• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Square Enix has no plans to remaster Crisis Core

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Square Enix has no plans to remaster PSP games Crisis Core or 3rd Birthday

Game director Hajime Tabata explained how a HD version of Type-0 had "audience demand" since the PSP edition wasn't released in the West, and called it a "very strong reason" to undergo such a project.

"This kind of project [Final Fantasy Type-0 HD] requires a lot of thought to get right and we can't just go about remastering PSP games for the sake of it," he told Digital Spy.

"You need to put a lot of thought and effort into this kind of thing to make it something worthwhile.

"Type-0 was remastered because of audience demand, so there was a very strong reason for us to work on it and deliver it to players.

"It's not enough for us to simply want to do a remastered edition because we like a game, there has to be a stronger reason for it happening."

Tabata continued: "Crisis Core and 3rd Birthday have been released around the world already, so there's much less reason for the audience to want to see it released again.

"We always consider where the value is in doing a project like this and Type-0 had significant value where other games didn't have so much."

Tabata added that if there were ever any plans to revisit the two games, they would be "full remakes" rather than HD remasters.

"[We'd] go back and change everything from the graphics, to how loading works and everything else to make it fully native to the latest generation of hardware," he said.

"That might be worth doing, but a remaster probably wouldn't."

I guess SE still doesn't like money all that much.

It's #1 on Amazon US, #5 Amazon UK, and #15 on Amazon Japan.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Tabata added that if there were ever any plans to revisit the two games, they would be "full remakes" rather than HD remasters.

"[We'd] go back and change everything from the graphics, to how loading works and everything else to make it fully native to the latest generation of hardware," he said.

:watchingu: I see you there Tabata... very gently baiting fans that full remakes are a possibility.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Square Enix has no plans to remaster PSP games Crisis Core or 3rd Birthday

Game director Hajime Tabata explained how a HD version of Type-0 had "audience demand" since the PSP edition wasn't released in the West, and called it a "very strong reason" to undergo such a project.

"This kind of project [Final Fantasy Type-0 HD] requires a lot of thought to get right and we can't just go about remastering PSP games for the sake of it," he told Digital Spy.

"You need to put a lot of thought and effort into this kind of thing to make it something worthwhile.

"Type-0 was remastered because of audience demand, so there was a very strong reason for us to work on it and deliver it to players.

"It's not enough for us to simply want to do a remastered edition because we like a game, there has to be a stronger reason for it happening."

Tabata continued: "Crisis Core and 3rd Birthday have been released around the world already, so there's much less reason for the audience to want to see it released again.

"We always consider where the value is in doing a project like this and Type-0 had significant value where other games didn't have so much."

"That might be worth doing, but a remaster probably wouldn't."
I guess SE still doesn't like money all that much.

It's #1 on Amazon US, #5 Amazon UK, and #15 on Amazon Japan.

This is like old news from months ago. I'd rather Tabata revisit Before Crisis and fully remake that instead of remaking Crisis Core since, well, that just needs a HD remaster, but I guess he's right as it's been released around the world already. But still, remake Before Crisis because that's another game that hasn't been released outside Japan either.

3rd Birthday doesn't interest me that much, though.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, I know it's old. But didn't see anything more recent posted about it. Granted maybe they would have said something different if this was brought up after the FFVII remake was announced.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
They'll probably do a remake of CC in a few years after VII's is over. :monster: I like how he says 'IF we did it... it'd be a full remake..." Okay, I guess I can accept that for a HD CC Sephi--er, no what? That's not my reasons. Not at all. :awesome:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
They'll probably do a remake of CC in a few years after VII's is over. I like how he says 'IF we did it... it'd be a full remake..." Okay, I guess I can accept that for a HD CC Sephi--er, no what? That's not my reasons. Not at all. :awesome:

Wouldn't it be better if they remade BC before going for CC? I mean, BC was the second game of the FFVII universe to be released, if you look back at history.

FFVII in 1997(I was five years old and didn't hear about it at the time), BC in 2004(not in english but only on mobile), AC movie in 2005(released world wide a year later), DOC in 2006, and CC was the last game title of the series which was released 8 years ago in 2007 in Japan and was released in English a year later, and then ACC in 2009.

And let's not forget the Biography Turks FFVII book in 2011.

If they're remaking the original game now, then they would remake BC and then make a new sequel set after DOC...if they decide to continue the Compilation of FFVII...which I sadly doubt.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Only 15 more years until they do it.

Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, but it'll take another decade before we see FFVII remake, and I betcha that it'll end up moving up to PS5 like FFXV ended up.

As for the Compilation itself, as much as I want them to continue...that's never gonna happen.:(

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Tasha said:
I'd rather Tabata revisit Before Crisis and fully remake that instead of remaking Crisis Core since, well, that just needs a HD remaster, but I guess he's right as it's been released around the world already. But still, remake Before Crisis because that's another game that hasn't been released outside Japan either.
Seconded.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I actually didn't realize how long ago BC was made. It'd be interesting if they remade it, because it's all about the Turks and I loved that Lateral Biography novel you guys translated; though being honest, I myself would look forward to a remake of CC before BC's.

And I wholly believe VII's remake will be out within four years. Seems like with Tabata on board, they're getting stuff back on track. Hopefully. :monster:

On the plus side the lack of a remaster, indeed a re-release of any kind, means that my work load with Crisis Core version research won't increase anytime soon. :awesomonster:

Starling

Pro Adventurer
If we're talking full remake, they could finaly fix up all the consistency issues and rewrite some parts to be overall better. Maybe they could bundle CC and BC together, since they deal with similar time ranges.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Didn't SE also say they would never remake FFVII because it would be too hard?

Maybe they meant that because the technology back then in the era of PS3 wasn't good enough for a remake. Now that FFXV is gonna be released for PS4, I guess they finally found the right Techology to finally make it a reality, and that they were sick and tired of people's constant nagging and demands for the remake. Just my theory at least.

I actually didn't realize how long ago BC was made. It'd be interesting if they remade it, because it's all about the Turks and I loved that Lateral Biography novel you guys translated; though being honest, I myself would look forward to a remake of CC before BC's.

And I wholly believe VII's remake will be out within four years. Seems like with Tabata on board, they're getting stuff back on track. Hopefully.

Time flies a lot faster as people grow up, and you don't even notice it until something reminds you. I still remember things that I did five years ago and that didn't seem very long. Anyway, yeah, BC had it's tenth anniversary last year, but no one brought it up. I'd love a remake of that, and I'm with you on the Lateral Biography novel.

However, I don't care about CC's remake, because that can easily be ported to IOS or wait until BC would be remade(if it'll be remade)

Knowing Nomura, he'll take another decade with the remake, and I doubt Tabata would be on board again as he wants to do the stupid sequel to Type-0 which would make no sense.

If we're talking full remake, they could finaly fix up all the consistency issues and rewrite some parts to be overall better. Maybe they could bundle CC and BC together, since they deal with similar time ranges.

They bundled one scene from "Episode of Reno" with Crisis Core together at the fountain where Zack tried to save Cissnei from two Genesis's clones.

Top Bottom