Star Wars Rebels

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
http://television.cosmicbooknews.co...s-rebels-animated-series-announced-2014-video

It will be made by Disney of course but the better news is the fact that Greg Weisman is the executive producer of the show.Yes,looks like Disney hired Mr.Weisman yet again to do one of their shows.He has done of course Gargoyles and the second season of WITCH for Disney.Lets hope they manage to let him make it past season two this time.I mean really the guy has this curse of whenever he does an animated series it doesn't make it past season two.

He also worked on Kim Possible which is probably the only show he was on that lasted more than two seasons.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Read about that earlier. Excited to see it covering the time between Ep. III and IV but too bad that it's not the long talked about live action series. Seems like that one is not gonna happen anymore.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Disney went on the record of saying that they were axing The Clone Wars since that was wasting time on the sequel trilogy, iirc. LucasFilm will probably be releasing the last few either direct-to-DVD, or on the interwebs (or both, I guess). If you haven't seen it, they ended the series with
Ahsoka leaving the Jedi Order because she felt too betrayed by them or something :monster:

It was a very intriguing wrap-up to the show (also clever in that it's a very definitive ending but also open to future interpretation) and a pretty good episode, although they ended up ruining a good side character (Barriss Offee) by
having her turn to the dark side for no logical reason other than the fact that they needed a random fallen Jedi to frame Ahsoka for murder or something and having her closest friend do it would be DRAMAZ

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Dammit, Disney is ruining Star Wars! First they shut down Lucas Arts, now they're not bothering to finish The Clone Wars. Next thing you know, they're gonna not include Star Wars in some fashion for KH3(which had better also include the Avengers and Toy Story in some fashion).

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Hopefully if the series is good it won't get cancelled after 2 seasons like Greg Weisman's previous series Young Justice, again CN can fuck off.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
It'll likely be on that Disney channel or whatever, so :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I know but Disney are also notoriously bad with their treatment of shows.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Also worth noting that Cartoon Network produced the brilliant original Clone Wars series. While I quite like the newer series, you know. The guys animated that shit like Samurai Jack.

They also made General Grievous the most menacing and honest-to-god frightening villain, whereas in The Clone Wars it's almost disgusting how much of a Saturday-morning goofy bad guy he is.

I mean this.

A General Grievous that would actually make a Jedi shit his pants? Hell yeah.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I haven't watched any of the new "Clone Wars" series. Loved the first one -- full agreemenet on the portrayal of Grievous, by the way -- but just wasn't interested in the newer one.

How bad does Grievous suck now?

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
I haven't watched any of the new "Clone Wars" series. Loved the first one -- full agreemenet on the portrayal of Grievous, by the way -- but just wasn't interested in the newer one.

How bad does Grievous suck now?

He might as well be Bowser from Super Mario in the newer series.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yeah, Grievous was fucking awesome in The Clone Wars. The badass decay started with Episode III because George Lucas. =<

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
George Lucas seems to manage making almost anything involving Star Wars decay.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Can we fucking move on from the Clone Wars shit, PLEASE?

That horse has been beaten into fucking powder. Lucas pretty much ruined it, and now Disney is gonna continue?

And yes, General Grievous is a laughing stock. How he managed to axe so many Jedi between his asthma fits is beyond me.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Can we fucking move on from the Clone Wars shit, PLEASE?

That horse has been beaten into fucking powder. Lucas pretty much ruined it, and now Disney is gonna continue?

And yes, General Grievous is a laughing stock. How he managed to axe so many Jedi between his asthma fits is beyond me.

Well, at least you can justify his less impressive performance in Episode III because Mace Windu fucked him up at the end of the first Clone Wars series. I definitely don't want to see the new one now, though, since there's no reason Grievous should be anything less than a beast prior to that.

Also, yes, I think it's high time that era was left behind anyway. All the mystique it may have once had has now been exhausted.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
From the several episodes I've seen, Grievous was basically turned into a cartoon villain for the sake of the kids, which is a shame given his potential. I don't think this was a measured decision on Lucas' part; it seems the writers of the show simply relegated that particular, goofball-villain role to Grievous (because, you know, kiddy show) and that shtick unfortunately stuck.
The thing I liked most about the newer series was when they actually made Asajj Ventress more complex, because in the original Clone Wars she was basically a disposable villain used for the sake of luring Anakin further into the dark side.

You remember that one bit in Clone Wars season 2 where they're trying to evacuate Palpatine and Shaak Ti hears the same whirring-stomping noise from Grievous that she heard when her Jedi group got absolutely stomped the first time around, and she has a PTSD "oh shit" moment?
Fuckin' brilliant, man.

Also, Mako, this new Disney show is a transition between 3 and 4, not 2 and 3. :monster: I personally don't have a problem with the extensive coverage of the Clone Wars myself as long as the little stories they make are fresh, but it was clear they were running out of decent material.
That, and the fact that there's been almost zero main coverage of the period between Revenge of the Sith and a New Hope that I would absolutely love to see.

Yeah, Grievous was fucking awesome in The Clone Wars. The badass decay started with Episode III because George Lucas. =<

From what I remember on the extras DVD, Clone Wars (specifically, the end of the first + the whole of the second season) was being produced simultaneously alongside production for Revenge of the Sith, so George Lucas asked the guys to produce their take on Grievous that would lead up to the very beginning of Episode 3.

Also, not having enough time to finish it, I believe they released Clone Wars after Revenge of the Sith was out. Not sure.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Nah, I remember watching TCW before EpIII came out.

I think at that time George Lucas himself was kind of flip-flopping on how he wanted to portray Grievous.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I actually watched all 9 episodes over the last two days, and yeah. It's pretty good. It's still finding its feet, but there're some pretty dark things so far. Zeb, Hera, & the Inquisitor are my top three characters. Zeb's got maybe the darkest background of any character and a rivalry with Kallus that's really well played so far. Hera is just the best. She's the ship mom, and everything you'd hope from from a Rebel pilot. The Inquisitor is just ice cold, calculating, and analytical and has some of the best Star Wars EXU-style dialogue of any character in ever.

Also, Clone Wars gets really fucking amazing in the later seasons for anyone interested.

Also, just found this extra scene from the first episode:

X :neo:

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Yeah I caught up on most of the episodes and I have to say I like it.

It's not fantastic and it clearly feels like a kid's show designed to ease children into the original trilogy world in preparation for the sequel trilogy, but there is some character depth already and it's not offensively written. The cameos are a little blatant sometimes and most of the development is telegraphed a mile away but every now and then there's a twist (eg. Luminara Unduli :< ) that gives the show a lot of promise.

Top Bottom