Square America Boss Leaves

laurence

Pro Adventurer
Hopefully they'll turn the problem into a solution. Mike Fischer focused on the mobile games market if I'm not mistaken, and developing other small projects. That needs to go.

They need leaders to commence paving a path to enter the market of hardcore console games, especially now that next gen is around the corner.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
It's hard to do that when these morons constantly hog handheld shit when they aren't man enough to bring the KH series as well as FFvXIII to the fucking consoles. For years I have waited for vXIII, now I can safely say this is just a weed-like dream that they waved and was not real to begin with.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Hopefully they'll turn the problem into a solution. Mike Fischer focused on the mobile games market if I'm not mistaken, and developing other small projects. That needs to go.

They need leaders to commence paving a path to enter the market of hardcore console games, especially now that next gen is around the corner.

Ehh.

I dont know, I know from a gamer/fan standpoint the mobile game market looks like a cheap cash in, especially the way SE handled it.

But for a company thats been on shaky ground for the better half of a decade now investing there time in a market that is almost guaranteed revenue through micro transactions certainly does not look like a bad idea. Especially when you consider they have to appease share holders whom are keeping the company alive.

Mobile and social platform games are unfortunately most likely here to stay and we just have to deal with more and more of our companies looking to embrace the casual crowd. When it comes to shareholders they would rather go for several million people addicted to a potentially infinite playable game, versus a few million playing an RPG once and not buying any DLC.

We may hate it, it may not be what we as fants want to see from SE or any company but in this day and age its antics like that that keep money coming in so that these companies can eventually make the games we want.

laurence

Pro Adventurer
I agree Gabriel. I don't mean to say social or mobile games will blow away. Sadly they'll just be more of them.

I'm no market expert, but what I was trying to say is that Square ought to concentrate more of their innovative efforts on creating (or finishing) something new for the ''hardcore sector'', of which customers made Square successful in the first place, and can potentially do so again, I'm positively convinced, despite the current market.

My opinion is that they shouldn't jump on the bandwagon and prioritize investment on one market sector (and delay the other), but try to be no.1 in both sectors. I can see why they won't do it, but that doesn't mean I like what they're doing. As long as the profits from small projects can be used to gamble on a big one for next gen, then Kudos to SE.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Aren't they the ones who release the Arkham Asylum series as well as Kayne and Lynch??

Ffxiii1ll

The Pink Dude
AKA
Ffxiii1ll
Aren't they the ones who release the Arkham Asylum series as well as Kayne and Lynch??

I think they released Tomb Raider as well. Btw, I read somewhete an extract of an interview, saying that Ffv was still in construction. I'll search the link this evening.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Ehh.

I dont know, I know from a gamer/fan standpoint the mobile game market looks like a cheap cash in, especially the way SE handled it.

But for a company thats been on shaky ground for the better half of a decade now investing there time in a market that is almost guaranteed revenue through micro transactions certainly does not look like a bad idea. Especially when you consider they have to appease share holders whom are keeping the company alive.

Mobile and social platform games are unfortunately most likely here to stay and we just have to deal with more and more of our companies looking to embrace the casual crowd. When it comes to shareholders they would rather go for several million people addicted to a potentially infinite playable game, versus a few million playing an RPG once and not buying any DLC.

We may hate it, it may not be what we as fants want to see from SE or any company but in this day and age its antics like that that keep money coming in so that these companies can eventually make the games we want.

Be that as it may, Square Enix is really the only company that's taking the mobile thing to an annoying level. Mobile games or no, other companies are still delivering satisfying full fledged games consistently.

Except Square Enix.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I don't understand why Mike Fischer's departure would mean the death of Square Enix.

Honestly, I don't think people are being fair to the company, despite mistakes made by some of its people.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Didn't they already say they're getting out of the whole mobile games thing?

An unnecessarily harsh reaction of course, but I'll take it.

Lex

Administrator
Couldn't find the interview, but I found that : http://www.examiner.com/article/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-publisher-teases-big-reveal-at-e3-2013
Still rather vague, but what is sure is that we'll have to wait for a while ^^'

You have made the mistake of stumbling upon an article by Shui Ta, a person whose access to the internet should be removed entirely.

Every article he posts contains dated and often incorrect information with a completely misleading title. He posts about 10 articles per day. If Square Enix breathe, he posts an article about it, titled "Final Fantasy Versus XIII Publisher Breathes".

Report it if you accidentally come across it, and don't visit the Examiner otherwise. If you acknowledge it it'll just keep coming back.

DOWN WITH SHUI TA.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Y'know, I prefer handheld gaming to console gaming. You can play a handheld system anytime and anywhere and assuming this system is yours personally there's no fighting over who gets to play it(a problem if you live with other gamers and the console is shared), or anybody wanting to watch TV while you want to play your console(though the Wii U averts this problem by allowing Off-TV play). So I don't really mind all the portable KH games.

Though I wonder how this guy leaving will affect American gamers.

Ffxiii1ll

The Pink Dude
AKA
Ffxiii1ll
You have made the mistake of stumbling upon an article by Shui Ta, a person whose access to the internet should be removed entirely.

Every article he posts contains dated and often incorrect information with a completely misleading title. He posts about 10 articles per day. If Square Enix breathe, he posts an article about it, titled "Final Fantasy Versus XIII Publisher Breathes".

Report it if you accidentally come across it, and don't visit the Examiner otherwise. If you acknowledge it it'll just keep coming back.

DOWN WITH SHUI TA.
Ok then, thanks :). Shame I can't find this interview again :S

Top Bottom