• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Square Enix CEO Comments On Final Fantasy VII Remake

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I'll laugh if SE does a Final Fantasy VIII or a Final Fantasy IX remake before VII.
The hardcore Final Fantasy VII fanboys would be so. pissed. off
It would make this board absolutely hilarious

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I wouldn't mind a IX remake so long as it keeps the toon style.

I wouldn't really call super-deformed "toon style". Now LoZ: Wind Waker, that's SD AND toon style.

And I'd totally be ok with an FF8 remake. It had a shitload of content,towns and whatnot that made it pretty damn fun.

I'd just hope they'd make some upgrades to combat to make the player more involved it's what's going on.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Huh.

I thought Dac took care of the closed circuit cameras that night...

Way to go at slacking off, asshole. You're gonna get us killed or something. Ass.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Among other things. I wouldn't get rid of it entirely though, I liked snatching GFs from bosses.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
People need to gfto, dissing the FFVIII battle system. Just cause it was too hard for you mediocre dunces, doesn't mean you have to spoil it for the rest of us. :awesome:

LRN2JUNCTION, fgts.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
PUNY SeeDs!!

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
They should probably just change April Fools Day to "Trick the Shit out of Quexinos" Day.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
article-1091626-02ADA4DD000005DC-950_468x349_popup.jpg

ghettoroth

only black people. :awesome:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I wouldn't really call super-deformed "toon style". Now LoZ: Wind Waker, that's SD AND toon style.

Well you know what I mean. Keep the SD style, then.

One thing I sometimes ponder about the compilation is, should it have been more realistic? The original game seemed a bit more anime-inspired. Maybe it would have been better had they kept that.

But yeah, I just don't want IX to loose its style. :(

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
They should probably just change April Fools Day to "Trick the Shit out of Quexinos" Day.

But there was pictures :(

Although I said I won't believe it until I see actual scans.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Well you know what I mean. Keep the SD style, then.

One thing I sometimes ponder about the compilation is, should it have been more realistic? The original game seemed a bit more anime-inspired. Maybe it would have been better had they kept that.

But yeah, I just don't want IX to loose its style. :(

Maybe if it had they wouldn't have ruined Tifa's design for me. Now she looks like a generic asian model imo. I prefer her exotic red eyed dolphin tailed hair look.

She looks fine in AC, but meh.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
I wouldn't mind a IX remake so long as it keeps the toon style.

That would be nice, but see Gackt would be in it in some red outfit, reading poems to Garnet and that was like years before she was born and it wouldn't make sense but who cares, it'll have Gackt!....

Stupid SE and their JPOP.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
As much as I like Gackt, who needs him when you can have Kuja? :monster:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
As much as I like Gackt, who needs him when you can have Kuja? :monster:
Stupid sexy Kuja...

Really, there's only four things I'd like to see changed with any of the FF battle systems:

1) four party members, like the earlier FF games and IX.
2) the ability to switch any party member out of/in to the party, like in X and XII.
3) the ability to have some party members computer controlled, as in XII.
4) the ability to have another person control some party members via other control pads, as with IX.

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
SE sucks at getting things out on time... if they did decided to remake FFVII, by the time they started it would be way too late. The 20th anniversary would be passed.

SOS_S_U_Z_U_M_I_Y_A

[ S ] O L D I E R.|G|IRL
AKA
L.Farron
Well, Seeing as the other games made little altercations to the game storyline [meaning the appearances of the fangirl magnet "Ick" Gackt aka Genesis and Angeal] I can see how a remake would be a little hard, They would have to alter the flashbacks and a few scenes to make those characters fit into a remake. Other than that. Yeah, I hope they do a perfect remake [For example, RE1 for the gamecube] Upgrade graphics, Keep the emotion and what not from the storyline and characters without any changes and you're all set! Oh and one important thing. They should also keep the battle system the same or upgrade it to something more groundbreaking instead of going the FFXIII route. That was kinda bleh to get used to.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I actually don't think too much would have to be edited. Remember, Cloud didn't really know Genesis and Angeal and he doesn't know how they would be relevant to the goings on of the game. He didn't even know Genesis was at the reactor.

I think they'll be okay. :monster:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Well, Seeing as the other games made little altercations to the game storyline [meaning the appearances of the fangirl magnet "Ick" Gackt aka Genesis and Angeal] I can see how a remake would be a little hard, They would have to alter the flashbacks and a few scenes to make those characters fit into a remake. Other than that. Yeah, I hope they do a perfect remake [For example, RE1 for the gamecube] Upgrade graphics, Keep the emotion and what not from the storyline and characters without any changes and you're all set! Oh and one important thing. They should also keep the battle system the same or upgrade it to something more groundbreaking instead of going the FFXIII route. That was kinda bleh to get used to.
I believe you mean 'alterations' not 'altercations', since that means they are physically beating up the game storyline. :monster:

Top Bottom