• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Spoiler Free Questions Thread (All Spoilers Must Be Tagged!)

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
I thought Nomura said the main story alone was 50-60 hours in a recent interview.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I mean 45 hours is about what I was hoping for. Long without overstaying its welcome. There's probably plenty of replay value too. I hope they add a hard mode.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
well okay then.

Also, don't actually tell me, but what the FUCK is happening in this thread!?
Capture6.JPG

Reactions: LNK

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Wasn't the OG 80 hours long, though? But maybe that was with doing everything and maxing everything out.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Uhhh... I don't know about that.

Like, doing everything in the game doesn't clock at 80 hours. Maybe 50 hours. But 80 is pretty out there.

Jimmy XH

Pro Adventurer
Wasn't the OG 80 hours long, though? But maybe that was with doing everything and maxing everything out.

Quite feasible that it would be in that region the first time round with no strategy guides, no obvious on-screen instructions or hints.

Then when you get into additional playthroughs, just how long did you spend in the Gold Saucer without properly knowing what you were doing? I distinctly remember being hopelessly under-levelled in the Battle Arena and pulling an all-nighter to try and get Omnislash.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I definitely used a guide to get a gold chocobo and everyone's best weapons. I don't think I did anywhere in the main story though.
Oh ok, that makes sense. I think I did for the Chocobos and a few best weapons as well.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
That should give you an idea lmao. And remember, only a small % of people are playing/seeing about the game. Imagine when it actually releases.
How many have already played/been playing it?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
How many have already played/been playing it?
On this forum specifically, I think around 10 to 15. Could be more.
EDIT: Did a recount. Of the people online right now, 22 were looking at the spoiler forum or I just know they've been in there at some point. Don't know the % that actually have the game, or how that compares to the % of active users.

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Is there really only like 30 people that regularly use the forum? Geez. I should add that there's quite a few people that don't actually have the game that are just going in to the spoilers anyway. Of course, those people will want to share their own game play experiences regardless.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Is there really only like 30 people that regularly use the forum? Geez. I should add that there's quite a few people that don't actually have the game that are just going in to the spoilers anyway. Of course, those people will want to share their own game play experiences regardless.
I could be wrong about that number. It was just a guess:)

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
From what I'm hearing, completion time is around 25 hours for a no frills run, 35-40 hours for a complete run, and then there's an unlockable chapter select with optional hard mode versions of each chapter that I understand are brutally challenging, which could easily add another 20-30 hours for 100% completion.

Of course it all depends on how people play the game. I'm the kind of person who wants to truly 100% RPGs which means not just collecting every item and opening every chest, but listening to every single NPC dialogue, reading every bit of text, and fully absorbing the scenery. I'm sure that will balloon my playtime the first way through. Games get a lot shorter when you start skipping dialogue and going immediately to your destinations.

Edit: And FWIW, there's also the strong likelihood that there will be some form of post-launch DLC down the road, perhaps even more likely now that the pandemic could impact game development to some degree. I get the impression that under ideal circumstances the team would want to go all-in on the second game in the project, but if recent history tells me anything (FFXV, KH3), over the next year we could very well see extra modes, bosses, perhaps even new episodes or tweaks to the story itself.

Last edited:

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Regarding the length:

I just hit the Train Graveyard at 22 hours in - I've done all regular sidequests so far, but still have a couple of Chadley quests to do. I'd say there's another 10 hours to go just as a guesstimate but I've honestly no real idea how long the endgame will be.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
From what I'm hearing, completion time is around 25 hours for a no frills run, 35-40 hours for a complete run, and then there's an unlockable chapter select with optional hard mode versions of each chapter that I understand are brutally challenging, which could easily add another 20-30 hours for 100% completion.

Of course it all depends on how people play the game. I'm the kind of person who wants to truly 100% RPGs which means not just collecting every item and opening every chest, but listening to every single NPC dialogue, reading every bit of text, and fully absorbing the scenery. I'm sure that will balloon my playtime the first way through. Games get a lot shorter when you start skipping dialogue and going immediately to your destinations.

Edit: And FWIW, there's also the strong likelihood that there will be some form of post-launch DLC down the road, perhaps even more likely now that the pandemic could impact game development to some degree. I get the impression that under ideal circumstances the team would want to go all-in on the second game in the project, but if recent history tells me anything (FFXV, KH3), over the next year we could very well see extra modes, bosses, perhaps even new episodes or tweaks to the story itself.
I figured we'd get 1 or two DLCs anyway. With this pandemic, it furthers my suspicions

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Other than the thing that happens in the last bit of the game, how accurate is the remake otherwise?

And I guess I mean just overall location design and plot points, not things like Braver being a special move instead of a limitbreak.

Top Bottom