Split bands and suckage

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Following a bit of discussion in the 'What Are You Listening To'-thread between V and me, here's a topic to swear at awesome bands splitting up.

First up, Emperor. Bitches, :monster:. They are one of the most influential bands lyk evar, and also one of the first 'troo' band I got into a few years ago.

Walknut split as well according to V, although I can't find anything about that on Last.fm.

Any more of those?

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Every single, good influential punk/emo band ever :monster: srsly.

Rites of Spring, Minor Threat, Moss Icon, Maximilian Colby, Shotmaker, Sleepytime Trio, Swing Kids, Cap'n Jazz, The Promise Ring, Heroin, Mohinder, The Hated and Sunny Day Real Estate (tho, in all fairness they lasted up until rly quite recently and made 4 actual albums as opposed to a hundred thousand splits and EPs)

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Walknut haven't split; I was referring to Amesoeurs. I believe Walknut have a new one due out this year.

I'll list awesome bands that have split wicba.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Walknut haven't split; I was referring to Amesoeurs. I believe Walknut have a new one due out this year.
That's got me all excited really.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Oh, okay then. Amesoeurs only just released their first album, amirite?

Oh well. It seemed more like a side-project of Alcest or something. Still though, good album, with some songs that probably would be acceptable on the radio.

crevaxa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
MDL_0
I'm actually not that pissed about Emperor splitting up. Prometheus was a great album, but it was time that the band ended, IMO. Its an epic closer to an epic discography. Besides, Ihsahn wrote most of the music anyway (all of Prometheus), and he has his solo project now, so :monster:

Top Bottom