• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Some FFT Love For All You Die-Hards Still Lurking

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
What's this? Not a Tactics thread in sight? I cannot allow this to continue.

War of the Lions-191229-111556.png

Behold, what I do whenever I play Final Fantasy Tactics (this is the WotL version, though). Let's see if you can take a wild guess what the names of my 4 other NPC's are.

A thread for all things FFT. And, go!

Volvatta

Sincerity-Genuinity & Comedy
AKA
Crazy-Sane
I owned the WotL version first and i never finished it. Intro and graphics - on point. But then i bought the Ps1 version and damn...i loved it! I prefer the ps1 version for gameplay, it was faster in all aspects and areas of the game. Ramza, you da best. I love how big the world of Ivalice is and how you get all this information of other lands, wars passed, current events and historic events all thrown at you and you get to looks at the map and try and figure it out. It drags you in so well. Very well seperated characters stories told from a certain type of narrarive, interwined points of view as you journey. Very in depth. One of may faves.

Volvatta

AKA
Crazy-Sane
@Odysseus I might just buy psp again and get WofL's since I've went through the ps1 already instead. I know the story well, i don't really nee anither play through. I watched all the cut scenes on youtube anyhow to see the re-vision of the old ps1 scenes. But id play the psp version just for completion of the FF content. Is the translation just a little more clear or is it drastically changed?

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
It's a complete overhaul, and in my opinion it's much better. Everyone talks in a faux old English sort of way, which may be off putting to some, but I like it. The new extra characters are all pretty great and OP, and the new classes are fun to play with too. I've been hoping for a switch port.

Volvatta

AKA
Crazy-Sane
Oh yah, I forgot about the new classes, its been a few years since i had a psp, and i never got in far enough to see view them and compare to the original. Its was also a couole years between playing WofL's and getting the ps1. I know Balthier gets tossed in which caused a ruckus as to the time line between FFXII and FFT...people arguing about it and stuff. I'll do it. I'll pick it up.

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
@OdysseusIs the translation just a little more clear or is it drastically changed?

It is a massive overhaul, to the point where it includes colloquial phrases from 16th Century England:

War of the Lions-191229-122421.png

It's the equivalent of having ordered a commercial jingle for a radio show and getting an operatic aria with people speaking German, glockenspiels and theremins. It's one of the most ornate translations of a game originating from Japan that I've ever read.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Technically this was our Tactics thread. But whatever :monster: Yes, Tactics is best.

And @Volvatta this was the example of the script difference that I provided when I ran the Tactics playthrough that Mr. Ite posted above:

PS1:
A: Who do you think you are!? We're not animals! We're
human, just like you! There's no difference among us other
than our families! You ever been hungry? With only soup to eat
for months? Why do we have to suffer? Because you nobles
deprive us our right to live!

B: Human? Hmph, ridiculous! From the minute you were born
you had to obey us! From the second you were born you were our
animals!!

A: Says who!? That's nonsense! Who decided all this?!

B: It's the Will of Heaven!

A: Heaven? God would never say such things! In his eyes,
all are equal! He'd never let this happen! Never!

B: Animals have no God!!

A: !!!!

War of the Lions:
A: How can you nobles live as you do and yet hold your heads so high? We
are not chattel! We are humans, no less than you! What flaw do you hold there
to be in us? That we were born between a different set of walls? Do you know
what it means to hunger? To sup for months on naught but broth of bean? Why
must we be made to starve that you might grow fat? You call us thieves, but it
is you who steal from us the right to live!

B: You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've
been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in
whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the
world drenched in common blood!

A: By whose decree!? Who decides such foul and absurd things?

B: 'Tis heaven's will!

A: Heaven's will? You would pin your bigotry on the gods? No god would
fain forgive such sin, much less embrace it! All men are equal in the eyes of
the gods!

B: Men, yes. But the gods have no eyes for chattel.

A: You speak of devils, not gods!

"your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired!" is a hell of an insult, lol

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
"your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired!" is a hell of an insult, lol

I can do it one better.

"I see Gaffgarion's sword was no match for his words. Then again, perhaps the fault lies with his adversary. Beoulve blood is not given to spill easily. Even when thinned with that of a courtesan, it would seem."
- Delacroix speaking to Ramza at Lionel

For the untrained, Cardinal Delacroix just called Ramza's mother a whore.

Volvatta

AKA
Crazy-Sane
I can do it one better.

"I see Gaffgarion's sword was no match for his words. Then again, perhaps the fault lies with his adversary. Beoulve blood is not given to spill easily. Even when thinned with that of a courtesan, it would seem."
- Delacroix speaking to Ramza at Lionel

For the untrained, Cardinal Delacroix just called Ramza's mother a whore.

What a crypric way of saying such a heavy dis.

And @ForceStealer This is absolutely incredible. I have an idea... I might play the ps1 version along side the psp verdion at the same time and make a video of it... It would take a long ass time making all the jobs and decisions the same and would be tedious but ut would be worth it for the sake of applauding square at the overhaul of it but also the greatness of the ps1 version aswell. Sh*t man this would actually be a great little 1 hour video for YouTube

Top Bottom