• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Square Enix CEO Comments On Final Fantasy VII Remake

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
I will be fine without a remake. I don't know why everyone is getting their panties in a twist about this. I mean the game was good enough that it doesn't necessarily need to be revamped, although it would be interesting to see.

How about less FFVII remake possibility statements and more Versus info?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I will be fine without a remake. I don't know why everyone is getting their panties in a twist about this. I mean the game was good enough that it doesn't necessarily need to be revamped, although it would be interesting to see.

How about less FFVII remake possibility statements and more Versus info?

Nomura said in a recent interview that he is being prevented from revealing more.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Grand Turismo 5's case is even worse: "We are gonna release it, yes, yes, very soon." *months later* "Oh wait until we finish some things and we will release it, but be patient, you will have it very soon, we promise..."

And then later: "Official Release Date: March 2010", followed by "You know what? Nah, we're not releasing on March 2010!"

As much as I want the game to come out... it's impossible to take them seriously.

On a side note, I would also like to have more Versus XIII information...

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Square have obtained that gun that's been going around and are holding it to an innocent bunny's head to stop Nomura from talking.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
The only way any of this would be funny is if they were to suddenly jump out and say, "GOTCHA! WE'VE BEEN WORKING ON IT THE WHOLE TIME!!"

But we all know that isn't going to happen.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
They said a few years ago that the Compilation would end on FFVII's 20th birthday. That would be in 7 (damn, the number, again!) years time. And I had calculated they'd at least get two more things, one being the sequel to DoC and the other one being the remake. Two games in 7 years? I think it's doable, but still...

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Only if they wrap up what they have now very quickly and not start any other projects.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
That's exactly what I meant by "I think it's doable, but still..."

They should put a lot of effort in it, for the game/s to be out within that time frame.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
They just knocked 13 out of the park so they do have room for another project, but the smart thing would be to focus those resources on finishing Versus.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I don't know about you guys, but to me it feels like Nomura wants Versus XIII to be some kind of "Once-in-a-lifetime-game". You know, as if he wanted to turn Versus XIII into "Nomura's masterpiece", or something like that. I never got the same keep-it-secret feeling with any other Final Fantasy.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Maybe by next week SE will change it up a little and say "Final Fantasy VII Remake? What the blazes are you talking about? What's this 'Final Fantasy VII'?"

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I don't know about you guys, but to me it feels like Nomura wants Versus XIII to be some kind of "Once-in-a-lifetime-game". You know, as if he wanted to turn Versus XIII into "Nomura's masterpiece", or something like that. I never got the same keep-it-secret feeling with any other Final Fantasy.

That's funny, seeing as how Versus has the potential to polarize the fanbase even moreso than XIII.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
I'll laugh if SE does a Final Fantasy VIII or a Final Fantasy IX remake before VII.
The hardcore Final Fantasy VII fanboys would be so. pissed. off :lol:

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
I don't think Mako will ever recover from that kind of insanity.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
^Then he will quest for the Black Materia and summon Meteor, so he can create a new world where a FFVII remake will be possible. I'd do it :monster:

Last edited:

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
I can't find a pic of a black guy in a Sephiroth costume, can anyone help me out here?

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I can't find a pic of a black guy in a Sephiroth costume, can anyone help me out here?

article-1091626-02ADA4DD000005DC-950_468x349_popup.jpg

ghettoroth

Top Bottom