• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Sonic the Hedgehog

Lex

Administrator
FINALLY. Bit of a pain to set up but I'll download everything now incase it gets taken down. Been trying to find a way to do this for years and Android emulation is horrible on PC.

EDIT: It works perfectly and is not a pain to set up. Just need to mess about with Steam's desktop configuration to get it working right with the controller and we're golden :D

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Downloaded it just incase it gets taken down, like Lex said. Sega tends to be more chill about stuff like this though, and it does require a file from the official version to run anyone want to, uh, hook a guy up? So I don't think there's much to worry about, but just in case, you know?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I was never the biggest fan of Roger, I'm pretty surprised to see him go. He was the longest lasting sonic yet!

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I thought he might have just stepped down of his own accord, like there was some personal reason he had to drop some roles. We don't know what the reason is or what goes on in their lives...then I read this:
Some people
There was a rumor that Ryan Drummond had the role again before RCS, but they wouldn't let him work for them if he was in a union. It just seems to be on the US side though, most or all the VAs in Japan are the same as in Adventure.

In other news, you can play as Knuckles in SCD now. As a separate character to Sonic and Tails, though he has some sprites missing.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I prefer Jason Griffth and the rest of the Sonic X cast for the characters. I know they're not very popular, but I just like them better than the other voices that did the Sonic gang. Roger who did Sonic since Sonic Colors wasn't too bad since he did sound a bit close to Jason's performance. The rest of newer cast since 2010, not so much. Especially since Tails' voice actor in Colors made him sound too much more like a girl than his voice in Sonic X up to Sonic and the Black Knight did.

That's what I thought, anyway.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Griffith was the most consistent Sonic actor, and I think he got pretty good by Unleashed and Black knight. I know this isn't really Roger's fault, but I can only associate him with the awful cheesy dialogue and dad jokes he was given in Colours and Generations (and onwards but I stopped playing after Generations.)

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I of course really did grow up with Jaleel White's so in my head that's always kind of his voice.
I remember actually quite enjoying the Colors cutscenes, to my surprise. I enjoyed that they didn't take themselves seriously the way the Adventure games, Heroes, and of course, Shadow did. And I never could quite get over the fact that Sonic and Ezio had the same voice. Not that I could hear it, I was just amazed by that when I figured it out :P

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Colors was a refreshing break from the overly serious stories they had been doing up to then, but afterwards it got kind of repetitive. They tried to go serious again with Forces, but from what I've heard it fell flat on its face mostly. I think Unleashed probably has my favorite tone for the series.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Forces fell flat on it's face for way more reasons than that, lol...
Yeah, I know the levels are ridiculously short too. It's just when you have stuff like sonic getting "tortured" for a year, knuckles saying "none of this is good, that's why it's called war" and infinite being everyone's edgy OC, all on the backdrop of colors-style dad humor, you can't help but think they had no idea what they were doing. Classic sonic being in it was also oddly pointless.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Colors was a refreshing break from the overly serious stories they had been doing up to then, but afterwards it got kind of repetitive. They tried to go serious again with Forces, but from what I've heard it fell flat on its face mostly. I think Unleashed probably has my favorite tone for the series.
Forces fell flat on it's face for way more reasons than that, lol...
Yeah, I know the levels are ridiculously short too. It's just when you have stuff like sonic getting "tortured" for a year, knuckles saying "none of this is good, that's why it's called war" and infinite being everyone's edgy OC, all on the backdrop of colors-style dad humor, you can't help but think they had no idea what they were doing. Classic sonic being in it was also oddly pointless.

I blame the writers for how Forces went downhill. Both story-wise and dialogue-wise. My biggest complaint with Colours was the change of the voice actors(except for Eggman who still has Mike Bullock(or had at the time since it's unknown if he's still Egghead at this point) or however you spell his last name, sorry). Other than that, I really like the game, it's story, it's gameplay, the Wisps since they're adorable, and it's music. One of my favorite tracks in Colors is Planet Wisp Map since it's so pretty.

Generations was okay, just a little complicated. Lost World was a lost cause(no pun intended), and Forces, well, yeah, it was downhill. I'm concerned how this year's game(s) will turn out and I hope that Sonic's current modern design(not including the movie or Boom) doesn't involve him having blue arms since I like him having peach arms.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Last edited:
Top Bottom