• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Square-Enix Announce Their Own E3 Press Conference

Lex

Administrator
Interesting.

Final Fantasy 15 publisher Square Enix has announced its own E3 press conference, due to take place on Tuesday, 16th June at 5pm UK time.

The event will be streamed live on Twitch and YouTube, or you'll be able to watch the whole thing here with Eurogamer's usual brand of commentary (will this be the year of tucked or untucked shirts?).

Square Enix usually leaves its games to be showcased in the conferences of platform holders such as Microsoft and Sony. It's unusual that it is holding its own conference this year but, equally unusually, so is Bethesda.

Final Fantasy 15 will undoubtedly have a huge presence (and maybe also a release date?), alongside already-announced upcoming titles such as Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Just Cause 3.

We're also likely to see new content for MMO Final Fantasy 14, and maybe more Rise of the Tomb Raider (although Microsoft may choose to keep this timed-exclusive to its own show).

And what else? We'll have our fingers crossed for a second season confirmation of the excellent Life is Strange, and wince when Square Enix announces another Final Fantasy remaster instead.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
:pleasebeexcited:

Prediction of the content:

80% mobile games
5% making a big deal out of the FFVII PS4 port
14% possibly actually interesting console stuff
1% FFXV release date announcement

I don't actually believe in the last one

Lex

Administrator
They'll spend a bit of time on Deus Ex and possibly Tomb Raider. FF will be present of course, but feck knows in what way. FFXIV: definitely. FFXV: probably.

I wouldn't be surprised if Deus Ex pulls most of the focus tbh.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
If you don't have any expectations you can't be disappointed. That's how I operate with Squeenix.

Here's hoping that Square Enix messes this up in more ways than one. I want to laugh good again, like when they announced the FFVII PS4 release. :D Great times.

Splintered

unsavory tart
They'll spend a bit of time on Deus Ex and possibly Tomb Raider. FF will be present of course, but feck knows in what way. FFXIV: definitely. FFXV: probably.

I wouldn't be surprised if Deus Ex pulls most of the focus tbh.
Yeah. They mostly push their western titles in e3 with the japanese titles for Jump Festa or something.

Hopefully if they have are dropping money on a conference it means that they'll put all their cards on the table... it's probably not cheap. So FFXV and Kingdom Hearts.

That said, I've been wondering if this means they have a ton more titles to announce, or if it's because Wada left and this is the new direction they are taking it.

For FFXIV, the new expansion actually comes before e3, so that kills some of the excitement. There's the new Dissidia, but it's got a year of exclusivity in Japanese arcades first. There's the new Type 0 that was hinted at. The new Star Ocean is being published by Squeenix as well.

Awhile ago they announced that they would put up a poll and publish a game they hold the titles to that the most gamers chose. I don't remember if they announced the titles but perhaps we'll get to see how development is there.

I know there's a good number of mobile games they release, but I hope they don't focus on that because I feel like the target audience is wary of it, it'll backfire heavily on them, even if they are pretty solid. They seem to be making strides with Mobius, for example, but eh.

Top Bottom