• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Square charging for 1st class edition preorders early

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Heyo, I just got this email and figured I should inform everyone:
sqee.JPG
This is a pretty strange move for them to make, and I know a lot of people who were going to save up money for it are about to be caught off guard. Strange.

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Never got the email myself, but did go and pay the entire thing off as a result of hearing about it. Amusingly my order summary says "Free!" next to the PAK Cloud + H. Daytona item, but not next to the lanyard which actually is free.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Who needs money for Christmas right?

:monster:

This was extremely inconvenient and inconsiderate on the part of S-E but seeing as how I ordered it and want it, I went ahead and paid it.

This ends up being a blessing in disguise anyways since now my funds are freed for March and obtaining that exquisite work of art that is the Battle of Destiny statue for FFIX.

... I swear though, if S-E pulls some shit regarding that however, I'm going to be fucking more than annoyed.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
People who work at SE? :monster:

Pfft. :P

Going by the email's stated intent, I somehow doubt my early payment is going towards the Holiday income of their staffers especially since its merchandise. Square probably realized how few the quantities of the SOLDIER 1st Class were in relation to demand and wanted to separate those serious about the purchase versus those who'd probably flake out. And this frees more stock for customers willing to put cash on the barrel for this edition.

Square could have avoided all this by simply not opening the pre-order all the way back in June, a full 9 months from release or just simply asked for payment or a down payment then. Alas, it is what it is.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
It sucks for me because I had to cancel a lot of other things I wanted to get this month, but I guess it's nice to not have to worry about it in march, but christmas is gonna be a stretch for sure... :(

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
I suppose if you somehow set up a payment method that definitely won't work you could put it off, since the intention is to try and get the money at several different points before the final "deadline"

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
An update email regarding pre-orders:

Hello –
Thank you for reserving your copy of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - 1st Class Edition [PS4]. Despite communication you may have received about taking payment on December 4th and following further review, we are extending the payment due date for your pre-order.

To that end, payment processing will begin on Wednesday, January 22, 2020. We will send out a reminder email on Monday, January 20, 2020 asking you to make sure your payment method is up to date on your account. Once your payment has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email letting you know that your copy of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - 1st Class Edition [PS4] has been secured.

If you would like to expedite the payment process, you can pay for your pre-order now by logging in to your Square Enix Store account, searching “MY ORDERS” and then clicking on the “DEBIT NOW” button.

Thank you once again.
Square Enix Store Team

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Glad they decided to back up on this one. That was a really dumb thing to pull just before Christmas regardless of their reasoning.
I feel bad for those that have essentially already lost out due to cancelling though.

EDIT: Europe confirming this as being the case as well, just to clear any doubt.

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Thanks for this reminder, SE's email went to my junk folder.

It reminded me that I needed to cancel my 1st Class Edition preorder. I had a big move a couple of months ago and downsized my possessions. Don't want to deal with that again. Hey, if I had a big house and lots of money you can bet your buns I'd buy every Remake Play Arts Kai available, but oh well.

Reactions: LNK

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
Heyo, I just got this email and figured I should inform everyone:
View attachment 4319
This is a pretty strange move for them to make, and I know a lot of people who were going to save up money for it are about to be caught off guard. Strange.

I really don't understand the fuss over 1st Class edition. For the money you don't really get much.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Who needs money for Christmas right?

:monster:

This was extremely inconvenient and inconsiderate on the part of S-E but seeing as how I ordered it and want it, I went ahead and paid it.

This ends up being a blessing in disguise anyways since now my funds are freed for March and obtaining that exquisite work of art that is the Battle of Destiny statue for FFIX.

... I swear though, if S-E pulls some shit regarding that however, I'm going to be fucking more than annoyed.
I'm working on getting all of the bring arts figures, I just can't spend that much for one figure. 9 is my favorite of all time, but that price tag is a little too much lol

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
It's really just for hoarders like me who collect all that junk. I have nearly all the FFVII PAKs, so there was no way I was passing up this figure. I feel like most people are probably better off with the deluxe edition.
I agree! I bought the deluxe edition for myself. Got the first class with the intentions of selling it in a few years

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer

Keep an eye on your e-mails because Square REALLY wants to make sure you're committed, I guess.

Apparently you are asked even if you chose to debit already. Not sure if all regions affected. US only affected. Includes Deluxe edition orders as well.

Edit: Someone already put it in another thread but to be honest it should be here as well

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Me, waiting in the wings:

giphy.gif

Top Bottom