• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Solar Ash (coming to PS5!)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

Solar Ash Kingdom is the second game from Heart Machine, the studio lead by director Alx Preston and the creators of the award winning 2016 game Hyper Light Drifter. Players will find a surreal, vivid, and highly stylized world filled with wild high-speed traversal, endearing characters, and massive enemy encounters. Don’t let the void consume you…

http://solarash.com

Given that I unabashedly LOVED Hyper Light Drifter, I instantly recognized the music & sound design for this trailer. The art style even feels familiar despite no longer being pixel art (granted I did Kickstart HLD and have the game's artbook, so that may be more immediately apparent to me). As a quick example, here's a link to an image from it showing Alx Preston's concept art style, so that you'll get a sense of what I mean.

Just ridiculously excited for this.

X:neo:

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
In Solar Ash, the player journeys through the Ultravoid, a ravenous rift in space swallowing worlds. It’s a place of incredible danger and surreal spaces - a dream none can escape. Familiar though alien, lush but grotesque, peaceful at times and supremely violent in others. Our characters must find solace in each other to make it through the spiral of despair they find themselves trapped in.
A little name change, and also potentially confirmation of multiple characters in the description!

Super pleased that Solar Ash is coming to PS5! I've really been meaning to beat Hyper Light Drifter on my PS4, since I beat it on my old computer when it first came out. Maybe I'll have a reason to give it a shot again now (although I really want to get the dash champion cape, which is SO HARD with a controller).

Pretty pleased that now two games I've KickStarted directly (Scorn & Little Devil Inside) have ended up on next gen, as well as a developer whose first project I KickStarted (Hyper Light Drifter) was then able to make a second title on their own as a result – Solar Ash.

X:neo:

Top Bottom