• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
First episode of Strange new worlds is out, and it was actually pretty good. It actually did a really good job capturing the feel of classic trek. I enjoy modern trek more than some, but that’s definitely something that’s been missing.

Favorite moment of the episode was Spock saying “The pain is unbearable “ in a complete deadpan, then letting out a blood curdling scream as his disguise wears off. Legitimately got a chuckle out of me.
I also like Nurse Chapel a lot. Seems like she’ll be a fun character this time around.

The fact that Pike resolved the conflict of the episode using Earth’s own history worked really well from a narrative standpoint, as well as being, I think, effective commentary about the divide in our society that’s going on right now. It helps that the speech and its associated message was informed by his own personal struggle in the episode. This is the sort of stuff Trek should excel at.
I wouldn’t say it was one of the all time great trek episodes, but it’s a promising start.

Reactions: Ite

ForceStealer

Double Growth

Should be interesting to see how they justify that particular crossover :wacky:

SNW was good fun, especially next to the other offerings at the time. So I'm looking forward to that continuing.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Weird seeing them in live action. Boimler even has the purple hair! Lower Decks was pretty fun actually after initially seeing the trailer and thinking it was gonna be cringe :monster:

Gonna be a while before I get around to watching SNW though, currently going through a backlog of Trek I had neglected to watch. Finished Enterprise (which was alright) a while back, now I'm halfway through S3 of Discovery (which so far I really enjoy)

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The first couple episodes (of Lower Decks) were pretty obnoxious. Far too manic and Mariner seemed just altogether awful, seemed like it was trying really hard to be Rick and Morty. However, after that it settled down and, I agree, has been pretty enjoyable for the most part. Again seemed like it was made my people who actually like Star Trek, lol. Which decidedly didn't feel to be the case in S1&2 of Picard, and early Discovery.

Top Bottom