• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

[SPOILERS] KH 2.8 Discussion Thread

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The game will be out in a few hours in JP, discuss anything and everything KH2.8 related stuff here.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Apparently, according to some translator on tumblr, that in Back Cover the eye in Xehanort's Keyblade is actually the Master of Master's eye which sees into the future, and it was originally the Master of Master's Keyblade that he passed on to Luxu and is told not to open the box as we saw in the trailers.

It was also revealed by Cyberman65 who got his english copy already but has privated his video of Back Cover's english version for obvious reasons.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Why do you want to be banned from this thread?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Well, if she doesn't want to, then she doesn't have to be banned from this thread just to avoid spoilers. All she has to do is ignore it. You don't need to be banned just to avoid spoilers.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I mean, you can put threads on an ignore list for that reason. Would've been my first recommendation before a ban :P

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah there's an Ignore Thread in the thread options dropdown menu at the top of the page. IDK what it does exactly though :monster:

Lex

Administrator
I've read some hilarious implications about what happens in this game and what it means for another game (that isn't KHIII) that I don't want to post about because of certain potential reactions. Since I care very little about KH it would be akin to lighting a match near some pure alcohol then smoking a cigarette and chuckling darkly while I watch everything go up in flames.

For some reason I feel OK posting this heavy handed hint-laden post though. The discussion in this thread'll get there eventually anyway.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
I've read some hilarious implications about what happens in this game and what it means for another game (that isn't KHIII) that I don't want to post about because of certain potential reactions. Since I care very little about KH it would be akin to lighting a match near some pure alcohol then smoking a cigarette and chuckling darkly while I watch everything go up in flames.

For some reason I feel OK posting this heavy handed hint-laden post though. The discussion in this thread'll get there eventually anyway.

67577261.jpg

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about shit's already hit the fan per usual. :monster:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
When the Master of Master revealed that the eye on the Keyblade was his eye, I was like, "*Dumbfounded* What?" and then, grossed out, "Eugh." similiar to Luxu's expression when he heard this. I smirked at that part of the meeting. I'm surprised how short and young Luxu actually is.

I managed to watch the english version of Back Cover and, it wasn't what I expected but it was still amazing enough.
I thought Ace was a bum.

I also watched the 0.2 gameplay, and I actually enjoyed that far better than Back Cover. It was so cool! Can't wait for the english release of the game and the ending makes me even MORE hyped for KH3 now!

Just a little added joke: Kadaj from Advent Children is the Master of Masters!
The eye in Xehanort's Keyblade is the eye of the Master of Masters which resembles to Sephiroth's cat-like eyes, and the master of masters and Kadaj are both playful. Ha ha!

Edit: I just realised something. Back Cover's scenes has it's own somewhat similiarity to Final Fantasy VII's "On the Way to a Smile".
With each Foreteller having their own small case meetings with the Master of Masters.

For example:

Case of Luxu,
Case of Ira,
Case of...Irvine or whatever her name is,
Case of Gula,
Case of Aced,
Case of Ava,
and Case of Luxu again.

This is kind of like the cases of certain points of characters set between the ending of Final Fantasy VII and Lateral Biography TURKS; The Kids are Alright/Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

Example:
Case of Denzel,
Case of Tifa,
Case of Barret,
Case of Yuffie,
Case of Nanaki,
Case of Shinra,
Case of the Lifestream(though I really wouldn't call this one a story at all since it has no dialogue).

Coincedince, or just wishful thinking?...Most likely the latter, but you know.
Did anyone else here catch that?

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I just watched the English version of "Back Cover" myself, and ... I don't really know what to think of this series anymore. It's gotten so weird.

I still think bringing time travel shenanigans and the notion of temporal paradoxes into KH at all was a really poor choice. I suppose I shouldn't be too annoyed, though, as KH's story was always a little nebulous. I couldn't have really told you what happened in the first game right after finishing it, or right after finishing KHII, for that matter. This time stuff may well have been Nomura's plan all along -- it's just that time travel is such a messy plot device that it can easily derail most any story if it isn't handled both delicately and dutifully.

It also very rarely serves any stories it gets brought into (e.g. the aforementioned FFXIII trilogy or the "God of War" series). It's often a lazy way of plotting things, and too much gets left unaddressed. I hope we don't see that here.

On a related note, the more time goes by (haha puns), the more I think Ryu was onto something with this theory a while back. We saw a similar notion in the FFXIII trilogy to that in FFIII about too much darkness (i.e. chaos) in the world causing time to stop or do other odd things, and I'm guessing KH is planning to go down that road.

