• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Star Wars Original Trilogy (IV, V, VI) Thread

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

I dunno how long this'll be online for, but I found it HERE. there's a deleted scene from Return of the Jedi that's pretty goddamn sweet. I'll be looking forward to the BluRay release, but I dunno if it'll full replace my original/special edition dvd set.

X :neo:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Glad to know my reasoning why I held off buying each fucking release of this trilogy, paid off.

I knew the Blu Ray would come. Patience pays off.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
If they are releasing this on DVD as well, I will not hesitate to buy the trilogy again. I don't have my PS3 atm, so no Blu-Ray player and therefore, not sure if I want to invest in something I can't watch and won't be able to for an indefinite amount of time.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
meh, star wars.

Good for fans though.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
I... didn't really get what was so exciting about that scene or what warrented cheering :awesome:

It's a new scene from original footage which is exciting in itself. Not only that, but Luke is making his lightsaber, which is a big deal.

If they dont include all this new shit lucas has been putting into it I'll buy it, otherwise.. meh. I'll stick with my vhs, or just wait til the price drops.

I dont need all my storm troopers being voice acted by jengo fett, or jumper gaying up my afterlife.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
The question is... are the original theatrical releases going to be included in the set? 'Cuz really, DNW Hayden Christensen in my Return of the Jedi :\

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I watched the end of this the other day cause it was on Spike... it's just wrong.

LIER

the episodes have fucking hilariously bad lightsaber duels.

At least in the originals they looked like real sword fights.

Now it's just retarded arm flailing

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I think she was referring to the retroactive additions movies. Like Hayden being at the end of ROTJ instead of David Prowse.

I do have the originals included in the DVD set I bought. Unfortunately, the quality is meh. If the blu-ray has proper restoration of the unaltered trilogy, I'll buy it. Otherwise, pass.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I think she was referring to the retroactive additions movies. Like Hayden being at the end of ROTJ instead of David Prowse.

I know, I just wanted to talk about how goofy those action scenes are

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
meh, star wars.

Good for fans though.

I don't usually want to hurt cool people, but seriously

(Also I liked the Ep 1 duels. And Yoda in Ep 2. Ep 3 was dumb.)

Is there a six-DVD set for both trilogies in the same box? Because I probably would get that. Blu-ray, well. I just don't have Blu-ray. :monster:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I don't usually want to hurt cool people, but seriously

(Also I liked the Ep 1 duels. And Yoda in Ep 2. Ep 3 was dumb.)

Is there a six-DVD set for both trilogies in the same box? Because I probably would get that. Blu-ray, well. I just don't have Blu-ray. :monster:

The ones I have are boxed seperately, but they were released at the same time so the boxes do match. The original triogy comes with a bonus disc that contains the unaltered versions of the films. As I said earlier though, the transfer isn't that great. Still, it's the only set I know of that includes all versions of the movies.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Prequel-Trilogy-McGregor/dp/B001EN71DQ/ref=dp_cp_ob_d_image_2 (EpI-III)

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Trilogy-Harrison-Ford/dp/B001EN71DG/ref=dp_cp_ob_d_image_0 (EpIV-VI)

Amazon's prices are a bit much, compared to how much I got them for. Around Christmas they were $20 a set ($40 for all six films).

Last edited:

Vossler

Voss da boss bitch
AKA
Nightmare,race driver,steel tormenter
This is why I have Netflix. Don't have to buy it, can just rent it. :lol:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
This is why I have internets. Don't have to buy it, can just download it. :lol:

Fixxxed. Speaking of downloading, I'm pretty sure you can get each and every version of the movie from there, from a digitization of the original film reels to the latest HD / 1080P blu-ray release with Hayden at the end.

Can't get that shit from the stores (or Netflix, or whatever), as far as I know, as Lucas and his companies own those and get to determine which versions are put on sale and which are removed from existence. The internets does not have these petty limitations.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
We oughta rename Yop "The Flying Dutchman" due to the fact he's the biggest pirating bastard who'll probably end up doomed to torrent and sail the internets til' judgment day, due to how much shit he's stolen.

I do hope these Blu Ray editions are original and don't have all those ridiculous additions he so loves to add. Like that Hayden @ the end of Return of the Jedi. Definitely don't want that as well.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
We oughta rename Yop "The Flying Dutchman" due to the fact he's the biggest pirating bastard who'll probably end up doomed to torrent and sail the internets til' judgment day, due to how much shit he's stolen.

I do hope these Blu Ray editions are original and don't have all those ridiculous additions he so loves to add. Like that Hayden @ the end of Return of the Jedi. Definitely don't want that as well.

If he left in all of the SE stuff, but cut out "Han Shoots Second" and "Hayden Ghost" for the BluRay releases, I would probably die of happiness. I don't ask for any more than that.

X :neo:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Get over it nancy.

idk man pretty big fucking deal here

:awesomonster:

Also, y'know guys, who misses that stupid Ewok chanting song at the end of RotJ? I know I do. :awesome:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Yeah because EVERYONE has to love star wars.

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
You know this kind of like S-E and the Sephiroth perfume and Cloud candles. You'd figure that they'd stop some time. :/

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Yeah because EVERYONE has to love star wars.

Damn straight bro. :awesome:

Also I'm looking forward to that future TV series that has nothing to do with Jedi at all, set between III and IV. 'pparently will be more liek Battlestar Galactica, all-gritty liek, which is a nice change from what we've had on TV lately.

:monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

Don't be hatin' for me appreciating the wonders of the internets, unlocking the enormous mass of media that record and movie companies simply do not wish to publish to the masses for their own monetary gains.

I challenge you to find a purchasable copy of the original cinema version of the Star Wars triology.

Top Bottom