• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Star Wars: Episode 7, 8... and BEYOND!

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Just throwing this in here: The best way to watch Star Wars is IV, V, II, III, VI.

It makes RotJ way, WAY better than it is without the two prequel films. It serves as an immediate flashback to the fall of Anakin, right after you learn about him & Luke, and gives you some background into who Vader is, as well as PLENTY of reason to fear the Emperor (while keeping both reveals TOTALLY intact). It also makes the gap between them rescuing Han seem more natural, and it actually seems like Luke's gonna fall to the Dark Side throughout the film.

Don't cry blasphemy 'til you try it.

That being said, I think that there's plenty of good stuff in the EXU to make films from, but I'm curious how things would continue and still be connected to the original films without some links with the original cast, if they're going to make "VII, VIII, & IX" and not just make "more Star Wars films".

X :neo:

Ghost X

I have no issue with replacing the actors who played the original cast, if those characters are required in the story.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I have no issue with replacing the actors who played the original cast, if those characters are required in the story.

The big restraint that I've got about doing this would be that after seeing Palpatine in Episodes I-III, and VI it'd be odd having other actors playing the main continuing characters. The continuity of Star Wars feels pretty tight (though Ewan McGregor was a kickass young Obi-Wan Kenobi). If it really is Episodes VII-IX, everyone's older now, so it's still a possibility to have the original actors (plus we have the technology to anti-age them a bit if needed). It'd just be really weird having a non-Mark-Hamill Luke Skywalker, and a non-Harrison-Ford Han Solo - especially with all of the EXU content having their faces and being so used to seeing them.

I'm not saying I couldn't get over it if the films are good enough, but they'd have to have some pretty good reasons for why they'd do it.

X :neo:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Star Wars Episode Seven: Advent Children

1000 times no!

edit:lol ninjad by alex strife there.

Also jesus can we not learn the lessons of history? This is going to be mediocre at best. We can't have nice things anymore western popular culture is being sucked up it's own asshole.

/thesearetheendtimes

Owait am I being dramatic?:awesome:

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Why don't they just go and do that goddamn TV series

Goddamnit already

Captain Jack Harkness

not a out-of-bounds guy
AKA
4nn4-chan, Loras Tyrell, Loki
Saying "Do we really need another Star Wars movie?" is like saying "Do we really need the expanded universe?"
well, i think it's a bit different.
i can't remember the first time i watched SW, i know all the saga by heart and this september i've done the SW marathon with the film in english instead italian, so i think a can consider myself 'a good SW fan'.
but i haven't read a single story of the EU and i don't think it put my has a B-class fan.
for me it's easer ignore the EU than a new SW movie.
i'll go to watch the film when it will come out but i'll probably never read the EU (for different reason).

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I believe I linked to a wikipedia article back on page #1, which noted that Lucas hisself had four triologies (4 x 3 = 12) movies in mind back in the late 70's, of which six have been made so far. Just so you know, :monster:.

Also Ford could totally still do Solo. He could still do Jones a few years ago, after all :monster:.

Fangu

Great Old One
I believe I linked to a wikipedia article back on page #1, which noted that Lucas hisself had four triologies (4 x 3 = 12) movies in mind back in the late 70's, of which six have been made so far. Just so you know, :monster:.
why would you even explain that, this is something everybody knows

if they don't, DID YOU GROW UP ON MARS

/ SW fan raeg

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
As much as I love Harrison Ford, I'm also hoping that the new movie will star entirely new people. Maybe a cameo or two from the original actors but that's it.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Mark Hamill should have a cameo as the Joker.

Oh wait, wrong franchise. Too bad he's a DC character rather than a Marvel character.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Alternately, he could turn up as Fire Lord Ozai and set fire to space, what with proximity to all those stars and comets and the like powering up his bending... which he doesn't have.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
The problem with having the new movies set too far into the future with none of the old characters we know is that a lot of historical exposition will have to happen. It would run the risk of not even being SW, but being a completely new universe where everything goes by the same name as stuff did in SW. At least with the new trilogy there was enough people around who we knew or had heard of to convice us that this was in fact the SW universe.

The EU also presents the problem that parts of it have become almost as canon as the movies. Retconing the EU would probably make a lot of people cry foul and disconect them from the new movies.

Incedently, does anyone else like the novel of III better then the movie?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Never read it.

They could always just film parts of the EU. The Thrawn trilogy is practically begging to be made into films. The only problem is, how do you pare each book down to a 2.5h film? Would be better as a miniseries.

Also I should probably point out that the prequel trilogy also retconned portions of the EU, which is one of the reasons it sucked. The stuff the PT retconned was much more interesting than the PT itself.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
You know what I just realized?

The movies being owned and distributed by Disney would mean...no more 20th Century Fox fanfare before the movies.

RUINED FOREVER.

(seriously, that fanfare is kinda as much part of the movies as the iconic opening crawl and the Star Wars theme itself...it was even included on the original trilogy 2-disc soundtrack releases)

Ghost X

Disney are saying that it will be a completely new story unattached to the original. This gets my approval, if they mean same mythology, different everything else.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000

The movies being owned and distributed by Disney would mean...no more 20th Century Fox fanfare before the movies.

RUINED FOREVER.

(seriously, that fanfare is kinda as much part of the movies as the iconic opening crawl and the Star Wars theme itself...it was even included on the original trilogy 2-disc soundtrack releases)

Jesus...I never thought of that....

does this mean now its going to be:

@_@

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
^ More like this:

Don't forget the Tie Fighters swopping by the castle.

Edit: I'm glad Disney's going to focus on a new batch of characters rather than the old ones. I think the entire story with Luke, Han, Leia and co. is complete and doesn't need any more development or progression. I say leave it be and start with a fresh new story, but in the same universe of course.

Hey, maybe that's what Disney should do if they ever come across making 'Toy Story 4'. Again, introduce a new batch of characters and leave Buzz, Woody etc. out of the limelight and/or give them little supporting roles. I think that's a fair compromise.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
My problem with doing all new characters is that the PT had a very different design (sleek and shiny) from the OT (grime and grungy). If there hadn't been any old characters we knew, I'd have a hard time buying that this is the SW universe. So not having characters we know makes me leary. I guess I'm worried that they'll just want to cash in on the SW name and throw even more world-building/actualy good plots into the wind.

And I like the old Disney logo; the new one feels to "big" for just being part of the credits.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I hope the castle intro is relevant to the series like what they did with Tron.

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V

RUINED FOREVER.

Damn, I hadn't even thought of this. I don't even like Fox and this still bothers me. The fanfare is such a part of the films they even included it on every single soundtrack album.

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
You guys wait until Disney decides to buy everything related to 'The Lord of the Rings' and 'The Hobbit'. Won't that be the day. :awesome:

Top Bottom