On an unrelated note about "Back Cover," I'm also not crazy about how you can't see the eyes of anyone in the main cast of this movie. I still found myself liking Ava well enough, though.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I just watched the English version of "Back Cover" myself, and ... I don't really know what to think of this series anymore. It's gotten so weird.

I still think bringing time travel shenanigans and the notion of temporal paradoxes into KH at all was a really poor choice. I suppose I shouldn't be too annoyed, though, as KH's story was always a little nebulous. I couldn't have really told you what happened in the first game right after finishing it, or right after finishing KHII, for that matter. This time stuff may well have been Nomura's plan all along -- it's just that time travel is such a messy plot device that it can easily derail most any story if it isn't handled both delicately and dutifully.

It also very rarely serves any stories it gets brought into (e.g. the aforementioned FFXIII trilogy or the "God of War" series). It's often a lazy way of plotting things, and too much gets left unaddressed. I hope we don't see that here.

On a related note, the more time goes by (haha puns), the more I think Ryu was onto something with this theory a while back. We saw a similar notion in the FFXIII trilogy to that in FFIII about too much darkness (i.e. chaos) in the world causing time to stop or do other odd things, and I'm guessing KH is planning to go down that road.

On an unrelated note about "Back Cover," I'm also not crazy about how you can't see the eyes of anyone in the main cast of this movie. I still found myself liking Ava well enough, though.

The only games I can say that are totally weird are X(Chi)/Unchained and Back Cover since those prequels never made sense in the first place.

Plus, I think the time they decided to do the Time-Travel thing was because of the Disney Castle incident in KH2 and maybe that's when they decided do to more time-travel, which, given circumstances, having bad guys to travel through time is a bad choice.

Plus, the whole darkness thing really started with Star Wars back in 1970's. You know, the Dark Force kind of thing, and that the darkness carried onto the rest of the world for plot ideas for games like Final Fantasy and so on. I think the time-travel idea carried on from the original version of the old film "Time Machine".

Some people like these sort of things and some don't. Just hope we don't have any more of the Time-Travel stuff in KH3 and I know for the fact that Time-Travel isn't even mentioned in 0.2 at least.

Edit: And I actually quite like Ava too. I don't mind Gula, since he's okay. The Master of Masters is...weird. I'm surprised I actually like Luxu at the moment. The rest of the Foretellers are hard to tell.

Chirichi is adorable.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Just hope we don't have any more of the Time-Travel stuff in KH3 ...
I wish we wouldn't, but it seemed like Master Xehanort's plan as revealed in "Dream Drop Distance" is entirely dependent on it.

But I won't claim that I understand the mess this story has become.

He might remember time-travelling after meeting his past-youth-self, but I don't think he'll attempt in time-travel again in KH3. Plus, as Young Xehanort said, he wouldn't remember anything that happened to him once he returned to his time but still carried out what his future-self had told him, thus creating the Paradox that, well, you probably figured it out in Back Cover with the Master of Masters by now.

The biggest concern is that Dark Keyblade of theirs.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
... thus creating the Paradox that, well, you probably figured it out in Back Cover with the Master of Masters by now.
To be honest, I don't think I did.

Well, he did mention about,
not giving Luxu the Book of Propechies since he didn't want give out the Paradox, meaning that he wasn't going to run the risk of a Time-Paradox happening
. Which means he knows that changing the future is dangerous.

God I hope KH3 doesn't end with Sora changing the future and we get stuck with KH4 being sort of like a replica of KH1. That'd be disasterous.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
If don't mind me asking, what was your reaction about the new truth on Xehanort's Keyblade? I was dumbfounded and then a little grossed out about the truth of the eye design.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I was mostly just puzzled, to be honest. Without knowing more about who the Master of Masters is, where he went, etc., I'm not really sure what I was supposed to take from that scene.

I suppose one thing it tells us, though, is that everything Xehanort has done/will do was known to the Master of Masters all along? Since he can see what the eye in the keyblade sees, I mean.

Does Xehanort know that?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I was mostly just puzzled, to be honest. Without knowing more about who the Master of Masters is, where he went, etc., I'm not really sure what I was supposed to take from that scene.

I suppose one thing it tells us, though, is that everything Xehanort has done/will do was known to the Master of Masters all along? Since he can see what the eye in the keyblade sees, I mean.

Does Xehanort know that?

Hmmm, hard to tell. Then again, Xehanort has found a way to time-travel and meet his past-self and took him into the future and even was aware of Sora and Riku's Mark of Mastery. Maybe he connected himself with the Keyblade and the eye since his eyes are unnaturally evil gold.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
It's at least plausible. He certainly didn't believe in Eraqus who mentioned about changing the fate of the Light, you know like back in one of the KH3 trailers.

Top Bottom