• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Square Enix Members group?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
http://member.square-enix.com/na/fanzone/groups/grouptop.php?gid=91

So...is everyone still down with the idea of utilizing the TLS group at the SE members site to bring more attention here? Would be nice to have more people joining to up the member count (might look more attractive to others) also it would be nice to consult with someone on what to put there and what to say about each news article and what have you.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
When posting about stuff, do you copy it to the Members site or just write a little bit and link here?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'd suggest writing a summary and linking to TLS itself, i.e. 'omg check this oud clod & mukki r canon!1! <link>. That would draw attention to us, instead of just copying the news from us, :monster:.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Because I was going to say, more links plz :monster:

Doing it too much might look like you're just advertising, and I don't know what their policy on that is, but if it's something long or images, you should be able to get away with it possibly maybe :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Although I'm kinda wondering if it's a good idea to post links on the official Square-Enix site when we have content that kinda violates their copyrights. o.O

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
What content violates their copyright....?

We host up to date news, and some translations from books that have never been released here in the US. That's hardly a violation at all and is Fair Use. We're not hosting their trailers, and shit at all. If anything we're giving them free publicity :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
What about upcoming translations of the OTWTAS?
I dunno what exactly makes them pissy and what doesn't. :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Until OTWTAS is translated here in English, its fair game. Once it is, we can cancel the project and host what we have, which can serve as a meaningful preview and incentive to get the rest.

I mean really, S-E can get bad but they aren't George Lucas/Anne Rice :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Eh, they'd find out in any case sooner or later. ACF managed for five years, so why shouldn't we?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
About Lucas, that's not what I heard lately. But whatever, I think my Anne Rice analogy was enough. :monster:

Honestly, I doubt that shit will happen. We're not making a profit or anything. So it'd be crazy to think they'd get on our ass for the news and info we post here.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Was Anne Rice the one who doesn't like fanfiction?

It seems mostly they don't like media, translations don't seem to bother them much. As long as it's not translations subtitled on a video or something, they don't seem bothered.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yes, that's her. :monster:

And agreed. We're cool if we don't do that.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Was Anne Rice the one who doesn't like fanfiction?

It seems mostly they don't like media, translations don't seem to bother them much. As long as it's not translations subtitled on a video or something, they don't seem bothered.

Strange logic, but all the better for us. :neom:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I can't remember now, but with that audio from Montreal, did they ask for the translation to be taken down, or just the audio?

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Well either way, AC.net had a lot of translations and Square weren't bothered, so unless we start hosting whole soundtracks and subbed OVAs, everything'll be :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Oh yeah Anne Rice. Well her books have spiraled into the toilet anyway, so who cares about her? :monster: She's far too full of herself. Maybe if she actually allowed her books to be edited she wouldn't have fallen so far. :P

But anyway yes, we are a news site, and I do believe that warrents us some protection. Also, I don't think they'd have a problem with translations since a lot of us here obviously can't read Japanese so it's not like the translations will be hurting Ultimania sales (unless SE decides to actually release them in English but I don't see that happening).

But anyway yes, I was only planing on having a brief summary and a link to the news article. Should I also maybe link to all out translations and stuff as well? Feedback is what I'm after.

Also, all of you go join that club. A higher member count would make it more attractive to other people, maybe leave a comment or two on each of the threads? Other people here could make more friends on that site and tell them about the group?

Also Mako mentioned elsewhere that he wanted to be the sub leader? Would make sense since you do the vast majority, if not all, of the front page posting. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom