• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Soul Calibur VI

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

Properly looking forward to this. It's supposedly a reboot of sorts to the series, and I'm kinda glad for that. I'm loving the fact that Nightmare looks so classic.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Oh man, it looks like Siegfried is actually (trapped/possessed) inside Nightmare's armor, and you can see him get revealed after an armor break. This is all coming from the EVO footage in Japan.

Speaking of which, here's some gameplay from the event:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
That's as should be the case. This game is apparently set around the time of the first "Soulcalibur," after the evil sword took Siggy in "Soul Edge."

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

I couldn't be happier to hear what Max thought. It sounds like everything I've been hoping it would be. Can't wait to see all that beautiful 4k Footage!

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Watching Xianghua kick Sophitia’s ass made me remember all the times my brother would kick my ass in SC3. And Nightmare reminds me of all the times I kicked HIS ass in SC2!

If it has local co-op I’ll definitely get this. It’s a fun game.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Fuck yeah Zasalamel. He has been my fave ever since that once where he was the villain. My gut is telling me Soul Calibur 3.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Fuck yeah Zasalamel. He has been my fave ever since that once where he was the villain. My gut is telling me Soul Calibur 3.

I believe you are correct, because my gut said the same thing. I'm REALLY glad he made it into the lineup. Everything about this game is looking like it's just a dreamy combination of everything we've been wanting from the series. I really hope that the story mode delivers for everyone, because I got totally crushed by SCV over that.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The talk of Portals makes me pretty sure that he's not the only guest character that we'll be seeing. It'll be interesting to see if we get more characters like Geralt that'll be multi-platform guest characters.

Also still kinda surprised that he was announced before a lot of the rest of the roster.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I think the portal talk was more a reference to his character as he's pretty vocal about disliking them in the Witcher games. It'll likely be the in-game explanation for him appearing in the game.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The intro text, "Fissures between this universe and another appeared all around. From there emerged the variants" sounds a lot more like a general introduction to the mechanic by which the guest characters will be arriving, rather than something Geralt-specific though.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Geralt is one thing, but to be honest I want Lenneth.... she's all I've ever wanted in a Soul Calibur game.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

Bandai-Namco is gonna bringing the current build of Soul Calibur VI for Max to play live on stream on Friday, after E3. He's gonna stream and VOD the whole thing, but if you wanna check it out with some really awesome dudes who know their whit when it comes to fighting games, you're gonna wanna check it out when he streams it.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
How the hell does Max get all his connections?

He's been a really close-knit part of the fighting game community for a REALLY long damn time, and has been doing that stuff for over a decade. That's why his channel is THE biggest fighting game channel on YouTube / hub on the internet. He built all the connections he's got with a metric shitton of devotion to what he does. He works his ass off to provide coverage of games, streams regularly, and has a reputation for being really level-headed about how he covers things.

I still feel like the best thing that covers him this is his video from two years ago:

So that was two years ago. Today his YouTube channel is at 840,000 Subs, and he has >500,000 followers on Twitch. He is a MASSIVE pillar to the fighting game community in a way that nobody else is, and his passion and professionalism has only continued to enhance that and open doors for him. And really, I can't think of anybody better suited to it.

Top Bottom