• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Square Enix Fails To Anticipate Final Fantasy VII Remake Demand

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
I actually think Steve Burton is absolutely fine. His performance has improved from AC anyway.

Yuffie's is fine. Aerith's feels perfect to me. Barrett's is fine. Cid's was a little wtf at first but I can live with it. Red sounds too soft to me. Zack's is fine. Vincent's is awesome. Sephiroth's is fine. I can't understand Cait Sith.

Tifa's irks me the most. Rachel Leigh Cook's voice is too...smooth for the character. Also, she sounded different in Dirge of Cerberus yet it was still Cook. Her best job was Kingdom Hearts II to be honest.

Also, I would have liked Sephiroth with British accent when watching the movie in English. A refined accent sounds more evil, imo :monster:

A smug-sarky accent. Like an Oxford lecturer or something. I like this.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
English doesn't always = Refined. I totally just pictured ACC, only Sephiroth had a Cockney accent. And it was not cool at all.

Oxford might work, but really I'm just gonna stick with his Japanese VA. I like to read while I watch movies anyway, I turn on the subtitles for movies that were made in English :monster:

jelly

Pro Adventurer
Wow, there's a lot people who aren't crazy about the VAs. At most, it seems that people think the English was alright, and the Japanese was a lot better. And yet, there's all these people who want a remake.

Since it's going to be a game, not a movie, I don't think they're going to allow for Japanese voices as an option. It's not fair for those who don't understand Japanese and who won't be able to import a different region PS3 and copy of the game.

But I actually don't have a heavy preference for the Japanese or English version. They were both mediocre in my opinion. And I watch both versions depending on my mood.

Although I do agree about Rachel Cook being Tifa's voice. I think she did a good job being spunky Tifa the Heartless Slayer in Kingdom Hearts, but as a mommy and a clearly changed and grown up woman in the movie, Ms. Ito and her soothing husky voice was a lot better.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Since it's going to be a game, not a movie, I don't think they're going to allow for Japanese voices as an option.
Wat. What does it being a game and not a movie have to do with anything? Plenty of games, including RPGs have included dual audio as an option, there's no excuse now, especially with bluray, unless you bog the disc down with unnecessary high res prerendered cutscenes that are almost entirely uncompressed.
It's not fair for those who don't understand Japanese and who won't be able to import a different region PS3 and copy of the game
What the hell.

Also, Tifa didn't change much after 7 if at all, if Case of Tifa is anything to go by. She went right back to Seventh Heaven, and started looking after Marlene while Barret was out again. She didn't need to "grow up" she's always dealt with the responsibility of looking after other people. She just got one more kid to look after, and had to deal with Cloud's emotional whiplash. Also, lol mommy.

Also Ito? Husky? Really? Because at several points she sounded like a mouse spitting japanese.

Last edited:

jelly

Pro Adventurer
Wat. What does it being a game and not a movie have to do with anything? Plenty of games, including RPGs have included dual audio as an option, there's no excuse now, especially with bluray, unless you bog the disc down with unnecessary high res prerendered cutscenes that are almost entirely uncompressed.
What the hell.

I've played rpgs with Japanese and English. I said "probably" because it just doesn't seem to be the trend in Final Fantasy.

Also, Tifa didn't change much after 7 if at all, if Case of Tifa is anything to go by. She went right back to Seventh Heaven, and started looking after Marlene while Barret was out again. She didn't need to "grow up" she's always dealt with the responsibility of looking after other people. She just got one more kid to look after, and had to deal with Cloud's emotional whiplash. Also, lol mommy.
You're disagreeing with a lot of people here.

And I didn't meant grow up as in she was too immature and out of it before.

Also Ito? Husky? Really? Because at several points she sounded like a mouse spitting japanese.
Nomura picked her for her light and husky voice.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I've played rpgs with Japanese and English. I said "probably" because it just doesn't seem to be the trend in Final Fantasy.

It is a trend in Japan, just not for the rest of us.

