• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Star Wars Original Trilogy (IV, V, VI) Thread

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
This is an old thread, but it seemed like the most relevant for this information. The Revisited Fan-edit of The Empire Strikes Back finally got finished: https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/14/16143640/star-wars-the-empire-strikes-back-revisited-adywan These're the ones that try to do what the Special Editions did in getting the good little visual updates and such, but avoiding all of the weird iffy changes that came along with them.

It's around on the internets somewhere for your consumption. I'm quite interested in seeing how it feels, since it's the one that I've wanted to get an edit like this of the most because of how weird the Emperor is in the original.

X :neo:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Thanks for bumping the thread! Ahhh I miss Dacon lol.

My nephews are 4 and 6. I've watched A New Hope with them a few times. They have no idea who Vader is... My sister just texted me "I think they'll be ready for Empire by Xmas." HYPE

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Thanks for bumping the thread! Ahhh I miss Dacon lol.

My nephews are 4 and 6. I've watched A New Hope with them a few times. They have no idea who Vader is... My sister just texted me "I think they'll be ready for Empire by Xmas." HYPE

So much nostalgia for the olden days of TLS here. :monster:

Oh man. That's the sort of thing that makes me so stoked about the idea of having kids is getting to introduce them to all sorts of cool things like that.

If this is a good version of Empire, you could introduce them to an EXTRA rad experience!

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So, this video has been one I've really enjoyed for a long time:

I was recently shown this other one, which I now love even more:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Also, this little VFX project looks friggin' awesome:

EDIT: (This is gonna be released in full on December 12th)

X:neo:

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I love the little things where the light sabers just melt through the walls like they're not there, unlike the original scenes where they cause a lot of sparks and shit.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
So, this video has been one I've really enjoyed for a long time:

I was recently shown this other one, which I now love even more:

I prefer the first video more, I prefer how "straight to the point" it is.

Fangu

Great Old One
So... apologies if this question has been posted before, but is there ANY way to get the original 1977 cut of Star Wars? I thought I'd struck gold mine with my boyfriend's discs, but it's all PowerPoint scene cuts and all other terrible shit and I don't want it -_-

Edit: Also as preciously stated from Ite this thread made me miss Dacon too.

Edit 2: Holy shit Mark Hamill looks like a 12 year old in this. I'm so fucking old.

Edit 3: Previously! Not preciously lol

Last edited:

Fangu

Great Old One
Also currently this rewatch is making me kinda WELL YES? because the first you see is Leia and her story going on (modern criticism would scream Y DOS HAVE TO BE FEMOID U TOO WOKE) and when Luke is talking about wanting to go it's actually Beru saying he's growing into a man and it's actually Owen holding him back

1977 was too woke y'all

Fangu

Great Old One
Did he in the original thought? I'm just stupidly assuming they put that in there because that whole edit is S T U P I D x)

Edit: I'm assuming it means it was there all along... yep, my bad!

Fangu

Great Old One
Oh fuck here comes 'Han shot first'

Sooo how much of the subs of that guy was different, because it looks to me like he's announcing his 'Imma GETCHa!' and then Han shoots. But then they had to add laser shit to make it look like he _literally_ shot first.

That's so fucking dumb.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
For some reason, I had no problem finding the original theatrical cuts back in 2008 internet but I have no idea how I would be able to share them with you now. This ain't the wild west anymore.

Obi-Wan's scream is different in the old version, it's almost like a klaxon or a monster sound. They added on an old man screaming either in the Special Edition or the first run of DVDs.

And yeah, Han shot first because he knew the conversation was over.

Fangu

Great Old One
Hmm. I'll bet we'd find some way... wink

Because I truly cannot suffer this shit any longer. I had to stop the film. And I had half like one bottle of wine and a litre of home made beer. X)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
@Fangu
I have a 1982 VHS copy. It was part of the first wave released for home purchase, though I think there were two small waves released for libraries earlier the same year.

As far as I know, this features the original, unaltered cut.

I don't know how to make this useful to you, though. XD

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I have a recording of a tv broadcast of the original version on VHS. It's in German though :awesome:

Even features a presenter before the movie who gives a brief explanation what the movie is about and who stars in it and such. That used to be a thing! Ah, the good old days.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
There was a DVD release in 2006 that included the original, unaltered versions of the OT. If you can manage to get your hands on those, that'll get you the unaltered OT. I happen to own them, and while the quality is rough as hell, it's nice to have them for rewatching.

Alternatively, you can torrent the Harmy Despecialized Editions of the movies since you already legally own the films. They're technically fan edits and exist in a weird grey area, but they keep some of the background and quality improvements from the later edits but leave most everything as close to the OT as possible, and they're generally seen as the preferred way of watching the films by a lot of folks.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
To me, this is the only Star Wars trilogy that matters. I love these movies, with the old ending to the last of the three, not replaced with the younger Anakin. No offense to the actor. Anyway, my $.02.

Top Bottom