Sounds Fix

This reminds me that I wish some sound cues and effects would be corrected for the PC releases of FFVII so that it would mimic the PlayStation version better. I reckon the same issues exist for FFVIII as well.

Good work on amending this issue for the FFIX PC port. :monster:

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
So, being that FF8 hasnt been ported to PS4, I grabbed the steam version. Being almost exclusively a console gamer, im terrible with Mods, but when I heard that terrible MIDI music, I knew I had to do something...thankfully, it was all neatly packaged in "Roses and Wine" (the only one I've noticed is still broken is Queazacoatl's summon sounds, strangely). It soubds like FFIX fixed the bigger problems (music) but messed up several SFX? And are you basically devoting your time and energy to doing a R+W type thing for IX? That's awesome!
P.S., is this true for PC as well as PS4?? (I bought the PS4 version, but have only just booted it up to check it worked, since im playing 8 atm)

Vivi_Carol

Pro Adventurer
Yes, the music in FF9 is fine, yet the sounds, forfeit, so Silicon Studios did the most shabby job trying to recreate sfxs because of the original resources lost. Which either consisted of squeaky, pitchy sounds, missing sounds on numerous sounds. Missing environmental sounds like the lighting sfx playing on the Prima Vista theater stage and many more. I'm an audiophile, so I had to do something about it, luckily I still had the sfxs and datas from the psx version of FF9 (some of which were used in my other modding projects before this final one) and it applied it here, to the PC port.
I devoted, a good part of my time to fixing this glaring issue in FFIX, while other problems still exist, I start from the bottom, up. Now that the sounds fix is released, my time is mostly devoted to other tasks, and final production of FF:EMR The Zodiac Addition mod while working on these 2 video renders featuring a new Beatrix model.
And occasionally I check back with the sounds fix mod if it needs any updates, like the current one above.

Last edited:
Top Bottom