Wait while I go change my opinion.

Then he doesn't know what the meaning of the word is either.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

It is a trend in Japan, just not for the rest of us.

Wait while I go change my opinion.

Then he doesn't know what the meaning of the word is either.

Unless husky means sqeaky in japan, Imma have to say no, her voice isn't husky.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

jelly

Pro Adventurer
Means we might get lucky, especially on a high profile project like the remake.

And we're back full circle. Yeah, I "think" we "might" "probably" get lucky.

I thought you'd say I'd say that.

I'll say ditto too. I'll take a vowel for 500 while I'm at it.
So attacking my opinion and feeling it's not right to change someone else's opinion? It's almost like you're having a conversation with yourself.

I wasn't telling you to go change your opinion. Which is why I didn't bother for debating on that point. I was more or less surprised that you acted like you've never seen anyone else who's seen it that way before.

The dictionary and I both do, so BOO ON YOU.
):

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
So attacking my opinion and feeling it's not right to change someone else's opinion? It's almost like you're having a conversation with yourself.

I wasn't telling you to go change your opinion. Which is why I didn't bother for debating on that point. I was more or less surprised that you acted like you've never seen anyone else who's seen it that way before.

Lolwat. You might want to reevaluate this cappy-tan.

I never told you to change anything derp. Also, disputing an opinion=/=attacking.

Last edited:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
So attacking my opinion and feeling it's not right to change someone else's opinion?

Maybe your opinion shouldn't be so wrong then.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Oh okay. I guess I'll have to appreciate your "LoL WAT"s at my opinions.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
I hope that you makes you feel better

Nothing short of an ice cold twelve back of cola with 2 bacon cheeseburgers, a ps3 with god of war III, and a blowjob can do that hunny.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Wow, there's a lot people who aren't crazy about the VAs. At most, it seems that people think the English was alright, and the Japanese was a lot better. And yet, there's all these people who want a remake.

Since it's going to be a game, not a movie, I don't think they're going to allow for Japanese voices as an option. It's not fair for those who don't understand Japanese and who won't be able to import a different region PS3 and copy of the game.

The logic does not follow.
IF they allow dual audio in a remake, they can perfectly well do so IN the US release, like they do with Anime DVDs. It's not unfair at all to the people who don't understand JP- BTW Subtitles are standard on voiced games- nor to people who cannot import games (and you don't NEED to import your PS3.) because it would be the English game. And have the English language VA as well.

jelly

Pro Adventurer
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I don't hate you, and I love the game.

Nothing short of an ice cold twelve back of cola with 2 bacon cheeseburgers, a ps3 with god of war III, and a blowjob can do that hunny.

That's too bad.

The logic does not follow.
IF they allow dual audio in a remake, they can perfectly well do so IN the US release, like they do with Anime DVDs. It's not unfair at all to the people who don't understand JP- BTW Subtitles are standard on voiced games- nor to people who cannot import games (and you don't NEED to import your PS3.) because it would be the English game. And have the English language VA as well.

I thought so too with the other Final Fantasy titles.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog

Oh man, fucking tell me about it. I totally feel that, bro.

...I have nothing else to contribute to this topic.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I just noticed I put "twelve back" instead of pack.

Just fucking lol.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Who the fuck would mistake Ms. Ito's voice for husky? Jesus, was Nomura so focused on a set of belts and zippers that his hearing went out or something?

jelly

Pro Adventurer
I'm starting to regret bringing that up. I forgot that most Westerners think all Asian women sound like they're talking out of their nose.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I forgot that most Westerners think all Asian women sound like they're talking out of their nose.

DERP D DERP DERP

She doesn't sound husky,= us saying all japanese women sound the same.

Fail to the max.

Even in comparison to Aerith she doesn't sound husky.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Ayumi Ito doesn't have a nasally voice, but neither is it husky. Breathy might be a good adjective.

Though speaking of Aerith Sakamoto can do a husky voice, though she doesn't do it as Aerith.

Top Bottom