Soldier Points are Excess Mako?

Cae Lumis

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I recall reading before that Soldier Points in Crisis Core are supposed to be Excess/ Accumulated Mako Energy within a SOLDIER's body, and that apparently this energy could be channeled by the SOLDIER (My memory wants to say the word used was "excreted"?) to facilitate Materia Fusion. However, a quick investigation into the sources I have on hand (The Brady Games Crisis Core Guide and the Crisis Core PSP Manual) doesn't possess this information. While I do have the JP Crisis Core Ultimate, I neither know Japanese nor where to even *look* within that dense book to see if it has it in there. Does anyone here know where this information comes from?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
This it?:
Crisis Core: SP, AP and MP

Here is where things get crazy. SP are Soldier Points and they are what keeps the DMW reels going; these in turn are responsible for leveling, limit breaks and summons.

From the Crisis Core (European) manual:

SOLDIER points indicate strength based on mako.
DMW results and defeating the enemy earn SP.

SOLDIER points are based on mako? In this context, mako is clearly a term for the spirit energy inherent in an individual, and not something that has to originate external from the "mako user".

Can confirm the text is the same between the North American and English European manuals, apart from which page the content is in.
North American manual page 21 said:
SOLDIER points indicate strength based on mako.
DMW results and defeating the enemy earn SP.
DMW activation and materia fusion (p.25) cost SP.

English European manual page 25 said:
SOLDIER points indicate strength based on mako. DMW
results and defeating the enemy earn SP. DMW activation and
materia fusion (p. 29) cost SP.

The corresponding section about SP in the Japanese manual is on page 19.
JP manual page 19 said:
ソルジャーポイントです。魔晄を元にした力で、敵を倒したり
D.M.Wの結果などで手に入り、D.M.Wを動かしたり、マテリア
合成(→P23)などで消費します。
Auto translation said:
Soldier Point(s). It is a power based on mako, obtained by defeating enemies, DMW results, etc., moves the DMW, and consumed in materia fusion (→ P23).

Conceptually, it makes sense for really any value representing health (HP, MP, AP, SP) that all of them are manifestations of the person's spirit energy. Spirit energy = Life, so it adds up.

Top Bottom