Some new plugins / Stuff I just did

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
* Added a 'Social Group Statistics' plugin, which shows how much social groups and posts and whatnot are present in the statistics at the bottom of the forums' home page.

* Going to move from forums.thelifestream.net to thelifestream.net/forums, in order to make the WP integration work. You'll probably have to relog. I'll leave the forums.thelifestream.net as a redirect to the /forums thingy.

* Just transferred the forums database into the frontpage database (i.e. so they are One). Required for the vB integration, which is 'tarded btw, but eh. Just a few hitches on the way - insert was slow, but I removed the indices for a bit which accelerated the process to 9000+%. There was an error with some cache (the datastore, if you know what that means), but I found out that was due to encoding problems - manually copypasta'd that and it works now. Finally, I didn't transfer the postparsed table, so it gave an error when trying to get parsed posts. Put the postparsed table up and it should be good now. Going to continue the WP integration now.

* Found a neat plugin that properly displays parsetimes and server load and whatnot. Compared to SMF, vB is twice as fast (page display at 0.1 seconds, 0.2+ for SMF) and requires less queries (9 for thread page display, compared to 20 - 22 for SMF), and there's some plugins that would accelerate that even more if required. (reduce queries per pageview by up to 5)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Also, I'm going to upgrade the forum software from 3.8.1 PL 1 (or something) to 3.8.2, which includes some bugfixes that haven't affected us:

Social group dicussion email notifications don't always work (27226)
Access masks not reset properly with paid subscriptions (27385)
Friend requests received by users that are in "Tachy Goes to Coventry" (27213)
Profile field category privacy ignored in "About Me" tab (27453)
BB code case maintained when not parsed (27433)
External.php feeds don't handle thread]/post BB code properly (27276)
Avatars show up in social groups/visitor messages when users don't have permission (27369)

It also re-enables a feature present in 3.8.0 but removed in 3.8.1 due to confusion. It's now possible to get e-mail notifications and stuff about social groups, so you get an overview of social group activity every day or week through your e-mail. Currently upgrading, and cba to shut the forum down so it is possible some errors occur.

Edit: Also, the vB developers are cocks for not offering upgrade only packages. Although I now see they also offer a 'no images' package, which would work just as well.

Edit 2: Thar, upgraded to 3.8.2, fgj.

Top Bottom