[split] Add a Clubs section?

Cthulhu: Topic split from "Add sections?"

I agree that lots of useless and unused sections will get annoying, but Serious Discussion and 121 will get used quite a bit.
What does everyone think of the clubs that used to be on AC.net? The good ones always seemed to get a little off topic, but it was fun to have those little groups with similar interests like fav characters, pairings, ect.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
[quote author=Balthea link=topic=40.msg275#msg275 date=1228104635]What does everyone think of the clubs that used to be on AC.net? The good ones always seemed to get a little off topic, but it was fun to have those little groups with similar interests like fav characters, pairings, ect.
[/quote]

I second this notion. :monster:

It depends on how you feel I guess about clubs that leave the focus on the Compilation or the FF series. I never really join any non-FF clubs (if they even existed), so I don't care either way.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah there were some non-FF clubs on ACF. I joined one but it was a joke club dedicated to one of the actual members. But I think there were a few who did get a lot of attention. I guess if you want to for now just create one section, or one FF and one non-FF? Up to you. But clubs fgj plox. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
fgj, I'll create one general FF clubs section under the general section, if plenty of people complain about non-FF clubs, I'll add that as well.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I just hope we don't attract the same shitty drama ACF had in regards to its clubs and shit. It got really stupid in that section, and I personally don't really like the idea and some of the people it attracts.

And I really think we should only stick to Final Fantasy clubs. I don't think we should start spreading ourselves too thin and start hosting clubs that really don't focus on what we're about.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Don't make me list them all :monster:

Just the devotion of certain fans got to be a bit too much. Flaming, trolling, etc etc.

Then we got the "Hate" clubs too, and that was a rather shit concept. Hate clubs attracted drama as well and were just stupid imho.

I really don't want to see the FF club sections to be a breeding ground for crazy fans who want to troll other fans that don't agree with them.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
It's all coming back to me now :monster:

I agree that hate clubs really didn't seem to produce anything worthwhile. So I wouldn't support their inclusion here.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Ver'lyeh, agreed with the above sentiments. Trolling won't be tolerated, as everyone who has an account agreed on when registering, which includes the clubs section (and Everywhere Else, for that matter - I'm no fan of having different rules or (widely) different enforcement of the same set of rules for each section, even if they seem a bit less serious.

Also, I'd like to keep off-topic chat and stuff in a clubs thread to a minimum - either use private messaging, instant messaging programs, or if it's actually worth discussing the General section for all that. I dunno if / how much of a problem that was back on the 'CF, but I'd like to keep that away from here.

Also, before anyone asks, I'm keeping postcount active in both that and all other forums, nobody cares and/or should care about anyone's postcount, and even if a post isn't counted in some figure in your profile, you still made it so you deserve to know that you did. On that, and I posted this somewhere else too, I'm tempted to just remove the postcount indicator from people's post info thingy, else people will start complaining about that.

I was looking through unread posts and thought, "I don't remember starting a thread about clubs..." :monster:

Drama sucks. But if rules areenforcedto stop the trolling, off-topicness, etc, I think these clubs will turn out just fine. And lets just hope that it doesn't even come to that.

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
I'm for clubs, but I think it shouldn't be constricting on the rules like the main forum. I don't like the idea of Hate clubs, but love the pairing clubs lol

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=133.msg2313#msg2313 date=1229442780]
Hate threads are a no I'd say. They are just a waste of time IMHO.
[/quote]

They just ask for trouble + the kind of people who like to beidentifiedby what they hate rather than what they like are just weird.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
A hate thread indicates people who ridicule a certain character or group of people, which can be interpreted as both trolling and flaming, neither of which are allowed, so the rules should cover hate clubs. Of course, a general consensus of 'no hate clubs lyk evar' helps too.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
All hate clubs on ACF were ridiculous anyway.

Rarely, if ever was the hate justified beyond one character being the other's rival, be it in love or battle.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
So I guess we all agree on a resounding "no" to hate clubs and shit :monster:

As for the rules of the clubs section, you'll notice that it's a post count section. So we ask that you please keep the spam out and try to have some semblance of a discussion in them :monster:

No trolling the clubs, either. Intelligent discussion or question asking is fine but if it gets too off topic or whatever, we'll end up separating it from the main club and ask you to take your discussion there.

[quote author=sephirothpaine link=topic=133.msg2382#msg2382 date=1229486741]
Are non-cannon pairings clubs allowed?
[/quote]

They better be, because we all know what club I'm going to create once I get a day off... :monster:

Except, Tserith totally is canon and at ACF we had some pretty good conversationsdiscussingtheir relationship. I'm still sad those are now lost forever... :(

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Balthea link=topic=133.msg2390#msg2390 date=1229489279]
[quote author=sephirothpaine link=topic=133.msg2382#msg2382 date=1229486741]
Are non-cannon pairings clubs allowed?
[/quote]

They better be, because we all know what club I'm going to create once I get a day off... :monster:
[/quote]

Good cuz I'm soo going to make a Sephy/Cloud club :monster:

Top Bottom