• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Star Trek Thread

Which crew would you join?

• Original's

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Next Generation's

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Deep Space Nine's

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Voyager's

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Enterprise's

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I should've posted that Onion thing awhile ago when I saw it. It's awesome :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
xD, that's awesome. Love how they edited the most epic fight scene ever into it as well. Also, that chick is hot, brb fapping.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
Wow. I can't believe I had never run across these before--they're hysterical! :lol:

Fist Full of Rikers, bridge buffoonery = epic win among win. :awesome:

Also adding moar to the video pile:

I dunno if you guys are familiar with Rifftrax, but if you're familiar with MST3K, then you will recognize what's going on here. Even if you aren't, it's still funny, imo:

Generations too

(the sound is a little soft, sorry...hope you enjoy nonetheless :monster:)

I should make an MST3K/Rifftrax thread, come to think of it...

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The Next Generation ftw.

Anyway, just saw the movie, and it indeed was an excellent film. I must admit it saddens me a little that it
effectively erased everything that has ever happened in Star Trek
. But I suppose I can understand why they felt they had to. Other than that, only two quibbles:

1. I don't care how illustrious your deeds are, one does not get promoted from Cadet -> Captain at once.

2. Where the hell was the Star Trek theme? Yes yes, I know the old school one plays at the credits, and that's great. But why was there no sign of the franchise theme song in the movie or something? It wasn't the TNG theme, it was in all the movies as the series theme. You don't Star Wars shedding their theme. I had a similar problem with Quantum of Solace...

But again, those aside, it was still a very very entertaining movie with impressive attention to detail. The casting was perfect with everyone acting very much like their 60s counterparts. Bravo.

Also, on Star Trek games, I beg to differ, there is in fact 1 good Trek game. Look up Bridge Commander for PC, not only is it probably the best Star Trek game, its one of the better space sims I've played, and a pretty good story to boot.
I also enjoyed Starfleet Command 3, but it doesn't compare with Bridge Commander, imo.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
'It's not lupus' requires a login, :@.

Bridge Buffoonery is lulz, squared thrice. That Jean-Luc Picard is better, xD. There's also more than just those 14, fyi.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
So, big news--I finally saw the new movie today. In IMAX, too. Then went to celebrate how fucking win it was. :bigawesomonster:

Seriously, I went in with what skepticism I had, but walked out completely amazed. After so many ups and downs with Star Trek movies, I can say without hesitation that I adore this one.

The only disappointment I felt was that when it was over, it was over. Rly. Mostly because
they essentially created a new, alternate universe for this new cast to exist in, and I would love to see it continue.

Tifaeria

Hello again! 8D
AKA
Roxy Lalonde, Black Canary, Princess Vampira, Ah-Choo, Cutie-Aoide
I just saw it yesterday too! That's why I haven't been talkin' in three days. Because I was obsessed with this movie! :monster:

Like others have said,
Jim was just on trial for cheating on a test, and yet they PROMOTE HIM after one mission. Granted, it was from saving the planet, but it still doesn't make sense.

Another thing are the surprises. I loved how much the movie surprised me. It's been a while since any movie has made me excited this much to see what happens next. Like the couple in this movie. That totally shocked and made me a shipper. <3 I HAVE A NEW OTP NAO~! :reptar:
The biggest plus of all was seeing John Cho, Simon Pegg, Eric Bana, Winona Ryder, Leonard Nimoy, and Zachary Quinto all in the same movie! I can say this movie was my favorite this year.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Jedis don't have Vulcan death grips / mind melds or their own language, ergo, fail :monster:.

Actually, they do. And better. Force Choke, Mind tricks, all that good stuff.

They do get better games though.

This is true.

True, a bat'leth for RL might be as cumbersome and worthless as a homemade set of Wolverine claws.

Worse.

Still, I'm onboard with whatever the Klingons use to bring swift death to enemies of the Empire. Qapla!

I'm on board with a sidearm that works.
And prolly TNG here, but I'd probably be the surly one on board who is nevertheless proven correct time and time again.

And Kirk was
only suspected of cheating, not actually convicted of it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well he was more than suspected, but it is true that he was never convicted. But the fact that he was promoted for saving the world isn't the hard to believe part, it's that they promoted him *counts on fingers* six ranks! lol

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Technically, they only promoted him one. Pike promoted him the rest. He was made Second in Command of Enterprise when Spock was handed the Captain spot.

What they did was make the field promotion a permanent one, which is still interesting, but not unheard of or outrageous.

As far as I recall Spock accused him of
inputting a new subroutine, but didn't prove it, merely that he must have, because the scenario was designed unwinnable. Of course, that Kirk COULD do that to Spock's scenario in a single night is also quite impressive. Personally, It could also just be Spock never expected anyone to just do nothing, so his AI just locked up. Really, though, it's kind of moot, since he got promoted for displaying his suitability for captaincy in the field.

Hawkeye.

Hero of the Ages says Shabz.
JJ Abrams has done for Star Trek what Christopher Nolan did for Batman. Amazing film. Can't wait for the next one.

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
i chose enterprise soley for the possibility of me being able to lay that Vulcan chick.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
If you average out the last seven years I've gotten way moar than that :monster: over the last four though, it's questionable :wackymonster:

Tifaeria

Hello again! 8D
AKA
Roxy Lalonde, Black Canary, Princess Vampira, Ah-Choo, Cutie-Aoide
Seven years? I thought they could have sex inbetween Pon Farr too...just not so nuts you know?

I demand to know more about Pon Farr if I am wrong! :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
In theory I don't think there's anything in their biology explicitly preventing it, but I wouldn't expect most of them to choose to do so because it's not 'logical' :monster:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
i chose enterprise soley for the possibility of me being able to lay that Vulcan chick.

Bah. Forget T'Pol, Hoshi. Hoshi is where it's at.

Seven years? I thought they could have sex inbetween Pon Farr too...just not so nuts you know?

I demand to know more about Pon Farr if I am wrong! :monster:

Pon Farr is when they MUST have sex because they've repressed their emotions over the past seven years they GOTTA have sex. Vulcans are more emotional than humans, in fact, which is why they are so focused on logic, discipline, and holding those emotions in, so they don't freak out.
It's the reason for their cultural divide with the Rommies.

Top Bottom