Star Wars Eclipse

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wow, I have no idea what this is about but that was an incredible trailer.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
From what I've heard its supposed to be in the High Republic era that the novels and such are covering right now, roughly two hundred years prior to the movies

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Quantic dream, eh? Huh. What have their latest offerings been like, haven't played one since Heavy Rain.

Heavy Rain was a ps3 game, right? That was probably one of the first games I ever played that felt like I was controlling a movie

Reactions: Wol

Lex

Administrator
I've spent a good chunk of my free time in the last 6 months consuming Star Wars stuff (with Carlie's guidance). I watched all of Clone Wars, Rebels, The Mandalorian and played through Fallen Order. All of those were great and have definitely facilitated my long overdue interest in proper Star Wars lore (Ahsoka is a QUEEN).

This was a really cool trailer and I was super excited until I saw the "Quantic Dream" logo. I have the platinum for Heavy Rain on PS3, and while I remember enjoying the experience initially, it very quickly fell apart for several reasons that I won't get into here. I watched a playthrough of Beyond: Two Souls and that had the same pitfalls. I also watched a playthrough of Detroit, and while it was visually stunning it's the same thing again.

I *was* going to buy Beyond at the time, but then David Cage (lead asshole behind all of these) annoyed me to death. At the time it was just his general attitude. He does not take criticism at all well - for example, the misogynistic overtones particularly around Madison in Heavy Rain, among other things. The dude thinks he's the worlds foremost creative and has a drama fit any time someone tries to discuss issues in his games.

Then there's this:

https://www.fanbyte.com/news/report-in-my-games-all-women-are-whores-says-david-cage/

Cage was allegedly stamping around in tears, exclaiming, “you are interfering in my business” and “this case touches my honor” before leaving the court, fleeing the pleas of defense lawyers. This came across as ironic to those present, given that he has allegedly publicly stated sentences like, “in my games, all women are whores” and “at Quantic Dream, we do not make games for fags.”

In short, fuck Quantic Dream and everything they make :)

I don't care if this ends up being halfway decent, my money will never go near it.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
I tend to agree. I'm sure the youtube crowd will produce plenty of lets plays, so I guess I'll end up enjoying this game that way

Reactions: Lex

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I should add that this is the same David Cage that a couple of years ago before Detroit came out was confronted with an investigative report of rampart racism in Quantic Dream, including unsurprisingly from himself. His response was that that couldn't possibly be true because Jesse Williams was the protagonist of Detroit. Please do not give that douchebag or his cesspool of a company any money.

Knights of the Old Republic got a version now on switch and the port is decent. The best is to play the xbox version or emulate it, the point is if anyone is looking for great Star Wars games I would start there.

Top Bottom