• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
So Sony Pictures just dropped the first trailer for their animated Miles Morales movie.

And it looks REALLY GOOD

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
A couple interesting trailer breakdowns that also give some backstory on Miles for people who aren't familiar with him:

Last edited:
I don't know anything about Spider-Man, but visually this looks really interesting. When I first saw stills from the trailer I thought they were concept art paintings. Love the comic book-like touches.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Fuuuuuck I came to post that!

lmao a Christmas Album and a so-so popsicle? XD

LOOK AT PENI!!!!

I just hope they don't make Peter TOO goofy. Some writers seem to think that the trick to writing him is just just make him into a less-violent version of Deadpool, which is not him (not even Deadpool deserves that).

The movie does look pretty funny though. XD

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
That scene with all of them on the ceiling was great :P

Also, those Sam Raimi trilogy references. I wonder if this Peter might be straight up an older Maguire Pete, lol.
Probably not because I do not recall him actually punching that car back through the window in the movie...awesome as it would have been :'D

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Man, all of the most important characters to me from the comic are here except for Hobie Brown as Anarchist Spider-Man AKA Spider-Punk. Given that he's like an intersection of the key character beats for Miles & Noir, I'm totally fine with him being absent or possibly just a minor appearance. The obviously drawn connections to the comics and earlier films is what makes me more and more excited for the idea of how Sony's putting together their Spider films now. It genuinely seems like they're full-on embracing the idea that their films all exist together, but just in different universes (much like the way that Turtles Forever did this with the TMNT back in the day). They can exist on their own but they might occasionally bleed through, team up, or fight with each other.

It gives them a way of acknowledging all of their series, and keeping them tangentially connected to the MCU through one thread, but also being able to play more freely when they want to. If I had to place bets, I'd guess that this is also how they're gonna handle where Venom lives, and how they could potentially have him encounter Tom Holland Spider-Man, even if they don't get to officially link it into the MCU. It'll be interesting to see if they use this as a way to test successful films, and then only connect the ones that stick to the web, so-to-speak.

EDIT: Also I saw this yesterday, and oh mans:

X:neo:

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Man, that clip definitively proved everything I thought: This film is gonna be GOD. DAMN. AMAZING.

Miles is running through traffic in a store-bought Spider-Man suit, being chased by the Prowler. He ends up in a cemetery and apologizing to Peter Parker's grave (covered with flowers) that he doesn't think he can be who Peter wanted him to be. That's when he suddenly encounters other universe Peter Parker and accidentally knocks him out.

Thus ensues hilarious scenes of him realizing and not believing, the cops seeing him, and trying to escape with an unconscious Peter with the webshooters on Peters arms. They finally sort of make it somewhere safe, where the Prowler's watching from a nearby building.

QIEAUSIFLBJKO:AWSDPO;zcxlK I'm just getting ALL of everything I want today, and i couldn't be happier.

X :neo:

Top Bottom