Spyro Reignited Trilogy

RedFFWolf

Donator

I can't find the words to express how stoked I am about this. I've been hoping for this since Crash was remade, and have been checking news on a daily basis since rumours popped up last month. Heck, less than 2 hours ago I was only checking and saw a new piece of info regarding an Amazon leak, but was hesitant to think much into it.

But holy shit, this might be the first time I've been legitimately excited about a game before its release - as in proper can't wait to abandon everything for a while when it comes out XD

Somebody hold me! :lol:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I only ever played the second one, but I did always love its sense of humor in the cutscenes before and after each level and such. (Did he always talk?)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i was replaying the first game but got stuck on the final stage/boss platforming :sadpanda:

maybe i will finish it this time :sadpanda:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
This is one of my favourite franchises of all time, can't wait to replay these again <3

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Having never played these games, I'm interested in getting to check them out, because the missus is absolutely over the moon with excitement, because these games were her childhood.

X :neo:

SeaDragon

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sjödraken
It looks awesome! at the time I loved (and consumed) the trilogy, so can't wait to replay them again and die of nostalgia.

Some comparison screenshots:monster:
image.jpg

image.png

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
You know what this means, guys?

FUCKING HI-RES SKATEBOARDING IN THE ENCHANTED TOWERS DUDES

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
My son had just started playing the original on my ex's PS1 when one of our cats punted it to the floor and its untimely demise. I showed him the gameplay and he had whatever the child version of a sexwee is. SO MANY NOSTALGIA FEELS.

RedFFWolf

Donator
I only ever played the second one, but I did always love its sense of humor in the cutscenes before and after each level and such. (Did he always talk?)

He did. He only ever spoke in cutscenes and times such as talking to the dragons he frees in the first Spyro game (though he does taunt the final boss after the final hit). He wouldn't make noises if he was say, struck by an enemy or similar.

i was replaying the first game but got stuck on the final stage/boss platforming :sadpanda:

maybe i will finish it this time :sadpanda:

You will finish it this time. I believe in you. Even though I haven't the power to, well, do anything about it, I at least want to hear you succeed :D

After the initial excitement died down, I was ready to exit the honeymoon phase and think about what could really happen with this game, the worries and whatnot etc..
Nah, fudge that, that's a blatant lie, I'm still completely looking forward to it and will likely be keeping up with the news from now until its release :lol:
But on a relevant note, this blog post by one in the company behind the remake is a pleasant one, for sure.
EDIT: And this video is great, too.

Last edited:

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
I've just come across this video accidentally, and OH MY GOOOOOOOD
I never knew that the Spyro games have been remade!!! :excited:

Now, "Year of the Dragon" was the very first game I played on PS1. It was such a striking change after having played the Dandy console. The game looked so spacious, colourful, incredibly beautiful, and full of adventures that I'm still a sucker for. This purple dragon boy has had a special place in my heart ever since. While I was watching the video above, I couldn't help wondering if I'd love to replay the original games because nostalgia is a bitch, or if I should dive into the remake straight away because it seems to be as faithful to the original as a remake may ever be.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
So I've been playing Spyro Reignited for a while and...

I CAN'T GET OVER HOW BEAUTIFUL THESE GAMES HAVE BECOME

FAiOOe6WUA0e3Gn.jpg

Luckily, I had enough sensibility not to replay the original trilogy, just watched a few favourite levels on YouTube. Reignited makes everything look so SO much better but at the same time I keep thinking: wait, don't tell me it didn't always look like that! I didn't even realise how much I relied on my imagination all the way back in the PS1 days.

Spyro 1 has undegrone the most beautifying treatment. Some of the original worlds or levels were either dull or dark, and I couldn't bother to complete them to a 100%. In Reignited, I can't even recognize some of them, even if the layouts and maps are the same, but the modern graphics and incredible lighting make them look really engaging.

A lot of characters have been redesigned, which I still find hard to get used to, e.g. Sparx looks more like a bug, dragon babies don't look cute in the slightest, Greta and Handel don't seem as dorky as they used to and look more like normal human children, and some other characters lost some of their unique animation. I also miss some of the original NPC voices. But on the other hand, the main cast looks incredible, fairies look more children-friendly, and once again, the overall impression is AAA+. And all in all, such colourful entertainig gaming experience is an absolute must in this gray depressing autumn-to-winter season.

YouTube recommended me a video on the history behind Styro the Dragon and the rest of the games under this name's umbrella, so I'll just leave it here if case you'd like to watch it too.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Almost 45 hours of gameplay later...

I PLATINUM'D THE TRILOGY :excited:

Me at the start: oh come on, these "achievements" are lame, and these cards are for kids.
Me at the end: 105 out of 105 achievemens; shut up and take my money, I want these cards and my first badge on Steam!

It's truly the game of my childhood and the characters and the worlds that I will love forever.

Top Bottom