• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Star Wars Resistance – (New Animated Series)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
star-wars-resistance-main.jpg

They finally announced Filoni's new project!

Production has begun on Star Wars Resistance, an exciting new animated adventure series about Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. It will premiere this fall on Disney Channel in the U.S. and thereafter, on Disney XD and around the world.

Featuring the high-flying adventure that audiences of all ages have come to expect from Star Wars, Star Wars Resistance — set in the time prior to Star Wars: The Force Awakens — will feature the beloved droid BB-8 alongside ace pilots, colorful new characters and appearances by fan favorites including Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, voiced by actors Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie, respectively.

More details at the announcement link: https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-resistance-set-for-fall-debut

X :neo:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The only thing they need to tweak would be making the facial lines a bit bolder, as it is now the faces can look flat in some shots.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Love it. There's a shitton of talent on board for the main voice cast, and I really like the idea of seeing where things are at, and seeing things like an ex-TIE pilot being involved, especially with Poe's comments about how they're REALLY quick when he flies on in TFA. It'll be neat to get a better look at the state of the New Republic pre-TFA to see where things are at socio-politically, since this'll likely be painting our picture for how the Resistance is really coming together and how visible the action from the First Order was before they REALLY made their move.

Properly stoked for this!

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Sigh... It's likely that we'll hear about Leia's voice being recast in the near future. Rachel Batera posted some incredibly inappropriate stuff on Twitter in regards to the Kavanaugh hearings, then very quickly deleted them & backtracked/apologized, then privated her account, then deleted her Twitter entirely. Given the strict behaviour with James Gunn, I can't imagine that this just goes off without action of some kind.

Just the sort of thing that the show DIDN'T need just before it started, especially since that'll push controversy over everything and given the hate squad even more ammunition to share their dislike with different justifications. EDIT: This article covered it pretty well: https://io9.gizmodo.com/star-wars-resistance-actress-posts-video-to-twitter-imi-1829368063

X:neo:

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Watched the first two last night, but haven't caught the third one yet. I'm really enjoying it so far. It's a little bit more goofy tonally in a way that's still not quite as silly as Genndy's Clone Wars got from time-to-time, so it fits pretty well. I do wish that it was a TINY bit darker visually in its colour palette, because I really dig the look of the cel-shading for the most part, but sometimes the brightness makes it feel a little washed out in normal lighting.

Aside from this, I dig the premise of needing to get to know who the First Order leak is, and why this racing station is set up on an old fueling platform near wild space. Given the shield generators on the Colossus, it looks like this might've been Imperial back in the day. I'm also liking the little hints we're getting about the New Republic, and what's know about the First Order and what isn't.

I'm looking forward to meeting more of the pilots and getting a sense for who's who. However, because she's the least suspect visually likely in her design, we met her first and figured out that she has connections to the station platform via her dad, I'm gonna make my early bets on Torra Doza being the one Kaz finds out being the spy, whereas the rest of the pilots start to pull your attention once we meet the larger group.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Seen up to episode 3 now, and I'm really enjoying it. It'll be interesting to see how the story progresses moving forward, but I quite like the general premise of how things're set up.

Additionally, Bucket is a fantastic droid, and I'm REALLY excitedly nervous for the prospect of eventually learning about Neeku Vozo's backstory. Given that the backstory for Lobot was given in the 5 issue Lando comic miniseries is some of the most gut-punchingly good Star Wars in recent memory, since it gives the story about how he became who he is as a result of his cybernetic implants. Neeku's overwhelming optimism & literal interpretation of information give me TONS of feelings about what we're gonna learn about Neeku in the long run, and it's things like that where you can feel little seeds of much deeper things put in place that the series has the ability to pick up over time.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

We get our confirmation that, while the series is starting out 6 months before TFA/TLJ, that eventually it's gonna parallel the events of the films. I'm betting that they'll be using this series as a way to sort out what the Knights of Ren were up to during the films, but potentially also connect with Black Squadron, who were revealed in the comics to've been off on a mission reaching out for assistance when TLJ started, thus being separated from the rest of the fleet.

Top Bottom