Something of a concern for Rebirth/Part 3.

Rindo Kanade

Rookie Adventurer
If Part 2 (presuming it ends after Aerith's death) doesn't have an open-field/large exploration sequence before Aerith dies, I'll be severely disappointed.

I was thinking about the fact that we may never again experience a Final Fantasy 7 game with all of the ensemble cast together. Speaking purely out of principle, I think that it would be a misstep for the developers not to allow the player ample opportunity to backtrack/revisit and explore with all of the cast members before proceeding with the events at City of the Ancients, since it could be the last time that we ever have Aerith in the party with everybody else.
I'm presuming that Rebirth will be a mostly linear game where you're guided along to specific zones much like Remake, so I'd really like to be able to just go and run around at least a fairly large zone/field so that it's possible for fans to roleplay and sort of 'live a simple life' with these characters should they so wish.

I was thinking back to all of the times in other games where I've deliberately halted progress and made a save before events that lock you out of characters/experiences. I'd really just like to be able to wander around in a sort of 'purified' save with all of the cast.

So, it may be 'ideal' from a thematic perspective to deny players that sort of peaceful/frozen state with Aerith, but it would also be extremely cruel and in my opinion, a disservice to the game and future FF7 material.

That's all!

Golden Ear

Pro Adventurer
AKA
M. Prod
It's a legitimate concern. It's possible if we get the Tiny Bronco or some kind of equivalent we could use it to backtrack in a vey similar manner to Chapter 14 of Remake Part 1 only with more areas and more expanded of course.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
I think the main concern for me right now is that Zack coming back may be too good to be true. Why? Because he's so charimsatic and likeable that he might just overshadow most of the other characters and story, and that is....risky.

Top Bottom