• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Square Enix CEO Comments On Final Fantasy VII Remake

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/03/22/square-enix-ceo-comments-on-final-fantasy-vii-remake/

Yoshinori Kitase (Director), Motomu Toriyama (Planner), and thousands of fans are keen on a Final Fantasy VII remake. Now hear what the head honcho of Square Enix thinks about the topic.

“Right now we don’t have a clear direction, but many fans have requested we remake Final Fantasy VII,” said Yoichi Wada, President and CEO of Square Enix, said to Siliconera during an interview at the Final Fantasy XIII launch party. “We’re going to explore the possibility – whether or not we’re going to do it, if we’re going to do it, and the platform.”

I asked Wada-san his thoughts about a Final Fantasy remake, perhaps a PSP one if he felt a PlayStation 3 remake was too costly. Look for the full interview later this week.

Keep teasing us...

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
I'm not sure if I'd bother to buy it if it was on PSP. It would ruin the epicness.

Although knowing me I'd buy it anyway.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
If their going to do it for the PSP they might as well not even do it.

they're :monster:

If I'm going to buy FFVII on the PSP it'll be the original version. Or, you know, I could just go play it on the PS2 as well. :P

I think the suits of gaming companies should not talk. At all. Ever. Just shut up and eat your money.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
This isn't even remotely amusing or entertaining anymore.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
*picks up the gun lying next to Vendel and MOG's dead body and shoots himself too*

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
perhaps a PSP one if he felt a PlayStation 3 remake was too costly.

tiduscry.jpg

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Can't you already play the original FFVII on the PSP anyway? (And legally.) What's the point there?

Just make it for the DS already and be done with it :monster:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
He blatantly means that its going to be an Xbox exclusive. The PS3 fanbase make it a risky venture.

Althea

Pro Adventurer
AKA
myfinalheaven
@Oerba Yun Fang: Then again wasn't FFVII one of the catalysts for the success of the PS1 as well, could be way off there, but a remake on the PS3 would certainly boost sales, especially to the newer members of the fandom who were introduced to it through other parts of the compilation and want to play the game with OMGAWESUM!!!11!!! graphics, and not blocks running around (<3 blocks)

At this stage I wish they would not bother commenting on it, it's getting old. Either reveal you are making it or not making it and be quiet. Either way Im content as the blocks don't bother me.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
To be honest, I think PS3 sales would be good, given how FFXIII came out last December (March outside of Japan), then God of War 3 is coming out now, and they have Gran Turismo 5 to come out... well, at some point in the future! And wasn't FFXIV coming out on 2010, too?

If that's the case, in the end, they will not need immediate sales' boost, because they will still have FFVersusXIII, so if the remake of VII was coming just because of that, then it's not happening soon.

Either way, I'm also pissed at the: We're doing it - no we're not - or are we? - sure, but not now - but we'll do it? - hmm... change of mind, we're not.

Do it, or don't do it, but stop being an a*s, puhleeeaze!

PS: On a side-note, I also <3 blocks, so no problem for me, even if I'm curious about how would a remake look (and play) like.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Either way, I'm also pissed at the: We're doing it - no we're not - or are we? - sure, but not now - but we'll do it? - hmm... change of mind, we're not.

Grand Turismo 5's case is even worse: "We are gonna release it, yes, yes, very soon." *months later* "Oh wait until we finish some things and we will release it, but be patient, you will have it very soon, we promise..." I take these guys from GT5 even less seriously than the guys from SE. I hope I can see the game before my retirement age :awesome:

Top Bottom