Sonic the Hedgehog

Ghost X

Bubsy was a failed video game franchise in the 1990s, which that cartoon spawned from. Like I said earlier, I didn't mind the first Bubsy game, at least some aspects of it, and it is that which I hope is somehow incorporated into this Sonic Forces game... if it is Bubsy, and not Antoine, or something else :P.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
It it for any reason is Antoine, do you know what this would mean?

It would mean that Sega purchased the rights to the Dic/Archie cast :O

I'm not getting my hopes up, though. It's probably just Tails.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Wow have you guys seen this? HAVE YOU GUYS FUCKING SEEN THIS?

Remember Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric? OF course you do, it's one of the worst video games (not just Sonic games) in history.

Well presenting Sonic Synergy, aka the prototype of Sonic Boom.

I hate to be one of those "Aww man the beta looks SO much better!" people but holy shit. There's a night and day difference. This game was going to feature CHAO FFS! Nothing in this game is recognizable. Even the character models... they all look drunk or high XD Can't say I'm the biggest fan of their facial expressions but... I dunno Sonic with chest fur is kinda neat.

Apparently the game was being developed by Big Red Button FOR the PS4 and Xbox but, unbeknownst to them, Sega had made a deal to make 3 exclusively Nintendo Sonic games. The engine they used on this build (Cryengine?) wasn't compatible for the Wii U so they had to start again from scratch and well... yeah you know the rest.

... I wish they had released Shattered Crystal first and THEN this game on the Xbox and PS4. It would have fared a lot better... maybe not amazing, but certainly better than RoL.

I'm just so stunned by the difference.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
YzUAINI.jpg

hahahaha

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I'm... honestly not that impressed. Maybe if it was some OTHER level, OTHER than Green Hill for the thousandth time... and yeah the music seems off. Graphics in generations were a lot better too, I'm kinda surprised about that.

Still looking forward to the game though, just... wish they had chosen some other level for a change.

Last edited:

Ghost X

Among other things, I just think the music is too fast, perhaps made for hyperactive children. Probably twice the tempo of classic Sonic music. I actually find it annoying to listen to at length :awesome:. I don't think this has to do with my advancing age either :monster:.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I struggling to get a read on your opinion of Green Hill appearing in this game, Quex. :monster:

So am I :awesome:

I just wanted them to do something new instead of Green Hill over and over. I'm not saying the game is ruined or going to suck now, I just am kinda sick of Green Hill at this point. Plus the one in Generations just looked better. But it's a short level and just an introduction to classic Sonic probably so whatever for now I guess.

Ghost X

Looked at some more Sonic Forces commentary on that silhouette and who it could be, and am willing to consider that it may not be Bubsy now :monster:. So until further notice, am back with being interested in this game :awesome:.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Perhaps the date draws ever near.... Orders for Sonic Mania Collector's Edition for the PC, Xbox One, and PS4 (Switch is due to the later addition) are all set to "currently unavailable" on Amazon.

paspartoo

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Sonic is the best game from my childhood. This lovely blue hedgehog сaptivated all his charisma. And it is very hard to understand people who hate him

Top Bottom