Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Voyager's

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Enterprise's

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
With the release of the new Star Trek movie, I would like to begin a :geek: discussion specifically about the ST universe (BTW I have not seen the new movie yet, so I ask those of you who have to use spoiler tags, please).

Feel free to discuss what you think about the movies, TV series, or fandom overall. I enjoy most of what ST has had to offer a part from most of the films, and truthfully, I have to say Trekkies is one of my favorite Star Trek-related movies. :monster: I'm a DS9 fangirl at heart, though, despite some of its controversy. Controversy has a lot to do with why I enjoy that series so much anyway, I think, apart from its excellent writing and character development.

I would also like to ask: If you could be a part of any Star Trek crew (Original, TNG, DS9, Voy, Enterprise) which one would it be and why?

Oh, and poast any related lulz if you got 'em. :awesome:

ENGAGE.

Belmat

Pro Adventurer
For the poll, I would join either TNG or Voyager... TNG for the awesomeness of Picard. Voyager for the awesomeness of the crew in general.

Probably Voyager in the long run.

I would obviously join the crew with the greatest number of sexy chicks, but I don't know which crew that is :monster:

I'm considering to watch the new Star Trek in theatres, only problem is no one wants to go with me :( Or more correctly, they are just not interested in seeing the movie.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
See, although DS9 is my favorite series, I really would have to weigh that against it being at the epicenter of the Dominion War. Then again, on Voyager you're lost in the Delta Quadrant. And with the Original, I'd be probably be stuck fighting off Kirk.

So between Enterprise and TNG, I think I'd have to go with the TNG. Stupid holodeck shit aside, I think I could handle it. Plus there's Picard, like what Belmat said. :wacky:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
^^that (@belmat), except that they made her - and pretty much every female character since the first-generation star trek - an uptight cunt that would never put out.

Also, TNG ftw. That clip reminded me on how horrible it looked at the start of the series - pale, big-headed Worf and fag Riker and whatnot.

Those clips were lulzworthy though (although low-quality), got moar?

TNG has massive nostalgic value, since it was the main series we saw every week back when we were still limited to 3 TV channels.

We watched loads of Voyager as well - probably moreso even than TNG. DS 9 was interesting and had its strong points, but it wasn't as aired as much - and we weren't able to watch it as much - as TNG and Voyager, mainly due to the fact that by that time we had cable and the channels were fucking around with the times to air it and the order of seasons.

Enterprise was suck really.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I'd go with TNG for most of the reasons munatik mentioned. Being stuck in the Delta Quadrant over nine thousaaaaaand light years away from my home isn't my idea of fun, even if it did supply the remote potential of boinking Seven of Nine.

A

Great Old One
I would obviously join the crew with the greatest number of sexy chicks, but I don't know which crew that is :monster:
Your definition of sexy would then be men? :monster:

Voyagers gets my vote.

Munky

Jo-licious
AKA
Jo
Deep Space Nine. Fighting the Dominion, hangin' out at Quark's bar and rarely having to fly through space would do it for me.

Having seen the new movie tho'...I'd serve under new Kirk, but not old Kirk.

Otherwise, I'd join this crew: http://www.starshipintrepid.net/

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I never really got into all the other series back then except Voyager.

So Voyager gets my vote. :awesome:

Isabella

Your Mom
Picard disapproves of the 6 people who didn't vote TNG.

:facepalm:

I'm the child of two major Trekkies. Somewhere I've still got an autographed photo of James Doohan that my mom got for me from a convention. :awesome:

Belmat

Pro Adventurer
I met and shook the hand of Picard once, at a performance of Twelveth Night at the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-upon-Avon :monster:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Why isn't Stargate SG-1 an option? Thats kind of the same thing right?

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
I'm not sure I understand the difference.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Yeah but both are pure unwatchable garbage.

The Star Trek franchise's only redeeming quality was Patrick Stewart.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
I'm sure you aren't alone in that sentiment :C

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I can see where he comes from though, considering both series are pretty ghey, if you'd look at them objectively :monster:.

Stargate is less gay though, and has more seasons. If any, watch the original Stargate movie.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
Ashes said:
I'm not sure I understand the difference.

I can assure you that you don't, but I really can't even begin be arsed to explain why.

Instead, I'm going to move this thread on and ask another question: are humans really capable of a Roddenberry-esque future? Recall Encounter at Farpoint, the very first episode of Next Gen, where we right off the bat meet Q who writes off humanity as an inherently flawed and savage race. Can humans overcome themselves, if only for the sake of the "final frontier"?

Top Bottom