• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
So, Respawn Entertainment is making action adventure game about a surviving Padawan, set just after the events of Revenge of the Sith that is coming out some time around the end of 2019. It'll be interesting to see whether this involves a new character, or if this might be something centered around Ahsoka, since the end of Clone Wars are covering the Siege of Mandalore, where she faked her death to escape and survive on to the timeline of Rebels. If it's not her, it could potentially cover Caleb Dume (AKA Kanan Jarrus), since they were both Padawans who survived Order 66 in events that we've seen before taking place right around the time of Episode III. There's also the possibility that it could be someone totally new, but I think that with this one, you want to rely on a main character whose story we care about already since we know if has an end point, and won't just be an ultimately futile "survive until you're killed by Vader & the Inquisitors" scenario a new character would end up with. Also, with Ashley Eckstein or Freddy Prinze Jr. you've also got a bankable voice actor with proven talent as your lead. Those are incredibly strong go-to options that also tie-in to other media / upcoming titles that they're in the process of making that'll release around the same general time frame.

• Announcement: https://www.starwars.com/news/triple-force-friday
• Official site: https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi-fallen-order

X :neo:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Ooohhhh myyyy gawwwddd. Ahsoka and Caleb are the only Padawans I care about at this particular moment. I mean... if we’re talking about post-66.

For the love of doge, PLEASE let it be Ahsoka. But I would be equally excited for Caleb or a new character.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
This is my last chance giving any kind of Star Wars product a chance for a long while. I've got bored with being burned by the franchise at this point.
I trust Respawn but EA are almost definitely gonna mess up the monetisation.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
I didn't even know this game was veing made. Though I enjoy all of the Disney era star wars films, I was thoroughly unimpressed by pretty much every star wars game to have come out since kotor 2, but I am a sucker for the franchise and jedi related stuff in particular, so I am excited for this.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Promising trailer. I wonder how they'll reconcile 'don't stand out' with the player's need to do crazy stunts? Would be nice if there were options of quiet and loud playthroughs where you have the choice of being stealthy and nondescript or loud and flashy, with the latter path atttracting the attention of more inquisitors or better equipped enemies? But that's probably unlikely.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
They talk a lot about the ideas for it during the panel:

Single player story-based action melee (they're focused on "thoughtful combat" and the fact that he's still a Padawan who's been intentionally not using his powers in order to survive is putting him in a place where it sounds like he's gonna start needing to be more cautious in his approach to situations). They talked about it a bit more during the Star Wars Show Live on Day 2. I time-stamped the full stream bit, so that you can jump to where they break down the trailer, and they also talk about all of that bit, and also mention that the game has no microtransactions.

X :neo:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
If this gameplay trailer had been released maybe 10 years ago, I might have been impressed from the onset, but personally, I found it pretty uninspiring and by the numbers.

However, having just said that, the full write up (which reveals alot of the features within the game) is a heck of a lot more impressive and exciting. It's a shame they didn't show off some of those, as it gives a completely different spin on the game. So, though this gameplay slice hasn't lit me on fire, the aspects that are in the game are tantalising, so I will be keeping a watch on this.

Top Bottom