Staff Misconduct Thread

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm just going to put this here because it does happen.

I'm making an official complaint right here about Aaron's attitude when dealing with the recent going ons of the Name-Changing and AKA field dispute.

His attitude has been rude, unfriendly and entitled. Rules or no rules, regarding the other separate matter, it has been dealt with incorrectly and from what I can see, by one individual. I'm fairly certain I don't stand alone in such an opinion.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
...I don't even know who you are.

Are you complaining about yourself?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
In lieu of the recent debacle over the AKA field stuff, I have to ask a few things of the staff.

1. For one, please be consistent and tell the freaking userbase when you have decided on rules. Post them in the rules thread. This isn't hard.

2. If there is a punishment for breaking the rules, state it somewhere. This stuff isn't being listed anywhere, so people are just suddenly slapped with punishments they can't even agree to because like I said, this stuff has never been listed in the rules.

3. When infractions are being handed out over certain things, don't pick favorites. I know I was handed an infraction as well as Rishi/Kanaya for trolling the ltd thread, but asking some of my other friends if they had been warned for it got a negatory, even if they posted right after me. This is clear staff favoritism for not liking myself and Rishi posting jokes in the LTD.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

Are you complaining about yourself?

I want to make a complaint about how you are never online and you barely do anything yet have the title of god-king mod.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer

Oh come on dude, get a grip. Its not as though he's changed his username or anything. He's been Cole for a good few weeks now.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Joe said:
His attitude has been rude, unfriendly and entitled.
I'm sorry, I don't understand exactly how I have been rude, unfriendly or entitled to anyone. Except possibly Adri, which was in response to her own rudeness and nowhere near the extent of hers.

and from what I can see, by one individual.
You are quite incorrect here.

Aki said:
1. For one, please be consistent and tell the freaking userbase when you have decided on rules. Post them in the rules thread. This isn't hard.
We have repeatedly stated that using the aka field is not an option if you want your user name changed. I will agree that it should have been added to the rules thread, but I was waiting until there was a consensus on what constituted a properly filled in aka field before I added anything because I did not seriously expect that there would be any more problems after the last kerfluffle over aka fields. I see now that I was wrong to do this. My apologies.

2. If there is a punishment for breaking the rules, state it somewhere. This stuff isn't being listed anywhere, so people are just suddenly slapped with punishments they can't even agree to because like I said, this stuff has never been listed in the rules.
I will agree that this is unprecedented and Scott may not have expected to be banned from name changing for a month. But I cannot believe that he did not expect some form of retribution for his actions.

3. When infractions are being handed out over certain things, don't pick favorites. I know I was handed an infraction as well as Rishi/Kanaya for trolling the ltd thread, but asking some of my other friends if they had been warned for it got a negatory, even if they posted right after me. This is clear staff favoritism for not liking myself and Rishi posting jokes in the LTD.
This is the first I have heard of any of this. Did you report the posts that did not receive infractions?

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Drama.jpg

? :huh:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Oh come on dude, get a grip. Its not as though he's changed his username or anything. He's been Cole for a good few weeks now.

Yeah, I know he's Cole, but I genuinely don't freaking remember who he is past that.

Regarding the complaint, I don't even know what to say. First off the guy's not even respecting the request of having the AKA field up to date. He's apparently Aaron now. And second, Aaron's post reflects frustration which is only human. Given the fact we've been through this shit with the user name changing repeatedly. He wasn't flaming, rude, or insulting. Pissed off? Yeah, probably.

If L's gonna flip him the bird after us repeatedly trying to work with him in requesting rule compliance then that's just human nature.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Yeah, I know he's Cole, but I genuinely don't freaking remember who he is past that.

Regarding the complaint, I don't even know what to say. First off the guy's not even respecting the request of having the AKA field up to date. He's apparently Aaron now. And second, Aaron's post reflects frustration which is only human. Given the fact we've been through this shit with the user name changing repeatedly. He wasn't flaming, rude, or insulting. Pissed off? Yeah, probably.
...he has had his regular aka field up for like a month.

how the fuck are you people demanding that people update the aka field when you don't even goddamn read it

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
News flash, I don't memorize every member's AKA field for future use.

The rule was never about having it filled out momentarily and then copying someone else's. It's meant to be permanently relevant to the user.

Again, if that can't even be respected, the user name will go back to its original state. That's all.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
it says right in his goddamn signature that he's joe

or is clicking on text and reading what's underneath just too ~~unimportant~~ for the wonderful mods

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
it says right in his goddamn signature that he's joe
Only if you assume the quote in his signature is directed at him. People might not make that assumption. Since staff have just been criticised for making assumptions, I can see why staff members might not want to do that.

In any case, the rule is that identifying information must go in the aka field. Not the signature. If we meant that identifying information could go in the signature instead, we'd have said that. We don't mean that, so we didn't say it.

Really. I honestly feel I've been far more patient over this drama than certain people's conduct merited.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
...Who's Joe?

