• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Spoiler Free Questions Thread (All Spoilers Must Be Tagged!)

Highwind

Pro Adventurer
It has been quiet now for the last 6 or so hours so unsure if they're taking a break or finally ran out of material to extract from what they obtained.
Oh, for just 6 hours? So they were still going. Damn. I'm just glad that apparently not the whole script leaked.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Minor aesthetic thing, but at any point do Cloud's eyes ever do the Mako glow? Like when he's doing limit breaks and stuff, cause I always headcanon'd that his eyes do a subtle glow when he's not doing anything too active, but it glows brighter when he's fighting at stuff.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Hey just a heads up, Lex. Hovering your mouse over the threads shows the contents of the first post, so I accidentally got an eye full of
The top half of Red XIII's head
when I was going over the leak thread.

Lex

Administrator
Weirdly specific maybe but does the demo have a 4K checkerboard output option on Pro systems?

If it does this isn't something it explicitly states in the menu.

Minor aesthetic thing, but at any point do Cloud's eyes ever do the Mako glow? Like when he's doing limit breaks and stuff, cause I always headcanon'd that his eyes do a subtle glow when he's not doing anything too active, but it glows brighter when he's fighting at stuff.

Nothing sticks out beyond what we've seen in trailers. There's very little video stuff in terms of the leaks btw

Hey just a heads up, Lex. Hovering your mouse over the threads shows the contents of the first post, so I accidentally got an eye full of
The top half of Red XIII's head
when I was going over the leak thread.

Sorry for this - it's a feature I completely forgot about, so I've fixed it now. Definitely something to think about moving forward with spoiler threads though, thanks for bringing it up.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Lex, dunno if there's anything you can do about this, but text from the spoiler thread shows up in search results. I was just doing search about ff7 stuff in general, not looking for any spoilers, and one of the results on the first page was a post from the big spoiler thread here, and text from it was shown on the search page under the link (I was using DuckDuckGo, btw), so the identity of the final boss and where you fight it got spoiled for me.

Oh, and one question regarding the leaks. There were snippets of scenes, from what I've been told, but were any of the leaked scenes complete (as far as dialogue) or was it all just parts of them?

Jairus

Any possibility of them changing or being adjusted in any way?

Also, is one of the complete scenes
Jessie's death?
When I was on the GameFAQs boards, some guy arguing with me there said a little about it, and I'm hoping it wasn't completely leaked and there's at least some of it we don't know yet. I don't want any details, I just know what he said was supposedly in the last screenshot of the leaks, though I haven't seen it myself if it even exists.

Last edited:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
While a lot of key scenes are complete, a lot are not. It's rather obviously not a final build of the game. So I'd say everything we've seen is potentially in flux.

That said... we know how the plot of FFVII goes. Most of the scenes that are complete are varriations of scenes we already know happened in the OG. So if it happened in the OG, expect it to happen in the Remake in some way.

Jairus

Oh I know the events of the OG still happen one way or another, it was just the particular way this scene was being claimed to play out that I had concerns about, is all, which is why I asked if it was complete in the leaks or not.

Badalight

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Badalight
My question is in regards to the opening trailer where we see Sephiroth and Jenova in the same shot, which shouldn't be possible.

Could someone help explain this to me? Do the leaks provide an answer? Has the game been totally reworked, or are we essentially just seeing an illusion?

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
My question is in regards to the opening trailer where we see Sephiroth and Jenova in the same shot, which shouldn't be possible.

Could someone help explain this to me? Do the leaks provide an answer? Has the game been totally reworked, or are we essentially just seeing an illusion?
Light spoiler version:
We don't have complete context for this scene since the demo data doesn't cover the complete game, but what is available heavily implies it's all a hallucination.

Heavy spoiler version:
The bestiary states that the Jenova specimen encountered in Hojo's lab is named Jenova PULSE, and that it is believed to cause hallucinations.

From context and some labels in the datamined text, it's also implied that most, if not all, of the appearances of Sephiroth in the game are hallucinations.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Okay, so since a lovely fellow over on the remake reddit posted some unmarked spoilers, I know Hojo mentions S-SOLDIERS and G-SOLDIERS now. I was hoping the remake wouldn't acknowledge crisis core at all, but I suppose that was just wishful thinking. What I want to know is, how much "Crisis Core" is in the game? I just need to know that Gackt isn't running around spewing poetry from his mouth. I don't care if Kunzle cameos or something.
Gee, for mr. "I'm not gonna look at any leaks," I sure do keep asking shit.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I guess what I want to know is, is it the really egregious stuff, or just references?

I suppose it depends on how you define "egregious."

CC's impact is felt within the narrative. Not in an unnecessary way but it's present and acknowledged in several ways. From subtle easter eggs like advertisements for Banora White, to more tangible ways like the mention you referenced.

To specify, Hojo mentions S and G type SOLDIERs in a meeting with Shinra in reference to... Well, I'll just say it's pretty messed up, lol.

Kunsel actually is in fact mentioned directly, but not seen from what we know.

Aerith's fear of the open sky is referenced explicitly.

The Shinra Virtual Reality Training System is used and and a means of fighting powerful optional bosses.

And Cloud experiences a flashback moment of Zack but is unaware of who he is.

And on another note, Dirge of Cerberus gets a nod in reference to
Deepground. Due to the drop of the Sector 7 Plate, Deepground enemies are let loose, and Cloud and the others get asked to stop them. Two of the supposed optional bosses in the game are enemies that emerged from there. A Deepground Behemoth and a very weird, augmented humanoid type enemy called Deepground Beast.

That's all we know thus far, but I would bet there will be more.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Okay, none of that is what I would call egregious. I think my issues with crisis core stem more from how it was written more than the content itself now that I think about it.

actually kinda hyped about deep ground getting acknowledged. Dirge has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. I just didn't want stuff like Angeal or Cissnei showing up or getting referenced this early. And if I ever hear "SOLDIER HONOR" again I think I'll cry.

This is making me wonder if they will redo the entire compilation under the FF7 Remake umbrella. Would be a good chance to go back and make it less awful.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
And on another note, Dirge of Cerberus gets a nod in reference to
Deepground. Due to the drop of the Sector 7 Plate, Deepground enemies are let loose, and Cloud and the others get asked to stop them. Two of the supposed optional bosses in the game are enemies that emerged from there. A Deepground Behemoth and a very weird, augmented humanoid type enemy called Deepground Beast.

Yikes
:closedmonster:

The inclusion of Deepground in any form or fashion considerably lowers my hype as it shows Square Enix still very much enjoys the smell of their own farts :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think their hands are full with this Remake for now :monster:

By the time it's all said and done, Nomura, Kitase, Nojima and Toriyama are probably gonna take a break from VII and move ahead since it's gonna be time for something new.

And considering the Remake is being done by the exact same people who did the Compilation, why would they not use their own work that served as the backbone which led to the Remake even being born? They're proud of it. It'd be like disowning or disavowing your own beloved child :monster:

The only difference is, they're not under an edict to simply produce. It's a project with considerably more time, effort and resources.

Top Bottom