• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Square Enix increasing its inhouse development team

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I'm thinking about back in February when, "Nomura said that he wanted to show a video but the office disallowed it." and what all that had to do with where things are going now insofar as who felt what way about what had been done thus far.

X :neo:

*Winces*

Now I'm a little worried about E3. I try not to give into the mob mentality of "OH NO NOMURA/SQUARE ARE FAIL!!!!" but if Square really has decided to scrap content, even I'm gonna throw in the towel if they've decided their collective ego is more important than delivering what looked like a fairly promising product.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
*Winces*

Now I'm a little worried about E3. I try not to give into the mob mentality of "OH NO NOMURA/SQUARE ARE FAIL!!!!" but if Square really has decided to scrap content, even I'm gonna throw in the towel if they've decided their collective ego is more important than delivering what looked like a fairly promising product.

I'm not getting where the idea that Square Enix is scrapping already made content is coming from/supported by. The only news we have that development has shifted to complete in-house now, that's not nearly enough information IMO to decide whether that is potentially negative or positive development.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
*Winces*

I'm not getting where the idea that Square Enix is scrapping already made content is coming from/supported by. The only news we have that development has shifted to complete in-house now, that's not nearly enough information IMO to decide whether that is potentially negative or positive development.

Of course not. But the fact is this close to E3, tensions are mounting. It can be very easy to look at Square in a bad light, given their fantastically poor marketing decisions.

We don't know when exactly the change over was made, and it's within the realm of possibility that Square vetoed the video because of the severance. It'd be just the sort of hair brained thing the more conservative board members would do. Japanese game companies are kinda big on making ego-decisions (See Konami vs Kojima) Square rides a lot on it's image, and they have refused to make the game based on pride issues before. Wada was infamous for ranting about VII being bad for their company image.

So while I do doubt this is the case, I'm not going to pretend its beyond the realm of possibility.

Top Bottom