand-out male dancers that could probably put a few girls in their place.

Last edited:
Top Bottom