You're assuming that I know every member here equally and deal with them on a regular basis outside the forum. I know who Alex is because I've known him since ACF.

You're entire assumption that clicking on a signature would somehow answer who a member is, is shortsighted and looks like you're just taking the piss in the first place. That's not even the point of the signature.

The whole user name change agreement was reenacted on the sole point of filling out the AKA field with the previous username before it. If that's too damn difficult, then that's cool.

Your name's not gonna be changed then. Staff shouldn't even have to chase after a member who's gotten their name changed in the first place. That alone was just us trying to give a fair enough chance for L to keep his user name and not have it changed back.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Is this going to become one of those things where the staff are at each others throats and the pressure of that coupled with the server going crappity causes the forum to implode, creating a black hole and taking the rest of the internet with it?

I just want to know so I can make a start on having a real social life now if I have to :(

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Hi. I'm Joe. I'm currently known as 'Cole' on the forums. I thought I'd introduce myself to you personally instead of just telling everybody anywhere who I was.

Oh look. Crisis averted.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Maybe it's because I'm in the military and I have to deal with the possibility and reality of people I know, don't know, friends, and myself getting blown up and defending the country and all that good stuff puts things in perspective, but holy shit, this is petty. Like, most of the shit people argue about is petty.

Like, who gives a fuck. I can legitimately see the argument on both sides (yes, name changing is a privilege and having rules about it are fair, but yes, we should have consistent and fair rules about it that are clear to everyone), but why can't disagreements like this be solved in a few posts instead of two or three topics?

Just EVERYONE shut the fuck up for a second, Jesus! If you guys want I can probably solve this whole issue single handedly when I get off work later on today. If everyone can just, be quiet for a few hours I got this.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
The reason we're ARGUING dearest Mog, of whom I actually respect, is that we get restrictions put on us as soon as we fail to adhere to staff rules that aren't actually hurting other members in the slightest.

If it weren't the case, then I wouldn't give a shit.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Sorry, Mog. The amount of respect I have for you as a person is very great, but do permit me this one reply:

Really. I honestly feel I've been far more patient over this drama than certain people's conduct merited.
Perhaps you misunderstood.

It was an expression of disbelief, given that I can think of at least one member who you've been incredibly rude to.

Btw, you shouldn't ask other people to apologize for you when you do things.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
The reason we're ARGUING dearest Mog, of whom I actually respect, is that we get restrictions put on us as soon as we fail to adhere to staff rules that aren't actually hurting other members in the slightest.

If it weren't the case, then I wouldn't give a shit.

I understand everyone's frustrations. I'm not saying people shouldn't feel however they do, everyone has the right to feel frustration or dissatisfaction with something even as 'small' as what happens on a forum. A community is important. I get that.

What I don't get is this community's apparent total lack of finesse and skill in actually resolving problems. Like I said; if everyone can hang on and try to avoid killing each other (as in, making a bunch of posts/topics that I'll have to read), I can GUARANTEE this entire community that I can solve this issue BY MYSELF when I get off work.

Just hold on.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Perhaps you misunderstood.

It was an expression of disbelief, given that I can think of at least one member who you've been incredibly rude to.
The only person I can think of that I could even remotely be considered to have been "incredibly rude" to during this bout of drama is Adri, who precipitated my response by being incredibly rude to me first. I make no apologies for this. If a person treats me like shit, they should not be surprised if I respond in kind. If I have been "incredibly rude" to anyone else, I must not have realised the way I was coming across, because it certainly was not my intention to do so.

Btw, you shouldn't ask other people to apologize for you when you do things.
I am at a loss for where I might have done this.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Hang on a moment there, Robocop.

Am I the only one that sees the issue with either, Aaron telling us that staff are too busy and new members are too stupid or nervous to keep track of namechanges/ask a member who are; or Mog telling us that we're all too petty to actually resolve a dispute by ourselves?

Now, TLS, you might think I'm reading between the eyes a little bit too much here. But it seems to me that the staff don't particularly treat this forum's users with a great amount of respect? Seriously guys, we don't need to wait for Superman to come home and fix all our problems and we don't need Aaron treating the userbase like toddlers incapable of working out anything for themselves either.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Mog telling us that we're all too stupid and petty to actually resolve a dispute by ourselves?

I stand by my opinion that this argument is petty. Initally it wasn't; voicing a concern is never petty, but now it is, since we're still talking about it and there's a lot of hurt feelings and more problems in its wake (and the original issue is still pretty fucking unresolved).

If you don't like that opinion, simply accept that its my own subjective viewpoint and move past it, I'm definitely not trying to enforce that on anyone. And I've never even insinuated that any of you were stupid. That's just an insult and unfair. But let's move past it.

However yes, I'm pretty confident that I could, and can, solve this issue by myself in a few posts, and definitely one topic. If this issue is fixed by the time I come back, more power to us all, but if it's still going on, then if anything I'll be proven right.

Top Bottom