Square Enix to permanently allow work from home

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
https://www.jp.square-enix.com/comp...df9995782da2d516db9ebac425d02d4019665f70.html

"Rather than utilizing work from home solely as a means of preventing infections during the current pandemic, the Company will establish it as a permanent and core program among the working styles it accommodates. In so doing, the Company hopes not only to create a flexible and diverse working environment, but also to further bolster productivity and help employees achieve the optimal work-life balance."

Thought this was interesting. Started out as a COVID prevention measure, now it's just going to be a thing that people can choose to do. I guess the pandemic has really shown how pointless that commute to and from work can be and that you can still get shit done effectively from home. It's interesting because I remember reading Square had a hard time adapting to the work from home situation initially because they didn't really have an infrastructure in place. Seems they managed to make this the new normal. Good for them!

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
Hope SE has set up the proper work from home procedures/regulations. I've a friend who works in the accounts department of a Japanese multinational corporation. She's been working from home since April and hates it because her manager apparently has some weird ideas about what work from home means. Like, since her home is now her office, she's expected to be on call all day, everyday, without exception.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Hope SE has set up the proper work from home procedures/regulations. I've a friend who works in the accounts department of a Japanese multinational corporation. She's been working from home since April and hates it because her manager apparently has some weird ideas about what work from home means. Like, since her home is now her office, she's expected to be on call all day, everyday, without exception.
That is the real flip side about this "work from home" push the pandemic has brought around - having that separation between where you work and where you relax is paramount, and I can easily see companies wanting to blur the line - creating a situation where everyone's at work at all times. What a nightmare, right?

Top Bottom